Hey, I could see my house from here...

Post and comment on screen captures from the beautiful game here. Home of the monthly screenshot competition

Hey, I could see my house from here...

Postby toprob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 pm

...if I lived in Wellington.
Having fun dropping 'autogen' into Aerofly FS2, even though IPACS have said that it's too early to be looking at this sort of thing. So this isn't a work-in-progress shot, more of an experiment. Here the placed buildings extend to Porirua, but not Petone, so I suspect that if it included the Hutt buildings, you'd still be able to see them...
I haven't checked performance, as I don't generally worry too much about that sort of thing, but Aerofly still runs super-smooth here.
EDIT: the POI labels are 'default' in FS2, you can toggle them on and off with a key.

toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Hey, I could see my house from here...

Postby Charl » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Good fun! Now for the Wind Farm... :)
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby hasegawa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:35 am

Yes it runs "super-smooth" without AI, without active weather from outside, with the relatively simpel aircraft without systems. What do you think about the performance, if all these thing are build into?
Aerofly 2 is a work in progress. I like the optics, the rest not.
hasegawa
Sim-holic

Postby toprob » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:45 am

Sure, we don't know what the 'finished' sim will include, and how that will affect performance. Maybe they should keep it 'lite' and go for the VR market. Someone mentioned a stutter in my short Lyttelton video clip, and although I can't see it in the original video, I certainly noticed it in a new Wellington video, flying over a ridge amongst dense houses certainly made it grind in a similar way to some poorly optimised airports in FSX. I think IPACS were caught out by the experiments with cultivation, they have said that this was meant to enhance the immediate area around an airport, rather than do whole regions.
But I wouldn't underestimate the VR market -- this may be the VR killer app for older folks:)
It's easy to pick out issues while FS2 is being developed, but as long as they are still working on it, I'm keen to support them.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby hasegawa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Dito. It is no question, that it has potential and at the moment it is in my eyes the only Simulation you can "out of the box" fly real VFR and not Garmin VFR.... :D
hasegawa
Sim-holic

Return to Screenshots