Queen Alia International Airport, Amman, Jordan - Sharm El Sheikh International Airport, Egypt

Post and comment on screen captures from the beautiful game here. Home of the monthly screenshot competition

Queen Alia International Airport, Amman, Jordan - Sharm El Sheikh International Airport, Egypt

Postby hasegawa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:00 pm

This was one of the typical Commuter-Flights after a long working day to give me peace...
The aircraft in use is an Embraer ERJ 175, made in Brazil, in not uncommon sight in the United States and in Europe, but I have no information about this type in Australia and New Zealand. Jordan is a small kingdom in the center of the the palestinian conflict and it is one of the more stable arabic islamic autokrat regimes.One of the better... The flight made with the Royal Jordanian Airlines is original, not freelance. You can find them on their timetable. It is a short flight, not much more then half an hour. The approach is a bit demanding because of the terrain. But you have an ILS on the RWY 04L at Sharm el Sheik.
Sharm el Sheik was a typical tourist destination from Europe on the Sinai Peninsula, but this is history. After ISIS bombt a russian Airbus 321 out of the sky with a bomb smuggled in the airliner on the Airport of Sharm el Sheik, these times are gone. Today you can find in original only some local traffic from the states around (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan, Kuweit) and some domestic flights from Egypt Air and sometimes Charter-Flights from Hungary and the Ukraine. But the big european and russian Charter-Airlines are not back. Losses for the egypt tourism are high.

hasegawa
Sim-holic

Topic author

Re: Queen Alia International Airport, Amman, Jordan - Sharm El Sheikh International Airport, Egypt

Postby Aharon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:15 am

Great shots and great display of AI activity although I am having hard time believing that Atlantic Airways A320 has service to Egypt :lol: :lol:

Is Amman airport in your screenshots payware or freeware add on? If freeware, what is name of software company or developer, please?

Thanks,

Aharon
Aharon

Re: Queen Alia International Airport, Amman, Jordan - Sharm El Sheikh International Airport, Egypt

Postby hasegawa » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Yeah Traffic 360 has sometimes "his own ideas" about, what aircraft and Companies are präsent at some airports. It was also in Athens, Greece, that at the airport more aircraft of Aegean Airlines are to see, as this Company has in use... :D In This with the Slider open with 30 %.
No Amman Airport is not Freeware.
http://secure.simmarket.com/armi-projec ... -fsx.phtml
hasegawa
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby Aharon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:59 am

Thanks for answers and once again, awesome screenshots

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Postby hasegawa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:41 pm

"Gracias". Hope i find some other stuff for fun for other friends of flying virtual.
hasegawa
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby deeknow » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Great shots, thanks for sharing. Who's 175 model is that? Will have to check out the ARMI airport, looks decent.

Spent a month or so on the Sinai peninsula near to Sharm el Sheik and in Jordan a few years back. Fabulous places to visit, amazing scenery, rich history and culture, and very safe. Can highly recommend it.

PS no 170/5s or 190/5s in NZ but they have been operated by Virgin in Australia.. http://australianaviation.com.au/2017/0 ... ithdrawal/
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby hasegawa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:03 pm

The aircaft is the feelthere Embraer V2. She is an acceptable aircraft, not ever to say about the products from them. Some people are konfused, that there are no repaints in the first download after payment. They are on the Website from feelthere. At the moment the neu E2 Versions are not big business., The canadian built new C-Series is in Europe better known.
There is a security-warning from the german Auswärtiges Amt (foreign minister) for northwest of Jordan.
http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/DE/Laend ... 27.11.2013
The situation of Egypt is unstable. German tourists can fly to egypt,but there are some restrictions for Sinai.
http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/DE/Laend ... 27.11.2013
Sorry I have not found it in english. In short, it is not safe to take overland buses without guide, military operations around Taba, risk on Sinai, north of Sinai and the border to israel is forbidden, go to Mount Sinai and the famous Katharinenkloster is strict forbidden and no tours in to the Sahara.
The Latvians see this not so.
http://www.mfa.gov.lv/en/search-results?q=Sinai
hasegawa
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby deeknow » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Thanks Andreas. Was the mid 90's when I was there, much has changed since. I spent a couple of weeks in Syria also and it breaks my heart to see it in this state today.

That's a real shame about northern Sinai, wonder how it affects the red sea and southern Sinai Peninsula areas though? Also re Jordan not surprised about the north west region as that's close to the Syrian border. And the Siwa Oasis not surprising re what's happening in Libya. The Israeli borders have always been sketchy, far easier to fly to Israel from another country outside of the region if that's where you want to travel.

I imagine Jordan central and south and most of the touristy Nile route and Red Sea areas of Egypt are still relatively stable. If you didn't travel to places that are occasionally risky you miss out on a fair chunk of the worlds locations and cultures.
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby hasegawa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:47 pm

I was in enough "windy" zones of this planet... Vietnam after the Chinese-Vietnamese border clash, Angola in the middle of the civil war... it was my job.
In egypt I was often enough and there is at the moment no need to do this and Jordan is at the moment not on my list...
hasegawa
Sim-holic

Topic author

Return to Screenshots