I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Postby hasegawa » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:11 pm

It was a very thoughtful and explosive year for us in Germany. There are currently farmers' protests and tractors are clogging up the city centers. That didn't exist before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMrrbGtAxwQ
The railway is not running as it should and collective bargaining among the train drivers is pending.
Politically, the traffic light government made up of the Greens, the FDP (yellow) and the SPD (in principle red) is becoming increasingly harsh with the "dissidents", the people with the wrong opinion. The latest variant is that the government is forcing banks to close the bank accounts of unwanted people, companies and organizations. There are some (no one knows how many) Cases and people selling their cars, fleeing the EU and seeking asylum in Russia.
Thank you for being treated fairly here, despite my sometimes uncomfortable opinions. It was Ian Warren who encouraged me to come and stay here years ago.
hasegawa

Topic author

Re: I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Postby Fozzer » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:25 pm

It's a funny old do, but here, in Great Britain, (my backyard in England, the land of the Anglo-Saxons!), we seem to be fortunate in that we don't seem to have any crazy loonies upsetting the overall scene! I fire up my Internet BBC News on my Desktop Tower Gaming Computer and Gaming Monitor, and nothing serious seems to be happening to cause great alarm, confusion, and despondency!
The Scots are still speaking Scottish, wearing Kilts and blowing Bagpipes, and the Welsh are speaking Welsh, and still crossing over the "Offa's Dyke Border" on Friday and Saturday nights to create mayhem in our English Pubs! (King Offa should have placed Crocodiles in his Dyke!), and the Irish are still planting and eating potatoes, and emigrating to the moonshine Appalachian Mountains in the Eastern USA....HIC!
Otherwise, all is mostly cosy and comfortable since the Romans landed in Great Britain a long time ago, with just a few strange Kings and Queens in between...
...we've got King Charles now...and he seems to be doing OK, bless his cotton socks, even though his ears stick out!
So nuffink much changes day to day!
I still ride my trusty motorcycle, (weather permitting), prepare and cook all my amazing meals every day, and post the results on YouTube, for the rest of the world to enjoy!
So that's the state of play in my part of the world, (Herefordshire, England, my Back Garden), Chums...
..and in the meantime, I wish all of my wonderful Chums, (here, and all around the world), a very Happy Christmas, and good health and happiness...
..and wake up every morning with a big smile!

Love to all...and take care...everyone!... :thumbup: ...!

From Paul, in England... :UK: ... :D ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Re: I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Postby gsnde » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:38 am

Best wishes from the South of Germany and Switzerland to all of you.
Thank you for being such a friendly community.
Stay healthy and happy. Life is great!

Send from mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin

________________________________________________________________________________
The Owl's Nest * Military Aircraft Reference * ICAO Reference * Distance Calculator * MAIW, Military AI & UKMil Reference
gsnde
Forum Addict

Return to Off Topic