The wedding

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

The wedding

Postby Splitpin » Sun May 20, 2018 7:56 pm

I'm noticing a lack of comments on the recent Royal nuptials :)
Not that I was expecting any of course ... so, I shall add my 10 cents worth... and see where it goes.

Bloody well done !!
I love the Royal family and all they stand for, I love the history, the pomp and ceremony .... the whole thing.
You won't put me off with economic arguments (they pay their own way mostly these days) ... in fact, you won't put me off regardless of what you say.
All, the "asides" aside ...I hope that young man gets the happiness he deserves.
And what about HRH Prince Phillip, not long out of a hospital, ramrod straight, beside her Majesty.... bloody magic.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: The wedding

Postby toprob » Sun May 20, 2018 8:15 pm

I didn't intend to watch it, but I soon got quite engrossed. You can tell you are getting old when you can remember his parents getting married....

I must admit I don't follow any of them at all, so I didn't have a clue who Meghan was. She does strike me as quite normal, I do hope that the media doesn't hound her though. I'm sure they will. I saw a news item about a lip-reader who reported on all the intimate details, which struck me as horribly intrusive. But everyone just accepts it as ok and normal.

In honour of the whole thing I've renamed my back-yard 'the horse-shoe cloister'. That might encourage me to do some tidying and weeding...

One more observation -- the American bishop was very entertaining, but the looks on some of the English faces were more so! However when he mentioned Gilead, the camera switched to Meghan in her gift-wrapping, and Harry in his military get-up, and I couldn't help but think of the Handmaid's Tale. The similarities really creeped me out!!!!

What a different life they all live, as I juggle finances to pay for some groceries, I try and imagine what it would be like to be so' privileged'. I am hoping the sun will come out next week, and I can sit in the Cloister and dream big dreams.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Mon May 21, 2018 11:26 am

Rob , What a great reply ...I love the thought of your horse shoe cloister :D
Boy I know what you mean about juggling money , Im right in a hole at the moment , thank God for a supportive and very understanding partner and family.
Only just making petrol money off trademe ...but to make money on trademe you have to spend it ...and thats my catch 22 at the moment ....never been here before and I hate it.

But anyway , I enjoyed your post. I must study Gilead. My mother just finished reading the handmaids tale , and recommend I read it as well.

Ok big fella ...enjoy the cloister , chin up Rob.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby cowpatz » Mon May 21, 2018 11:42 am

Personally I am glad it is all over. I have nothing against the couple , or the wedding itself, but the media frenzy just does my head in. The BS and nit picking they come up with is such a sad indictment on the current state of the media.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Mon May 21, 2018 11:52 am

cowpatz wrote:Personally I am glad it is all over. I have nothing against the couple , or the wedding itself, but the media frenzy just does my head in. The BS and nit picking they come up with is such a sad indictment on the current state of the media.

Agree CP ...I just took in the event for what it was , enjoyed it , and dont even listen or read any of the after match blurb .
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Mon May 21, 2018 4:39 pm

cowpatz wrote:Personally I am glad it is all over. I have nothing against the couple , or the wedding itself, but the media frenzy just does my head in. The BS and nit picking they come up with is such a sad indictment on the current state of the media.

:hesaid:
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Mon May 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Apparently....

....(or so I've been told)... :rolleyes: .....

All this female excitement has been carrying on whilst I was steering my trusty two-wheeled steed from England into Wales during my regular Sunday meet-up with all the Biker Folk in Abergavenny!

The marriage between Parry and Fagan!!.... :o ...!

I did notice that all the Female Bikers/Passengers were absent from the meet-up in the 'Bus Park!

...there were more Lads there than usual. I suspect that they were all escaping from the indoor TV Pandemonium!

I just hope that Ginger-top and Sambolina are very happy in their; "conjoinment"!.... :clap: ...!

...and that Mum and Phil are pleased with the outcome..... ;) ...!

Its now Monday, and everything is back to normal again, just like nothing had happened, and we are still revolving around our Sun, just like we were last week!.... :lol:....!

Paul......I love good wedding when I know that someone else is in deep trouble!.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Fozzer

Return to Off Topic