Just a little rant

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

Just a little rant

Postby Splitpin » Thu May 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Oh my goodness, I'm so very over whats left of morality in society today ...very over it.
Most nights I pop in and visit my mum when I'm not stopping over for the night...and we along with my brother do the "stuff" online quiz.
Most of the time the questions are real general knowledge but also peppered with things about movies and tv shows I've never heard of...all of which is accompanied by the appalling grammar.

But anyway, one question this week was asking if some actress (can't remember her name) has "come out" as a Pansexual! ...true or false.
Straight away I pictured someone with an intimate taste for cookware ...if only.

I had to google the term, and it seems, " pansexuals can be attracted to cisgender, transgender, intersex and androgynous people" ....hang on a minute...
"cisgender? , intersex? androgynous people"?

I must be honest here and it may be my age and generational conditioning, but I struggle with the whole "rainbow" thing.
To me, this is yet another example of morals and normality in a nose dive.
Yes, homosexuality has been around forever, but until recent times we weren't force fed acceptance or understanding.

I'm prepared to accept, but I'll never understand I'm sorry.
I still believe that this is yet another example of the end of times(as we know it) this constant push to embrace things that just aren't natural ...and for what?

Do what you want, but please, just keep it to yourself ...but you won't of course, because you cant ..... a slippery slope indeed.

Whoever created this little rock in the middle of nowhere, populated now (for the most part) by arrogant, self-serving ... oh, god knows what must be looking down and thinking ...WTH.

I really wish I could become a cockroach sometimes because they will be the only things to survive whats coming.

Now sit back and watch my W T F, 2 lines up get censored ....W T F .
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Just a little rant

Postby toprob » Fri May 11, 2018 12:00 am

The thing which stood out in your 'rant' was this:

"To me, this is yet another example of morals and normality in a nose dive."

Normality is one of those concepts which can just slide out from under you when you think about things. What you really mean is 'normal to me'. Which is based on the experiences you've had, and the people you've met. What we get these days is access to a lot more 'personal' stories, via social media, and because people generally like to be entertained this way, it is picked up by the 'normal' media. So if someone who is newsworthy wants to try and explain why the normal sexual preference labels don't apply to them, and the media wants to run with it (I just did a quick Bing myself, so I'm talking to you, Rolling Stone) then let them. What harm can it do to you?

Lately I've been exploring another 'spectrum' which affects me -- autism spectrum disorder -- and by talking to a lot of people, I've learnt that a) I'm one of the lucky ones when it comes to health and happiness, and b) everyone has things they have trouble dealing with, or expressing, or understanding about themselves, and you can't judge or blame them for trying to figure it out. The fact that this ends up in an online quiz is hardly the thing to take away here.

I won't even get into 'morals', which is similar to 'normality', but a lot more complicated. But it is easy to think about what is moral to you, and accept that not everyone thinks the way you do. I suspect that you have a more religious base to what is moral, but that doesn't work at all for me.

The point I wanted to make is that the current openness and active discussion about this sort of thing seems wonderful to me -- because I know that mostly this is just normal people trying to make sense of a riotous and complex world, right down to what is happening in their own head. Trying to express this doesn't mean that they are arrogant or self-serving. It makes them normal. I must admit that I've learnt a lot about gender roles, preferences, bias, confusion and labels by talking to my daughter. She is a wonderful, powerful, educated gay woman, you can learn a lot from her.

Sure, our generation doesn't get on the net and go on about our sexuality, but maybe we should, we might be a lot happier and healthier. I'll start... dammit, I've used my quota of speech marks, maybe another time!
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Fri May 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Rob , I knew I could count on you for a beautifully composed, balanced reply ...thank you.

I won't retract anything I said, but I've taken your point of view onboard.
I guess all I was trying to say was that I cant keep up with the constant barrage of changes to what used to be, male and female ...and why should I?

Your stance was relayed eloquently, again, thank you.

But ...Mr Corn, a more pressing matter ...when will NZCH be done ? :)
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Fozzer » Sat May 12, 2018 2:55 am

Hello Marty... :D ....!

My solution for all the; "funny stuff" going on around me, is to keep well away from other Folk!.... :nahnah: ...!

I am very happy in my "normality", and daily isolation from all the strange; "goings-on" out there!..... :lol: ....!

As the saying goes; "There's nowt so queer as Folk"....>>>> https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... er-as-folk

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Fozzer

Postby towerguy » Sat May 12, 2018 9:18 am

can't say too much as I have family in both camps and in a few camps that I'm not sure even are camps

I don't agree with all of your post however I do agree with some of it

it sure made me pick up the corn liquor jug for a second swig and a think about things before going back to cleaning and reloading the Winchester. :P

I can't wait to move to the country far away from the mad and maddening crowd. I have my name on the transfer list to Rotovegas tower, but goodness
only knows when it might actually happen!
CPU- i7 4790K @4.0Gb Cooler- Noctua NH-D15 M/B- Z97 ProGamer P/S- 750W RAM- 16Gb
Graphics- Nvidia GTX970 16Gb Drives- 2x 120Gb SSD Samsung 850EVO, 1x 2Tb HD, 1x DVD-RW
Sound- on M/B Logitec 5.1 surround sound system OS- Win 10 pro , all wrapped in a black Corsair case Display - Panasonic UHD 4k 50" Flatscreen TV.( 3840x2160 Res)
towerguy
Sim-holic

Postby Charl » Sat May 12, 2018 9:53 am

TG ya ole Hillbilly ;) I found a clip that yo just have to sit through... I know you have the skillz to execute this when you get to the Country.
I know this is the wrong thread but I couldn't be fussed finding the right one... pull up the corn jug
Watch on youtube.com
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Sat May 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Splitpin wrote:But ...Mr Corn, a more pressing matter ...when will NZCH be done ?

I do have a rule, every time someone asks me that I add a month...

I think I said that I do have a time-frame in mind, but at the moment it seems like a forlorn hope. Still, progress is being made, and I may be in touch about an early 'beta' test in a month or so, just for you. But I suspect that winter would be well over by the time it is finished.

I do try and have one day off a week, which basically means that instead of working on NZCH today, I'm doing something fun -- modelling the Memorial Gateway bridge for NZCH:) It's hard to get actual specs of the arch, so it is all eye-balled stuff, but I might email the NZTA and see if they have some figures...

It ain't as tricky as the "Cumulus Gate Pavilion for Richard Pearse" sculpture which sits beside the tower. My model is more of an 'interpretation' so far.... It doesn't help that the real thing is a guaranteed migraine trigger for me.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Sat May 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Cheers Rob ...would be more than happy to help out with testing if you think I'm up to it.
Still considering a trip south to see you at some time ....maybe bring you some goodies from the big smoke :)
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Splitpin » Sat May 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Charl ...re the video ...love it :lol:
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby towerguy » Sun May 13, 2018 1:29 pm

all boiled down it's still a muzzle loader! :lol:

loved it - could see a 40ft model of this on the tower roof! :clap:
CPU- i7 4790K @4.0Gb Cooler- Noctua NH-D15 M/B- Z97 ProGamer P/S- 750W RAM- 16Gb
Graphics- Nvidia GTX970 16Gb Drives- 2x 120Gb SSD Samsung 850EVO, 1x 2Tb HD, 1x DVD-RW
Sound- on M/B Logitec 5.1 surround sound system OS- Win 10 pro , all wrapped in a black Corsair case Display - Panasonic UHD 4k 50" Flatscreen TV.( 3840x2160 Res)
towerguy
Sim-holic

Postby Lindstrim » Sun May 13, 2018 9:21 pm

towerguy wrote:all boiled down it's still a muzzle loader! :lol:

loved it - could see a 40ft model of this on the tower roof! :clap:

Or a BB gun to shot down balloons? :P
Lindstrim
Forum Addict

Return to Off Topic