Moon Pic

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

Re: Moon Pic

Postby chopper_nut » Mon May 28, 2018 1:44 pm

Very appropriate considering the passing of Al Bean yesterday.
chopper_nut

Postby Charl » Mon May 28, 2018 4:23 pm

Yup, #4 to walk the moon as Lunar Module pilot for Apollo 12 (I had to look that up), and apparently the nicest guy.
His art will live on.

SUBS17 wrote:BTW the spin of the earth is not controlled by the moon just weather and tidal motion that's it. Earths gravity and spin is controlled by gravity gears inside earth itself
I omitted the bit that "we" did indeed rotate quite rapidly. Since the moon slows us down by 2 milliseconds every 100 years, over 4 billion or so years we got to the present 24 hours. It might have been a bit wild back then, so maybe trading today for a 4-hourly nap isn't all that attractive after all :)

"Gravity Gears", eh? ... wonder if that would be Automatic or Manual?
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Mon May 28, 2018 4:40 pm

Charl wrote:
"Gravity Gears", eh? ... wonder if that would be Automatic or Manual?

Wouldn't really matter, provided they are Citroen-type double-helicals, to keep the two hemispheres in sync,even though they're relatively upside-down :radar:
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby chopper_nut » Mon May 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Charl wrote:Yup, #4 to walk the moon as Lunar Module pilot for Apollo 12 (I had to look that up), and apparently the nicest guy.
His art will live on.

I would've met him next month in AZ... He also commanded the second Skylab flight. Very pleasant guy by all accounts.
chopper_nut

Postby Charl » Mon May 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Reading about Apollo 12... must've been psychologically tough to be the Command Module pilot. You get to go, but somehow don't make the last gasp, so to speak.
emfrat wrote:even though they're relatively upside-down :radar:
Wonder who it was that decided the solar system model was "Up" such that everything goes anti-clockwise! If you look at it from our side it makes much more sense and is Much Tidier.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Mon May 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Charl wrote:Wonder who it was that decided the solar system model was "Up" such that everything goes anti-clockwise! If you look at it from our side it makes much more sense and is Much Tidier.

Charl, in them days the world was flat. Pope Alexander said so. He had drawn a line down through the N and S Atlantic and said to one side was for Portugal and t'other for Spain, so he clearly did not think it was round. All the master mariners knew it must be round, which is why we find people like Vasco da Gama and Columbus heading off in the "wrong" direction to find the Spice Islands, in the East Indies.
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby chopper_nut » Mon May 28, 2018 8:55 pm

Charl wrote:Reading about Apollo 12... must've been psychologically tough to be the Command Module pilot. You get to go, but somehow don't make the last gasp, so to speak.

Yes and no. These guys were test pilots for the most part. If you hear Mike Collins talking about it, he has absolutely no regrets about not walking on the moon. Al Worden (Apollo 15) is the same. They realised that the CMP is an absolutely integral part of the system. Dick Gorden was supposed to command Apollo 18 but of course the lunar flights ended at 17. The early CMPs (Apollo 8, 9, 10) ended up commanding Apollos 13, 15 and 16.
chopper_nut

Postby emfrat » Mon May 28, 2018 9:07 pm

Too right, Nick...each member of the team had his own tasks, and they all did them excellently - 'first or last to set foot on the moon' was pretty much irrelevant
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby chopper_nut » Tue May 29, 2018 8:33 am

The ultimate flying challenge. It's such a huge subject that I'm constantly learning new things.. mostly about the hardware. The Apollo CSM was probably the most complex machine ever designed by man and it only had one major failure. That says a lot for the engineering talent of the folks at NAA and NASA.
chopper_nut

Postby SUBS17 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:03 am

Charl wrote:Reading about Apollo 12... must've been psychologically tough to be the Command Module pilot. You get to go, but somehow don't make the last gasp, so to speak.
Wonder who it was that decided the solar system model was "Up" such that everything goes anti-clockwise! If you look at it from our side it makes much more sense and is Much Tidier.

Our Lord God built the entire solar system, Milky way and Universe and life. Interesting fact planets like Saturn and others with rings actually have large space ships(from Heaven) that use gravity to shepheard the rocks to remain as rings.(as the rings are a work of art for people and sentient life forms to see)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86r2l2V7y6E

Above Earth another ship operates(from Heaven) in low Earth orbit above mostly Antarctica extracting pollutants from the upper atmosphere it is 1km long.(that is why we have an ozone hole which is where the pollutants{a group of carbon monoxides} are extracted the carbon removed and the oxygen returned to the atmosphere.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov0HViVDBco
SUBS17

Postby SUBS17 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:06 am

emfrat wrote:
Charl wrote:Wonder who it was that decided the solar system model was "Up" such that everything goes anti-clockwise! If you look at it from our side it makes much more sense and is Much Tidier.

Charl, in them days the world was flat. Pope Alexander said so. He had drawn a line down through the N and S Atlantic and said to one side was for Portugal and t'other for Spain, so he clearly did not think it was round. All the master mariners knew it must be round, which is why we find people like Vasco da Gama and Columbus heading off in the "wrong" direction to find the Spice Islands, in the East Indies.

For the Tech tree for the Human race exploration of Earth and maps to show the Earth as being round was added to prove the pope wrong and people were sent all over the Globe in order to achieve it.
SUBS17

Postby emfrat » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:45 pm

As far as mapping goes, because early telescopes created an inverted image, astronomical maps have South at the top, while Terrestrial ones use North. Early cartography was almost totally Euro-centric. :radar:
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:46 pm

SUBS17 wrote:

Our Lord God built the entire solar system, Milky way and Universe and life. Interesting fact planets like Saturn and others with rings actually have large space ships(from Heaven) that use gravity to shepheard the rocks to remain as rings.(as the rings are a work of art for people and sentient life forms to see)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86r2l2V7y6E

Above Earth another ship operates(from Heaven) in low Earth orbit above mostly Antarctica extracting pollutants from the upper atmosphere it is 1km long.(that is why we have an ozone hole which is where the pollutants{a group of carbon monoxides} are extracted the carbon removed and the oxygen returned to the atmosphere.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov0HViVDBco

The funniest thing ever!.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Just about covers my view of all things "Heaven and Earth", and all things; "Godly".... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

"Batty" got all this celestial stuff about right.... :wink2:... >>>

"I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in rain. Time to die".

Paul... :D .....!
Fozzer

Postby SUBS17 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:11 am

Theres is a lot of stuff on Earth that point to this for example Stonehenge is in fact built by Heaven and represents the relationship between Earth/Moon and the Gravity gears underground. The Horse on the side of the hill in the UK represent
1 near the kiwi where the first Horse was discovered in the very first History(same location as this history).
2 the 2nd horse is the location where Horses were first placed on Earth from Heaven.

* The Horse is important to the tech-tree for the Human race as it allows people to travel further, carry more and travel faster and use less energy.

Rice terraces in Philippines represent where rice was discovered(in the first history and in this one) which is important to the tech tree for the human race as it greatly reduces hunger.

Rock cut in half in Ireland

This is where the potato was discovered which is also important to the human race as a source of food. ;)
(Back in the day Knights/Archers/Soldiers and Peasants all had to eat worms and other critters a lot because of locations where there was very little food throughout their lives because food was hard to find in a lot of places.)
SUBS17

Postby emfrat » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:52 am

I explained about Stonehenge in the VFR Forum, back in Dec 2006 :rolleyes:

"Some deep background on Stonehenge, for younger readers :

Few people nowadays remember that the stone henge was actually a primitive VOR. It was very effective for departures, but less so for inbound traffic, due to telecommunication problems. At that time, the only reliable long distance messaging system involved carved slates, fired from a Ballista. This ex-military technology was coupled with a new idea, Really Accurate Druid Approach Runes (which had evolved from an even older system, Pretty Accurate Runes, or PAR for short).

For a while, this seemed to be the solution, but as traffic grew, serious problems appeared. All too often, an inbound party would arrive at the henge only to find that the Despatcher-Druid had himself been dispatched by an unexpected communication. As this side-effect was more prevalent at peak periods, the system quickly descended into chaos, while recruitment and training costs spiralled uncontrollably upwards.

Inevitably, the system was abandoned, and today the only memorial to the fate of those bold pioneering Druids is the sound you hear when two people try to transmit at the same time, on VHF.

(and some folk think I make this stuff up )

Cheers
MikeW"
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Charl » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:22 am

Marty, look what you have gone and unleashed... the Moon is a powerful influence, alright.

Last time I visited Stonehenge, it was roped off and they wouldn't let us chip off souvenir bits, the way it was in the Old Days.
Turns out they were only letting in people wearing conical hats made of tin foil, but we only found that out much later... :o
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Charl ...I know, and the irony is, the bloody picture isn't there anymore.
All a bit odd for me I'm sorry .... the Apollo stuff is very interesting (thanks Nick) ...but, "Gravity Gears" <_< ..... SUB dude, don't mess with my old head.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:14 pm

Splitpin wrote:Charl ...I know, and the irony is, the bloody picture isn't there anymore.
All a bit odd for me I'm sorry .... the Apollo stuff is very interesting (thanks Nick) ...but, "Gravity Gears" <_< ..... SUB dude, don't mess with my old head.

It was bound to happen, Marty!

..all this human interference with our lovely old Moon, means that she has moved off somewhere else, much quieter!

They are Hell-bent on making a Pig's Ear of Mars now!.... :angry: ....!

Paul.... :wink2: ....!
Fozzer

Postby SUBS17 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:00 am

Splitpin wrote:Charl ...I know, and the irony is, the bloody picture isn't there anymore.

Heres another one:

Apollo 13 how did it stop the rotation after impact, the other astronaut told him to release the stick and it stopped rotating, WHY? And what did they hit to cause it in the first place?
SUBS17

Postby SUBS17 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:11 am

Charl wrote:Marty, look what you have gone and unleashed... the Moon is a powerful influence, alright.

Last time I visited Stonehenge, it was roped off and they wouldn't let us chip off souvenir bits, the way it was in the Old Days.
Turns out they were only letting in people wearing conical hats made of tin foil, but we only found that out much later... :o

Druids never built Stonehenge, the same people who built Stonehenge also built the Easter island statues.
Easter island statues represent living artificial intelligence that was created in order to reshape history after the extinction of the human race. One of the statues represents the Holy Spirit who is also living artificial intelligence.

Druids are also not capable of building something like Stonehenge as the stone that it was constructed from came from a distance 100s of miles away, the actual quarry is still there to this day and yet to be discovered. In order to build something like that you need funding and support and vast quantities of food and enthusiasm, back in those days food wasn't plentiful people actually lived off worms as there was nothing else to eat. Humans were not in that region either they were centred around the middle east after Noahs flood.
SUBS17

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic