Biscuits

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

Biscuits

Postby Splitpin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:43 pm

Have you noticed over the past few years that Biscuits in New Zealand are getting smaller?

Well, I have .... for example, the mellow puff, a mere shadow of its former self. <_<
Chocolate chippys have gone down the same road, along with others.
But all is not lost my little biscuit aficionados in the great morning tea that we know as life ...... My research shows that some ...just some, have retained the substance we know and love.

May I direct you to the Cameo cream, apparently untouched by the downsizing trend, also the Mint Treat, and Tim Tam.
But the mellow puff really gets me... do they think we are idiots? won't notice?
It's like the pictures on the drive-thru signs at McD's ..... have you ever had a big mac that looks like the picture? I haven't, and I frequent that place more than I should.

Maybe it's just the times we live in, but when "they" mess with the Mellow Puffs, its time to speak up.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Biscuits

Postby toprob » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:49 pm

I guess it's part of the 'health' movement, you should be able to have a biscuit without exceeding your sugar limit for the day.... on the other hand, I'd be more likely to have two to make up for it.

Burgers are a different matter entirely, they have always been flat soggy messes, but I do like the occasional whopper!
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Splitpin wrote:Have you noticed over the past few years that Biscuits in New Zealand are getting smaller? .

It's the same here - redesign the pack, reduce the content, and bump up the price. Over here, Coles is notorious for that, but all the supermarkets do it. On my last two visits to NZ, they seemed just a tad less voracious.
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:24 pm

And along those lines ... what is going on in the world? seems if you are a male, your some kind of demon these days.( I know some are)
I won't go on too much, but this thing about getting rid of the Formula one and car show girls .... just because some old "aunty" doesn't think its right. :ph43r:
Has anyone bothered to ask the girls themselves?

I think the time is here for us males to make a stand, I'm sick of hearing about this BS day in and day out.

Arghh.... what times we live in :unsure:
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Charl » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:06 pm

I have a lot to say on this topic...
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Splitpin wrote:I think the time is here for us males to make a stand,

I really have to call you out on that one -- make a stand to what end? To win back our threatened role as the master sex? Last year I read a huge number of musician's autobiographies (ah, the joys of Aspergers), and invariably the women were all victims of what was at best sexual harassment, at worst sexual abuse. These are powerful women, who built an empire as successful as any man's, but still had to put up with the boy's club tricks to keep them in their place.

I don't think that the problem is demonic, it is weak men in positions of power. If my daughter -- and grand-daughter -- can live in a time when men don't use slimy back-handed methods to take advantage of them, then I can't see the current 'movement' as anything but positive. I can even see that there may be an over-reaction at some stage, but I don't see it yet. This is the tip of the ice-berg.

There are plenty of good guys, and they shouldn't feel threatened by any of this. Sure, it may make you feel uncomfortable, being forced to confront something like this, but that's the way change happens. Oh, and speaking out -- hence this rant:)

Maybe another biscuit....
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby rayclyde » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:04 am

The cure is simple. Shoot all men. After all, women are so pure
rayclyde

Postby Splitpin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:28 pm

Good rant Rob , and I agree ...have another mellow puff :P
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Dinga » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Splitpin wrote:Have you noticed over the past few years that Biscuits in New Zealand are getting smaller?

Well, I have .... for example, the mellow puff, a mere shadow of its former self. <_<
Chocolate chippys have gone down the same road, along with others.
But all is not lost my little biscuit aficionados in the great morning tea that we know as life ...... My research shows that some ...just some, have retained the substance we know and love.

May I direct you to the Cameo cream, apparently untouched by the downsizing trend, also the Mint Treat, and Tim Tam.
But the mellow puff really gets me... do they think we are idiots? won't notice?
It's like the pictures on the drive-thru signs at McD's ..... have you ever had a big mac that looks like the picture? I haven't, and I frequent that place more than I should.

Maybe it's just the times we live in, but when "they" mess with the Mellow Puffs, its time to speak up.

Yes I remember the days when MPs came with a walnut on top. :rolleyes: Glad to here cameo creams are still doing the old school recipe :thumbup:
Always liked those ones .Top Biscuit
Now days hardly ever eat the chocky bickys.It crackers and cheeses all the way.The chocolate fix comes from a Whitikers block.

About the males getting all the bad press lately. Its bad alright, we need more role models like Hillary and Kingsford Smith. There is no one for these young guys to look up to.
Dinga
Forum Addict

Postby Fozzer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney Pies: Manufacturers admit that they are putting less meat in the pies, but still charging the same as before!
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/f ... e-11890097

Toilet Rolls (Bum wiping) getting thinner to the point that they are now transparent. Have to use twice as much. Still costs the same as before.
Kitchen Paper Towels (nose blowing). (The same as above).
Batteries no longer last as long. Cost even more.
Cooking/Heating Gas is getting cooler.
Electric is getting duller/weaker.
Less water in the Toilet Flush.
My Pension is shrinking.
Cost of Living is increasing.
My hearing and eyesight are getting worse, but I still need to do the same things as before.

.....it's going to be cold, and rain forever....and the Russians are coming....

Paul....Goodnight.... :( ....!

..... :wink2: .... :wink2: ...!
Fozzer

Postby Splitpin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Ahhhh Fozzer ...... :lol: Yet another breath of fresh air :)
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Fozzer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:42 am

Splitpin wrote:Ahhhh Fozzer ...... :lol: Yet another breath of fresh air :)

Ta, Marty!..... :bow: ...!

I'm not much good at posting Screen Shots, etc, (been doing it for far too many years now), but I do enjoy reading and posting interesting and comical stuff on this and various other Forums.

I do like a bit of a larf every day!.... :lol: ....!

It makes the World go round, clears the Lungs, and lubricates the Bowels*... :thumbup: ...!

Cheers, all...

Paul.... :wink2: ....!

* ....talking of which.... Hot Chicken Madras with rice for Supper tonight. That should do the trick!... :rockon: ...!
Fozzer

Return to Off Topic