another one gone ...

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

another one gone ...

Postby Splitpin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:47 pm

Im really starting to look at my own mortality ... just heard that yet another good friend (2 years younger) has passed away.
We spoke ...less than a month ago, no indication that anything was wrong.(He was a visitor here.. forum)
Its seems , he decided , for what ever reason, that he had , had enough.

Andrew ... you tried for so long, all those years ago to perfect my piping of this tune...and failed :lol:
So , this ones for you mate... and for your darling Anna :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjNwsTbixbc
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: another one gone ...

Postby deeknow » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:51 pm

thats a bugger Marty, sorry to hear that bud
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:34 pm

Always bad news Marty!

One of my lovely Sons decided to; "end it all" at the age of 54, for unknown reasons, a couple of months ago.

It always leaves a hole in our memory, and confusion as to why it happened...

...with no answers!

It's always confusing when the rest of your (our) life is going reasonably well.

Paul.
Fozzer

Postby deeknow » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:17 am

Jeeze Paul, don't know what to say but sorry. I bet it has been a difficult time for you guys.

We have a very high incidence of this in NZ by world standards and although I've not been personally affected family wise it's clearly very challenging for those left behind. I guess all you can do is talk w those around you and make sure you don't blame yourself aye.

Take care mate :wub:
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:14 am

deeknow wrote:Jeeze Paul, don't know what to say but sorry. I bet it has been a difficult time for you guys.

We have a very high incidence of this in NZ by world standards and although I've not been personally affected family wise it's clearly very challenging for those left behind. I guess all you can do is talk w those around you and make sure you don't blame yourself aye.

Take care mate :wub:

Ta Dean...!

Its a funny old do...

When I think back now, over the years, a number of my friends and workmates have topped themselves, without any apparent reason or warning beforehand!

It just goes to show that we have to take very great notice of any; "strangeness", or changes in our friend's, etc, behavior!...

It can easily go unnoticed until it is too late!

Winter can be a down time when folks can get depressed, particularly in the cold and dark Northern Hemispheres (Alaska, Canada, Scandinavia, etc)!

Me?...I'm as happy as a Sandboy as long as I'm warm, and I've got lots of toys to play with, a little drop of Vino, and a nice, tasty meal on the go on my gas stove....

...and someone offers to cut the bl**dy grass in my back garden before it becomes unmanageable in the coming Spring!.... :bow: .....

Paul...its being comical which keeps me cheerful every day!.... :lol: ...!
Fozzer

Postby cowpatz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:31 am

Sorry to learn of that Marty. Unfortunately we are entering that age bracket when these nasty things happen all too frequently.

Paul I don't know what to say as to your recent family bereavement other than to offer my sincerest condolences and best wishes. A real tragedy.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:51 am

cowpatz wrote:Sorry to learn of that Marty. Unfortunately we are entering that age bracket when these nasty things happen all too frequently.

Paul I don't know what to say as to your recent family bereavement other than to offer my sincerest condolences and best wishes. A real tragedy.

Ta, Moo-Cow-Poo...

It's strange....

Since the natural death of my dear old Mum and Dad in 1990, both at the age of 90, I've taken "death" as a matter of course now...

I just look at it as; "things happen", (or, as we Cockneys say; " 'fings 'appen! "), and there's nothing we can do to about it!

All the weeping, getting upset, and; "American-style" praying won't change anything, and life goes on as usual!

As I get increasingly older I get used to the fact that we don't last forever, and some of us pop off earlier than others.

I'm just very glad that I wake up every morning with a big grin on my face!.... :lol: ....!

...and notice the Kettle switch itself off each time it comes to the boil.... :wink2: ...!

Paul.... B-) ....!
Fozzer

Postby Splitpin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Paul , I'm so sorry to hear about your son . So hard to figure out life sometimes.
Again Im sorry you had to go through that .
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Some dreadful news here in this thread, from both Marty and Paul. I like Paul's attitude, though, I've been slowly coming around to thinking the same way. I'm aware that I am the product of a countless number of generations going back beyond pre-history, almost all of which are now dead, and I don't think any less of them for that.
I have also been thinking that I'm blessed, really, and I certainly plan not to outlive my kids!
Although my sister just told me today that my very first girlfriend -- we were 15 at the time -- has died. That was a bit of a blow, as I do remember her as vividly alive. Her mother, who I remember with... fondness? fear?... died shortly after.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:26 pm

My condolences to you Paul I know what you are going through as I am in the middle of sorting out my daughters estate after she also took her own life last month at the age of 53.
Maybe if they could see the devastation caused to those family members and friend they leave behind they might think more about what they are doing.
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Return to Off Topic