Space Stuff....

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

Space Stuff....

Postby Fozzer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:40 am

I love following all this "Space Stuff" on the News and the Internet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46742298

As simple Sim Pilots and Motorcyclists, it gives us some idea just how big/massive/enormous the Universe is...
... how far away everything is, speed, and how long it takes to get anywhere!

Ultima Thule is the same length as the distance (21 miles) from my Town of Hereford, (England), to Abergavenny, (Wales), during my Sunday Motorcycle rides to meet up with the fellow Motorcyclists!

Ultima Thule crashing into the route taken on my journey would result in a necessary by-pass being created to lengthen my journey!

There is a lot of stuff above us, so always wear a Safety Helmet when going outdoors!

More exciting Space Stuff to come!.... :thumbup: ....!

Paul.... :D ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Space Stuff....

Postby deeknow » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:48 pm

its great stuff all right Paul, and i see today the Chinese have landed a probe on the moon, the dark side even :o
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby chopper_nut » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:06 am

Correction... Far side. There is no dark side of the moon.... except in people's record collections
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:23 am

The other side of the Moon is completely flat.

...just like Planet Earth.

....apparently...

Paul... :D ...!

https://www.tfes.org/

Warning:
...whilst reading this, take care not to fall off the edge.
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:39 am

A bit more Stuff...>>>

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46748602

The Chinese will have to be very careful what they step onto... :unsure: ....>>>

Last Pic!.. :blink: .. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ampstories/m ... index.html

Paul... :D ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Charl » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:10 am

Correction... Far side. There is no dark side of the moon.... except in people's record collections
Yes; matter of fact, It's All Dark :)

It's great that space has become fashionable again, perhaps once more helped along by Mr. Elon Musk's efforts!
Mind you, the Soviet Union staked its claim to the moon 60 years ago.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby chopper_nut » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:18 pm

It is interesting the difference between the unmanned Soviet spacecraft and the US ones. The US went from being behind in terms of heavy lifting to being so far ahead that it wasn't funny...... back to being behind again.
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:15 pm

Yes ...it all comes down to flags.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEx5G-GOS1k
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby Splitpin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:19 pm

But seriously, good on China ...keep the race going.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:56 pm

Being a practical sort of Bloke...
I spend many hours. every night, in bed, contemplating the vastness of the; "Universe", and always come to the conclusion that all this fascinating NASA, Europe, China, etc, etc space exploration stuff is of pure; "academic" interest...
...and that we puny little; "Human Beings", on this tiny little nondescript lump of rock, in our own little Solar System with our own little Planets whirling around, buried deep within a remote arm of our little; "Milky Way" Galaxy with all its zillions of other Stars and Planets, all whirling around...
...far distant from all the other zillions of other Galaxies containing all their own Stars and Planets whirling around....
...and that everything is so far distant from everything else, and takes to long for anything to get anywhere, even at the speed of light, 186,000 Miles Per Second, 186,000 Miles at one tick of our Earthly Clock!, which means that much of what we see in the sky above us is no longer there because it/they have exploded/disappeared long before their light has reached us because they are so far away, and it takes so long to reach us!
Our tiny little lump of rock and everything on it, in the middle of nowhere, is of nothing, compared with everything else out there!
Every time I hear/see the words "Space Exploration", its time to switch the bedroom light off, chuckle to myself, and go back to sleep again!

EVERYTHING is just too far away...think about it!

Paul....back to contemplating my Navel in bed.....it's much less complicated...trust me!.... :D .... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby SUBS17 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:18 am

Well the future is very good for Humankind regarding space exploration in the future people will have the chance to fly to the moon and other planets. There will be intergalactic tourism and people will get to see not only the Milky way but other galaxies. At the moment the Milky way has stopped moving and some other galaxies are still moving so we can observe galaxies moving from Earth what is interesting is if we should travel there then those planets with rings would not yet have them deployed so I'm interested in going there and checking it out. Its possible to travel to the other side of the universe through worm holes although the technology does not yet exist here it will in the near future the rate things are going. :plane:
SUBS17

Return to Off Topic