Moon Pic

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

Re: Moon Pic

Postby towerguy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:15 am

soooo...

do you guys buy local or grow your own? :unsure:
CPU- i7 4790K @4.0Gb Cooler- Noctua NH-D15 M/B- Z97 ProGamer P/S- 750W RAM- 16Gb
Graphics- Nvidia GTX970 16Gb Drives- 2x 120Gb SSD Samsung 850EVO, 1x 2Tb HD, 1x DVD-RW
Sound- on M/B Logitec 5.1 surround sound system OS- Win 10 pro , all wrapped in a black Corsair case Display - Panasonic UHD 4k 50" Flatscreen TV.( 3840x2160 Res)
towerguy
Sim-holic

Postby SUBS17 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:01 pm

The debris Apollo 13 collided with was actually from the Tungaska comet.(caught between the gravity of Earth and the moon)
SUBS17

Postby Charl » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:03 am

towerguy wrote:soooo...
I suspect it's exotic, and very powerful... allows a brief glimpse of reality, and then goes walkabout.
Then again, this could perfectly describe the actions of certain world leaders... :o
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby SUBS17 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:23 am

Charl wrote:
towerguy wrote:soooo...
I suspect it's exotic, and very powerful... allows a brief glimpse of reality, and then goes walkabout.
Then again, this could perfectly describe the actions of certain world leaders... :o

Which World Leader?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics ... bombs.html

If you're referring to this guy, he knows something about NZ that you don't. :wink2:
SUBS17

Postby chopper_nut » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:30 pm

SUBS17 wrote:
Splitpin wrote:Charl ...I know, and the irony is, the bloody picture isn't there anymore.
All a bit odd for me I'm sorry .... the Apollo stuff is very interesting (thanks Nick) ...but, "Gravity Gears" <_< ..... SUB dude, don't mess with my old head.

Heres another one:

Apollo 13 how did it stop the rotation after impact, the other astronaut told him to release the stick and it stopped rotating, WHY? And what did they hit to cause it in the first place?

O2 tank exploded due to a failed heating element that ignited what had become mostly gaseous O2. The increase in pressure destroyed the tank and one of the ones next to it. The O2 vented to a vacuum and therefore expanded rapidly, blowing the side of the spacecraft out. That was what caused the initial rates. The DAP (digital autopilot) was initialised and tried to compensate for the Delta V (change in velocity) that was provided by the venting O2 but one of the thruster quads was destroyed by the explosion and the DAP couldn't manage. The rates were stopped mostly when the O2 was vented by activating the lunar module RCS system and using that to control the vehicle although they did drift a little due to waste water and being in a configuration that the LM wasn't designed to handle.
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby SUBS17 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:37 am

That caused the spin but what caused it to stop spinning, I think someone helped and slowed the rotation down. :wink2:
SUBS17

Postby chopper_nut » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:30 am

Yeah the astronauts did through the LM control system. Once the CSM was shut down, that's all they had. The movie, although condensed actually shows it all pretty accurately
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Previous

Return to Off Topic