what people like ....its odd.

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

what people like ....its odd.

Postby Splitpin » Tue May 15, 2018 8:17 pm

Bit of a nothing post really , but I felt the need to share.
Im very active on trademe at the moment, and listed an old (33 year old) in flight menu from the inaugural (747) CHC -FIJI-HAWAII-LA service with Air New Zealand .
I put it on for $5.00 and sold it for $20.00 ....one mans junk ......
I wonder what would have happened if I started that auction at $15.00 ? ..... no matter, two people are happy.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: what people like ....its odd.

Postby Fozzer » Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Selling no longer wanted stuff..... :rolleyes: ....

I have one bedroom stuffed with £1,000's worth of musical instruments of all sorts: Piano's, Organs, Programmable Synthesizers, Guitars, Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, medieval instruments, etc, etc...

...another bedroom stuffed with various electronic equipment, including Measuring Instruments, Computers, and various vintage Radio Transmitters and Receivers, etc, etc...

Another Bedroom stuffed with various Technical Magazines, Instruction Manuals, etc...

Downstairs is stuffed with Motorcycles, etc...

A garden shed full of Gardening Stuff...etc...

All this stuff needs to be sold for loadsamoney....

...but the thought of having to stay indoors, every day, day after day, waiting for the landline phone to ring, or a knock on the door, prohibits me from advertising it all on E-Bay, Gumtree, and similar Sites, together with the inevitable arguments over price, condition, etc, prohibits from doing so...

The sale of all this stuff would enable me to purchase a nice, shiny, classy, chromium-plated, Cruiser Motorcycle (Harley Davidson?) to end my earthly days on....

...but I just can't be arsed with all the stress involved in the; "selling" process!

I will probably get buried, .......together with all my.... STUFF!... :( .....!

Paul..... :wink2: .... :lol: .... :lol: ...!
OnlineUser avatar
Fozzer

Postby Splitpin » Thu May 17, 2018 6:50 pm

oooo Fozzer, I would love to come and look through your stuff.
In particular the Technical Magazines, Instruction Manuals....not to mention the motorcycles.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Fozzer » Thu May 17, 2018 8:20 pm

Splitpin wrote:oooo Fozzer, I would love to come and look through your stuff.
In particular the Technical Magazines, Instruction Manuals....not to mention the motorcycles.

...and you know you will get treated to some of Fozzer's Amazing Meals whilst you are here, sorting through all my; "Stuff".... :lol: ....!

Trying to sell stuff is always stressful...and I try to avoid stress...and just cook another tasty meal instead... B-) ...!

Collecting stuff, and not throwing anything away, results in a house crammed full of; Stuff!... :blink: ....!

Paul....mostly stuffed... :rolleyes: ...!
OnlineUser avatar
Fozzer

Postby Splitpin » Thu May 17, 2018 9:08 pm

:lol: the food alone would lure me north for the winter.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby jpreou » Fri May 18, 2018 9:25 am

When we moved from Hamilton to Christchurch last year we realised how much 'stuff' we had and ruthlessly got rid of a load.
We were in a rental about 8 months and when we moved to our new home were amazed at how much more stuff we had accumulated in that short time, as well as how much 'stuff' (brought from Hamilton) we really didn't need after all since it had stayed boxed for 8 months and never used. Another clear out.
We're now in probably the largest house we have had so far and whaddayaknow ... 'coners' are filling up with, yep, 'stuff'.
Where does this sht come from? I make just about enough to pay the (oh so large) mortgage and the bills and whatnot; there's no spare cash, far from it; where is the stuff coming from; how is it getting here; who is paying for it; just what the hell is going on here?????!!!!!!! :)
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Postby Fozzer » Fri May 18, 2018 10:29 am

jpreou wrote:When we moved from Hamilton to Christchurch last year we realised how much 'stuff' we had and ruthlessly got rid of a load.
We were in a rental about 8 months and when we moved to our new home were amazed at how much more stuff we had accumulated in that short time, as well as how much 'stuff' (brought from Hamilton) we really didn't need after all since it had stayed boxed for 8 months and never used. Another clear out.
We're now in probably the largest house we have had so far and whaddayaknow ... 'coners' are filling up with, yep, 'stuff'.
Where does this sht come from? I make just about enough to pay the (oh so large) mortgage and the bills and whatnot; there's no spare cash, far from it; where is the stuff coming from; how is it getting here; who is paying for it; just what the hell is going on here?????!!!!!!! :)

... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

A wonderful read!... :lol: ...!

My really BIG problem is that I only ride a Motorcycle as my every-day transport, (for the past 68 years!), and when it comes to getting rid of Unwanted Stuff down to the local recycling plant/dump, if it won't fit into the rucksack on my back then it doesn't get transported and dumped/disposed of!

.....pianos, organs, and keyboards, etc, are really big things!.... :o ....!

All this in my large, 2 story, 3-bedroomed house, which I have lived in for the past 56+ years means that I have accumulated a massive building full of Stuff which I cant get rid of!

The only advantage is that I have loads of fun stuff to play with every day.......if I can find what I want!

My whole world is full of.....STUFF!

Paul... :lol: ... :lol: .... :lol: ....!
OnlineUser avatar
Fozzer

Return to Off Topic