Away on a train

A forum for everything else that does not fit into the other categories

Away on a train

Postby Splitpin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Heading over to Greymouth in the morning on the Tranz Alpine, with the old girls and partner.
Weather is meant to be 100% poo :ph43r:
Gale nor-westers in chc , which can only mean rain for the coast ... ahh well.
Having a night in Greymouth, and the train home again on Saturday.

Next week ( 20th and 21st) I'm driving them (just the three of us ...mumble wants to stay home ) down to Tekapo for 2 nights.
Day one will be CHC, Tekapo, Mt Cook, Tekapo .... next day Tekapo, CHC .

Then, in about 6 or 7 days, the mum in law jumps on a 787 and heads back to the land of the rising sun.

I have to be honest, she has been a treat ..... very, very limited English, but we have had a ball.
It's nice to see my partner with her mother, there was a little history there, that seems to have been fixed ... that's good.
And of course, the old dear is very impressed that her daughter has hooked up with a brain surgeon...... :P
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Away on a train

Postby toprob » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:12 pm

Good job, Marty. I know the weather will be a big factor, so I hope you get a good run -- this is an amazing couple of trips if you can see the views!
Down in South Canty it's 'variable' lately, but there are fine periods -- walking home from town, I sometimes get a beautiful clear view of the snowy alps. I would imagine that Tekapo would be magical at the moment.
I've always had a good rapport with mums-in-law -- I've kept all of them, even though their daughters are long-gone...

Have fun!
toprob
NZFF Pro

Re: Away on a train

Postby towerguy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:59 am

my wife ,her sister,and her mother have been down there for the last week and come back Tuesday. They did the train over and coming back the same way on Monday and fly home from Christchurch.
They've been "fossicking" on the beach for Greenstone and generally just watching the rain.

Then Thursday my wife and I have a week booked in Samoa to thaw out.
CPU- i7 4790K @4.0Gb Cooler- Noctua NH-D15 M/B- Z97 ProGamer P/S- 750W RAM- 16Gb
Graphics- Nvidia GTX970 16Gb Drives- 2x 120Gb SSD Samsung 850EVO, 1x 2Tb HD, 1x DVD-RW
Sound- on M/B Logitec 5.1 surround sound system OS- Win 10 pro , all wrapped in a black Corsair case Display - Panasonic UHD 4k 50" Flatscreen TV.( 3840x2160 Res)
towerguy
Sim-holic

Return to Off Topic