Airshow Ohakea Satruday

A place for 'real world' pilots and aviation enthusiasts to discuss their hobby

Airshow Ohakea Satruday

Postby Aviator 1 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Very good airshow the weather was good, shame the wind picked up later in the day. F-16 was amazing but unsaid like the girl on the news the aircraft never broke the sound barrier but sure
was allot more noise than the F-18. Even thou it was listed static shame the F-15s did not fly. The one thing that was a bit of a disappointment was lining up for quite some time to board the aircraft
to find out you could you not see the flight deck. The 767 was closed off, The C17 Globemaster III was closed. It was not till the airshow started you were unable to get near the A400 and no access to the flight deck. But seemed to be ok with the C130s. None of the personal would under orders take the photos for you either, but could not give a reason. I understand there were huge lines of people but still the C130s were happy. But apart from that they really put on a great show. If your going tomorrow your in for a treat. Now another five years to wait.
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Topic author

Re: Airshow Ohakea Satruday

Postby emfrat » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:10 pm

That's the sort of thing that should have been made clear before the event, or at the very least on the day by a sign at the access stair.
That said, it is not easy to move several hundred people through a plane, even with two access stairs for entry and exit to avoid conflicting traffic. And if each one wants to spend 5 mins taking pics of the flight deck, you have a very big logistics problem - I mean to say, 100 people x 5mins = 500 mins, or eight hours twenty min, and the show is only open 8 hours.
I don't think there were any security concerns, or secret contracts with payware developers - it is just practical management. I can think of a few solutions to improve things, but I wasn't running the show, and in any case I am retired. :sleepy:
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:15 pm

Always the way .. airshows have to much public , one go's in so do the others .. best to on a day no one else is around .. but ask permission B-)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Aviator 1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Topic author

Return to New Zealand Aviation