MSFS World Update 7 Australia in January 2022

Read and report on flightsim developers progress of upcoming or completed products

MSFS World Update 7 Australia in January 2022

Postby Radar88 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:11 pm

World Update 7 has been announced for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This will feature Australia currently being developed by their development partner surprise, surprise Australian based Orbx and will be released on the 25th of January.

In the Developer Q&A Twitch Series: November 17th, 2021 video, Jorg Neumann Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator responded to a question for World Update 7 Australia will it also include New Zealand.

@ time stamp 1:12:25 Jorg Neumann answered, that a deliberate choice was made not to include New Zealand in the January 2022 World Update 7 for Australia.

MSFS community manager, Jayne responded with a interesting, interesting comment, saying that you can make your own conclusions from that. With some vague we are not giving away too much info on NZ smiling giggles seen from the Asobo Team about the future plans for MSFS development in New Zealand.

Very interesting clues indeed, is seen in their avoidance reaction to the question, which leads to the suspicion that New Zealand may already be in the pipe-line target sights and will likely feature in separate planned World Update for 2022.

It's quite likely they maybe currently negotiating NZ DEM data from NZ sources and/or awaiting on some updated Bing Map imaging data for the New Zealand regional area.
Radar88
Forum Addict

Topic author

Re: MSFS World Update 7 Australia in January 2022

Postby Dash8captain » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:48 pm

I think you Mean Sim Update 8? we have had SU7 today
Dash8captain

Postby toprob » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:17 pm

I did see the stream, and it was certainly a clear indication that NZ was coming soon.

Dash8captain wrote:I think you Mean Sim Update 8? we have had SU7 today

Today was a Sim Update, Aus will be a World Update.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Radar88 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:46 pm

Dash8captain wrote:I think you Mean Sim Update 8? we have had SU7 today

I Mean the next World Update 7 is coming in January, if you watched the Developer Q & A video they announced the next World Update 7 is Australia.

Remember there are Two different types of MSFS Updates one is Core Sim Platform related known as SU and the other is a World Update providing Regional DEM and Bing Map Country Airport updates this is known as WU.

You are correct Sim Update 7 or SU 7 was released today.

The next Sim Update 8 will likely be out next Month or early January and will mostly be all about Bug smashing. That means Asobo are aware and are focusing on fixing a majority of the known Bugs that keep cropping up every time an Update is released. It sounds like old deep rooted millions upon millions of programming lines from the FSX days of coding is being investigated and found to be causing issues. This has been discussed in the last couple of MSFS Asobo Developer Q&A videos.

I suspect some of the old FSX coding is buried deep within MSFS and is still causing some of the Buggy issues and things will continue to break until the program line of bad coding is found hence the priority now facing Asobo to find the conflicting FSX coding as being continually experienced following an Update release such as today's Sim Update 7 that is being noticed by everyone globally as still having issues.

It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack situation, so everyone just needs to be patient with Asobo and wait for them to try and sort out instead of playing the direct blame game towards Asobo.

I would not be surprised to learn of a Hot Fix being announce sometime within the next 24 hours given the reports that I've seen filtering through.
Radar88
Forum Addict

Topic author

Return to Announcements