MSFS: Reno Air Races Collection

Read and report on flightsim developers progress of upcoming or completed products

MSFS: Reno Air Races Collection

Postby K5054NZ » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:30 am

Hi all,
I'm kinda surprised this hasn't popped up here!
Watch on youtube.com

As a Reno fan I found the level of detail on offer to be literally jawdropping. I need a new graphics card.
K5054NZ

Topic author

Re: MSFS: Reno Air Races Collection

Postby deaneb » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:55 pm

Yes they look very good. And we are getting the F-18 later this year too.
deaneb

Postby FlyingKiwi » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:29 pm

What really impresses me about this is that they have made the effort to model each cockpit individually. That gives me hope that the flight models will all be unique too. Very exciting! :thumbup:
FlyingKiwi

Postby Naki » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:28 pm

It appears that A2A are behind the Mustang and Lotus is behind the L-39 so this bodes well for some great models.
Naki
NZFF Pro

Postby K5054NZ » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Has anyone indulged? I've watched lots of videos and am still excited, but the thread at SOH has been a little deflating - weird prop textures (being fixed) and no laminar flow wing on the P-51A (not to mention the Merlin soundset of the Ds rather than the Allison of the A), the T-6 having a faster roll rate than the Mustang, some graphical issues. But loads of people are still enjoying it, the cockpits are drop-dead gorgeous, and the Pitts Specials are apparently the hidden gem of the package.

I just wish my graphics card would run MSFS. Currently hoping the in-laws follow past experience and get my wife and I a new Xbox for Christmas so I can just go down that route :D
K5054NZ

Topic author

Postby FlyingKiwi » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:55 pm

I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the whole package as most of my flying in FS tends to be more of the touring/exploring the scenery variety. But the Lotus L-39 back in FSX was one of the aircraft I made an exception for to just go and do random aerobatic and low level blasts in (Wanaka to Queenstown through the Cardrona Valley at low level is always fun) so I might just buy that part of it since the individual aircraft can be purchased separately.
FlyingKiwi

Postby K5054NZ » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:01 am

I can understand that Leo - I've been a Reno fan since childhood so this is great for me, unfortunately I can't run it.

Apparently the flight models are universal, which is disappointing but understandable as otherwise you'd have a field of Stregas and Voodoos!
K5054NZ

Topic author

Return to Announcements