After a much longer period of fine-tuning, changes and bug fixes than expected I now feel that AIAE.NET can be released.
To write this tool from scratch in another programming language was a great experience. I hope you are happy with the result.
I would especially like to thank Pete Bramley, Sean Galbraith, Steve Holland and Hartwig Ulrich for their thoroughness while testing and for the many great ideas they have brought into AIAE.NET. It was a pleasure to work with you!
AIAE.NET is available for download in the MAIW Download Center and at The Owl's Nest. It will be successively added to AVSim and FlightSim.com in the next weeks.
- Code: Select all
• application is self-updating via web
• application sending crash reports back to developer (hopefully you never see this)
• detection and support for FS9/FSX/FSX-SE/P3Dv1/P3Dv2/P3Dv3
• all fields in [fltsim.x] sections editable
• for all fields where it makes sense changes can be applied to all sections
• aircraft type changeable (normal, helicopter, AI)
• error checking for selected aircraft for:
o duplicate [fltsim.x] sections --> if duplicates found you can renumber sections
o duplicate titles --> if duplicates found you are asked to correct this
o [fltsim.x] sections numbered --> if sections like [fltsim.xxx] are found you can renumber sections
o [fltsim.x] sections in sequence --> if not true you can renumber sections
o defined models found
o defined textures found
o defined sim (*.air) files found
o duplicate non-[fltsim.x] sections
o duplicate [fltsim.x] keys
• renumbering of [fltsim.x] sections
• sorting keys in [fltsim.x] sections
• remove all comments from aircraft.cfg
• format aircraft.cfg and align all comments at the same column
• edit wing_span value (with parking spot size calculator)
• edit FS8/FS9 model size in model file
• edit keys of the [general] section
• edit the [exits] section (needed for finger operation)
• easy removal of non-AI relevant sections
• easy removal of non-essential unwanted [fltsim.x] keys
• model viewer integrated (thank you, Arno!)
• model viewer optionally in separate window (great if you have two screens)
• texture list for currently loaded aircraft with detailed per-texture analysis (resolution, bit depth, compression, mips)
• texture viewer in separate window
• option to define external texture editor
• backup aircraft.cfg before each change
• removal option for aircraft.cfg backups
• logging of all AIAE.NET operations
• optional tooltip help for every AIAE.NET element
Make sure you read the Manual (Help --> Open Manual). There are some know issues you should be aware of.
Please also make sure to check the acknowledgements so that you know which components from other authors I use in AIAE.NET.
And this is how it looks like: