MSFS Auckland Scenery Pack

Read and report on flightsim developers progress of upcoming or completed products

Re: MSFS Auckland Scenery Pack

Postby ardypilot » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:09 pm

zk_ncf wrote:
My hope is to finish the Sky Tower then turn my attention to Manukau CBD to complement the upcoming Flightbeam NZAA.

Cool to see what you are doing on facebook, do you know if the the Flightbeam NZWN and NZAA be compatible with FS2020?
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:54 pm

Version 1.0 has now been released, with a lot more detail. While it's great to see some enthusiasm for NZ scenery in the new sim, I won't be using this. I have three issues, first and most importantly there's no mention of licensing, and as Deane pointed out, this is ripped from Google Earth, and therefore can't be distributed. I'm sure we'll see a lot of this, and it probably won't worry a lot of people, but at some stage Google is going to react. They've done that before, with tools that grab aerial imagery.

Next issue I had was the download site kept opening popups, this is something I haven't seen for a long time, and I'd forgotten how annoying it is. As I wasn't sure where the popups had come from (they opened under my browser) I tested the download link a few times. At one point it did trigger a security warning, due to the content of the ad. So be careful.

And lastly is something which developers will need to start giving some thought to, how it sits within the Community folder. This creates 36 folders within the Community folder, when it should really only create one. I can just image what a mess this folder will become if a lot of addons use a single folder per model, rather than consolidating into one single folder. I guess this means that as they add objects, they'll also add folders. How many points of interest are there in Auckland? How will we know what to delete to uninstall stuff? (Although their folder naming is better than it could be.)

With people like Jack building their own models from scratch, we should see more and more NZ content with no distribution limitations. I'm aware that people are excited to believe that this new sim will represent a new distribution model, but this is really going back to the wild-west days of copywrite issues and piracy with FS2002/4. Of course technically there's nothing to stop anyone doing this, or downloading it, and it is not likely that if you do download it you'll get 'caught'.

I've been good lately not being the internet police, and I did think long and hard before posting this. Now I'll just let it sit here while I decide whether to press the submit button...
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby iwik » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:59 am

Tried this out but find cars are not using the bridge but driving on the water beneath it. Anyone getting this?
Thanks
Les
iwik

Postby waka172rg » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:08 am

https://flightsim.to

Above link has repaints and airport/scenery mods for msfs2020 new zealand.

Sounds Air paint, Auckland and Wellington mod from John and mount cook etc.
waka172rg
Sim-holic

Postby Charl » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:49 am

As I was saying... great to see familiar names from the past popping up.
Jon Murchison and James Eden doing NZ airport upgrades: well now...
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby iwik » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Thanks ,dev is aware of it. It can be fixed so one must wait.
iwik

Previous

Return to Announcements