FS2020 Release Date!

Read and report on flightsim developers progress of upcoming or completed products

Re: FS2020 Release Date!

Postby Kelvinr » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:07 pm

[quote="cowpatz"]That is a shocking rendition of Auckland.[/quote]

Glad it is not just me.
Kelvinr
Sim-holic

Postby emfrat » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:22 pm

I didn't get that far - as soon as the "musical accompaniment" started, I shut it down. :angry: :angry: :angry:
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby chopper_nut » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:25 am

How the hell has this guy 'flown' all of those aeroplanes???? Anyway, yeah the rendition of Auckland isn't great but I don't think it's any worse than anything we've seen before. They really need to hire a tree trimmer around some of these airports :blink: :blink:
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby FlyingKiwi » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:22 am

My initial reaction was wow that looks disappointing but on watching it again if the trees were smaller it wouldn't actually look too bad really and I'm sure there'll be mods/patches to fix that very quickly. The scenery looks so much more immersive than anything that's come before that I'm just looking forward to getting out and exploring the whole world, even if it's not perfectly accurate to real life. Way back in FS2002/2004 I used to love doing long exploration flights where I'd just pick a country or area of the globe and just visit a bunch of airfields in something low and slow and see what I could find over the course of a weekend or afternoon, however the appeal of that started to wear off as the old scenery engine started to increasingly show its limitations - there was only so many times you could land on the same generic runway that 90% of the airports had. In the end I just flew around NZ with the Orbx scenery and never really ventured anywhere else. Let's face it when we're starting to complain about things like the trees being too big or the snow being on the wrong side of a mountain we've got it pretty good really!
FlyingKiwi

Postby cowpatz » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:09 am

It's more than the trees. he whole layout is wrong. You would never guess it was an international airport from what Ive seen. Still I will wait see what happens after release. Hopefully Flightbeam aren't too far off with their NZAA scenery.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby jpreou » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:59 am

Splitpin wrote:Jeff , I may have misunderstood the term "intergrated"

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c04293944

You need to check in the mainboard manual and BIOS - it *may* be possible to add a plug-in graphics card and then free up the memory.
Or otherwise check around for a used 'gaming PC' that might be more cost effective
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Postby Splitpin » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:39 pm

Thanks Jeff, Ive been looking at couple at PB Tech ...will keep you posted, thanks again for your help.
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby Naki » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:40 pm

I've cancelled my order for the basic version and gone the full hog and ordered the Premium Deluxe.... I have high hopes with this sim after seeing all the videos etc...especially since I'm mainly a VFR flyer!
Naki
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby jpreou » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:16 am

I'm waiting on two things before I put my $$ down:
1) my hire and test of the HP Reverb G2
2) real-world usage on a wide scale post-release

The sim I can handle - the VR purchase will give my wife a hernia - so I need to 'plan' this carefully :)
Of course, I'll only go for it if the VR is up to my high expectations, and I hope it will be this time.
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Postby Kelvinr » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:29 am

A bit more NZ action starting at 19:20

https://youtu.be/UvnDHpvjndo
Kelvinr
Sim-holic

Postby toprob » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:12 pm

Kelvinr wrote:A bit more NZ action starting at 19:20

A good time to point out that this sim could really benefit from a custom NZCH...

Is that Forest Field (NZFF) where they do the take off/landings in the 747 and A320? Sad to think that Ian didn't get to see this.

The seamless multiplayer really is amazing, it is great to have another user 'drop in' for a moment when I was flying along the Auckland waterfront, before tearing off again, for instance. (Other users tend to fly faster aircraft than me, so don't hang around long.) And that's without setting anything up, you just share the skies with other simmers.

Jeff -- launch day will be interesting, that's for sure. It might be worthwhile considering the fact that we might not all get to fly straight away, just to avoid any disappointment. Will it bring the internet down? Maybe, maybe not.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Kelvinr » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:43 pm

[quote="toprob"][quote="Kelvinr"]A bit more NZ action starting at 19:20

[/quote]

A good time to point out that this sim could really benefit from a custom NZCH...

Is that Forest Field (NZFF) where they do the take off/landings in the 747 and A320? Sad to think that Ian didn't get to see this.

The seamless multiplayer really is amazing, it is great to have another user 'drop in' for a moment when I was flying along the Auckland waterfront, before tearing off again, for instance. (Other users tend to fly faster aircraft than me, so don't hang around long.) And that's without setting anything up, you just share the skies with other simmers.

Jeff -- launch day will be interesting, that's for sure. It might be worthwhile considering the fact that we might not all get to fly straight away, just to avoid any disappointment. Will it bring the internet down? Maybe, maybe not.[/quote]

I don't know where they were taking off from there but I'm simply loving the whole msfs2020 concept. It is indeed a pity that Ian won't be able to share in this milestone with the rest of us.
Kelvinr
Sim-holic

Postby waka172rg » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:47 pm

[/quote]
Is that Forest Field (NZFF) where they do the take off/landings in the 747 and A320? Sad to think that Ian didn't get to see this.[/quote]

Had to log in and say,..Oh rob how im really going to miss him here. Yes he would of been fizzing so to speak. Tis the first thing i thought of wen pre ordered. He would of been happy that the queen got airborne first!
waka172rg
Sim-holic

Previous

Return to Announcements