muti engine aircraft

The place to ask for help or solve each others technical issues and discuss hardware

muti engine aircraft

Postby Aviator 1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:00 pm

If you don't happen to have a throttle quadrant is there away on the mouse to operate all engines throttles so they all remain the same ?
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Topic author

Re: muti engine aircraft

Postby emfrat » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:07 pm

Some FSX cockpits are coded with individual 'sweet spots' on the ECU for each lever, with another one between the middle levers which lets you click-and-drag all four. Otherwise I think you will need to use keyboard F3 for incremental throttle, and F4 for instant full. That's as far as I remember. Sometimes my memory doesn't go quite far enough :o
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Aviator 1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:40 pm

Well I thought I had fixed the throttle problem by using the Saitek X52 throttle lever. Well seems like the simulator only wants to talk to the yoke or the throttle.
Then found my Orbix files don't seem to work in FSX steam.
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:25 pm

Looking at your other post, I suspect you are getting conflict between the FSX default settings and your better gear. I run tin box FSX Gold in Win7, with CH Yoke, Quad and pedals. Way back I had lots of similar hassles - Win7 did not seem to like hot-swapped USB stuff, which only made the causes harder to find. I finally got it doing what I want by:
1 - installing the licenced (payware) version of FSUIPC from https://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
2 - in FSX I disabled all their default joystick command assignments, and a few keyboard ones I did not want.
3 - used FSUIPC to map all my controllers to what I wanted. Didn't use the supplied CH software, after I found it seemed to be piggybacking on the FSX defaults.

The yoke has three axes which are covered by the quad, so I assign them to spoiler, water rudder, and something else which I forget. On the Quad, I have the rightmost switch assigned to UP ignition off, DOWN Ctrl+E, and the middle position is BOTH MAGS. Very handy for flying WW1 types.

Hope this helps
Mike
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Aviator 1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:13 pm

Thanks Mike, I will give it ago. I never use to have these kind of problems and if I did they were simple fixes which I have noted in the past but just no longer work. I am operating windows 7 and I was advised that if I use windows 10 things should run allot smoother. Sadly my pc is pretty old so maybe time for a upgrade. When I say pretty old its 12 years old so getting on.
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:19 pm

Avoid Win 10 like the plague !!
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Aviator 1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:03 pm

yes I agree with you there
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby jpreou » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:14 pm

I don't have a quad, but I do have a bunch of other bits connected via 2x powered USB hubs and all running on Win10 no problem .... embrace the change! :)
-- Jeff, Rolleston, NZ
P3Dv4.x and a bunch of add-on stuff... some 'global' products, but otherwise NZ-only
jpreou
Forum Addict

Postby Aviator 1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:00 pm

Yes I am not sure if there are some kind of conflictions, I have decided to changed to the latest P3D unless there about to release a newer vision very shortly ? Things just don't like to talk to each other. I cant install the drivers for them either because I keep getting this issue saying plug in USB device but the hardware is lit up ready to go. Currently using a Joystick so keeps me flying.
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby Sonnyj » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:22 pm

Just a thought, bit of a long shot I know, but...I had trouble with some USB stuff until I discovered that some hardware I was using only worked for USB 2. I had it plugged into USB 3 and the software /OS didn't recognise it.
Sonnyj
Sim-holic

Postby Aviator 1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm

it should not make a difference, but tried both.
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Topic author

Return to Technical Issues