TeamSpeak

The place to ask for help or solve each others technical issues and discuss hardware

TeamSpeak

Postby emfrat » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:44 pm

What is the current state of play with Teamspeak? I have uninstalled my older one, because it could not find the connection I had with Ian. If I try to upgrade, it gets to about 75% and then fails.
Does NZFF still have TS server installed?
MikeW
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: TeamSpeak

Postby Fozzer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:27 am

Does anyone still do "Multiplayer" with FS 2004 and FSX?

We used it constantly, every weekend, on Simviation, years ago!

It was always popular with FS 2002 and FS 2004, but the enthusiasm dropped out when FSX came out, due to MS insistence of using "Gamespy" instead of the much more common, and easier to connect, FS Host from Chocolate Software....>>>

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/

I've never used Teamspeak, much preferring to Type messages on-screen in the Game.
Although I have them, I could never get on with "Headsets".
I cough and splutter into the Microphone, and the Headphones make my ears hot.

Of course, the never-ending problem is with Time Zones all around the Flight Sim World!
Especially to and from England to the USA: Eastern Time, Central Time, Mountain Standard Time, and Pacific Time!
You/we have to make sure everyone is awake!
It was a lot of fun for many years, and I made many good friends through it!

Like everything else, it was a novelty at the time, and now Folks have got Mobile phones to play with, instead.

Its a shame, as I really looked forward to and enjoyed all the weekly meet-ups: Fly-ins, Air Shows, Tours, etc...!

Grand days....>>>

"I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die". (Blade Runner).

Paul..... ;) ....!
Fozzer

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:36 pm

emfrat wrote:What is the current state of play with Teamspeak? I have uninstalled my older one, because it could not find the connection I had with Ian. If I try to upgrade, it gets to about 75% and then fails.
Does NZFF still have TS server installed?
MikeW

Yes Teamspeak is still in operation but I don't know for how much longer as no one seems to be using it any more and costing about $45 a year so unless it is used more this might be the last year until August when it might not get renewed.
You can get a new download from https://www.teamspeak.com/en/downloads and the NZFF login is atl01.bargainvoice.com:7890.
When Ian was around there was about 3 or 4 of us using it all the time but since Ian has gone everyone seemed to have dropped out of using it.
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Thanks Doug - it worked for me a few times after Ian's passing but it started saying it couldn't find the server. I hadn't spoken to you because you were flat out autogenning, and I don't thnk it ever worked for Marty.
I will make a new install, and see how that goes.
ATB
Mike
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:27 pm

emfrat wrote: I don't thnk it ever worked for Marty.
ATB
Mike

Marty didn't want to use it both Ian and myself had installed it on his PC but he shied away from it the only time he ever used it was when he was at Ian's and I was talking to Ian and Ian would shove him on and Marty would :givein: to talk to me :lol:
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:14 pm

Fozzer wrote:I cough and splutter into the Microphone, and the Headphones make my ears hot.

I can relate to that, having spent a big part of my life as a stammerer. I find it hard to talk to people at the best of times, and not being able to see their faces makes it worse:)
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Fozzer wrote:I've never used Teamspeak, much preferring to Type messages on-screen in the Game.
Paul..... ;) ....!

I am just the opposite I hate typing much sooner talk that way my spelling is OK and people can understand what I am saying where as the way my spelling is I can't even read half of my own writing :P
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby Fozzer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Opposites again!.... :lol: ...!

Having spent most of my life on my own, (both Wives went somewhere, and all the Children have long since left the Nest), I now have great difficulty in talking/finding something to say!

On my Youtube Channel Motorcycle Posts, I have to/prefer to type everything in at the editing stage. Talking whilst I am riding along results in mostly silence!

The same with "Multiplayer". I preferred to type funny stuff to make folks laugh...especially with spelling mistakes...!!

...and its the same with these Forums....it gives me time to select exactly what I want to "say"...and my "Grammarly for Firefox" sorts out all my Typing errors for me!

Has anyone peeked at "FS Host Spy" to see who is on Multiplayer, and observe the various Servers address...free to use? ...>>> http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshostspy/

It worked well in the past!

..and for all we enthusiastic; "Typers".....>>> https://www.grammarly.com/

Paul...what did I just say?.... :huh: .... :lol: ....!

P.S....I love typing, using my full-size QWERTY keyboard, mouse, monitor and tower gaming computer.
Trying to type on a silly Tablet or silly Mobile Phone is impossible for me, and a definite no-no!

Busy re-typing; "War and Peace", by Leo Tolstoy...... :wink2: .... :wink2: ....!
Fozzer

Return to Technical Issues