Elevation Issue - NZMR with Orbx NZSI

The place to ask for help or solve each others technical issues and discuss hardware

Elevation Issue - NZMR with Orbx NZSI

Postby johnnycrockett » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi everyone. Not sure if this is the right place to ask but figure I would get a speedy response nonetheless. I have NZSI installed and recently also installed the freeware Vector Land Class Murchison freeware. After doing this the grass strip has sunk into a ditch due to elevation issues. I'm guessing there are some files which I will need to turn off to fix? If this is the case, do I turn off ORBX NZMR files or the VLC NZMR files? Thanks in advance.

johnnycrockett

Topic author

Re: Elevation Issue - NZMR with Orbx NZSI

Postby toprob » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:58 pm

This is the place, so welcome!
The Murchison installer should detect NZSI, and make the necessary changes, but if it doesn't, then you can do this yourself. This is from the manual:
To change between VLC and NZSI compatibility: You may wish to do this if you install NZSI at a later date, wish to revert to VLC after using NZSI, or select the wrong option when you first run the NZMR installer.
Unlike other Godzone/VLC scenery, there is no ‘switcher’ as the process is a lot simpler than other sceneries.
There are two files within the VLCGodzoneNZMR\Scenery folder which need to be changed. They are: NZMR_ADEX_GVF; and NZMR_ADEX_GVF_CVX ...although they will both have an extension depending on the current compatibility.
To set these for VLC/default compatibility: They should have a ‘.bgl’ extension — NZMR_ADEX_GVF.bgl NZMR_ADEX_GVF_CVX.bgl
For NZSI compatibility: They should have a ‘_DDS.bak’ extension — NZMR_ADEX_GVF_DDS.bak NZMR_ADEX_GVF_CVX_DDS.bak
OnlineUser avatar
toprob
NZFF Pro

Re: Elevation Issue - NZMR with Orbx NZSI

Postby johnnycrockett » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply. Yes that did the trick nicely. One of those 'read the manual' situations! Recently also purchased your Nelson airport...very happy!
johnnycrockett

Topic author

Return to Technical Issues