Your Opinions Please?

The place to ask for help or solve each others technical issues and discuss hardware

Postby ardypilot » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:48 pm

What do you think of this?

Is it worth forking out NZ $116 for?

At Flight Simulator Graphics Solutions (FS-GS) you will find a selection of services dedicated to Microsoft Flight Simulators. It is FS-GS's aim to provide help to home users, sim designers, graphics designers and corporations alike. Its purpose is to expand the users knowledge of the interaction between their machines, their flight simulators and their graphics software and hardware.

This process is known as System Unification.

It has been FS-GS's experience that by using this process they can enhance graphics cards and machines in such a way as to use the maximum potential of the simulator, increasing the flightsimmer's immersive experience and in many cases reducing the cost and even the need for expensive upgrades.

They guarantee that you will see better texture clarity and an increase in frame rates.

Forget the worry over your current hardware limitations, they will show you how to overcome all of that and run your sim and graphics programs to the max.

Whether you run Nvidia GeForce MX cards or the latest ATI Radeons, they can show you how to get the best results from each one.

Visit the official site: http://www.fs-gs.com/
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Codge » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:43 am

I've seriously consider this and I think with the problems you seem to be having it would be a good idea.I was thinking of getting hold of a video camera with sound and then employing this guy.Then I'd learn heaps and be able to watch the tape so I could apply the same advice to other systems.I know it's all specific for your setup but there will be plenty of stuff he'll say that will apply to every system.Also if you do a complete reinstall you'll know exactly what you did without having to pay them another $116.I think that's a good deal too for what you get,an average of 5 hours and ongoing support as long as you don't mess with the system without his 'pemission' which is fair enough.The way they go away and fully research your particular setup is great,I don't think you could ask for more.If you do decide to go ahead please put a good post up to let us know how it is,if you do what I'd like to and video it even better! The only reason I haven't done it yet is because I'm pretty happy with my sim.Still I can't help wonder if this guy could get it even better and I'm sure he could.I'm not made of money either and I'm still putting my own sim together with networking(a bit more money to hire him understandably)and I'm still playing with my registered FSUIPC settings and I want to get FS Wide and or Wide FS,(yes they are different things depending if you put the FS before or after the Wide)so I'm just not ready to hire him yet but I think I will when the time comes.Also with getting FSX and looking at yet another computer which would at least go into my 4th and last socket on my router.Then I will have 4 PC's running god knows how many monitors,I think I'll stop there,surely that would be a fairly impressive sim in anyones language.but you can then go for a 10 socket router to take 10 PC's! It just never ends doesn't it.If you look up Matthew Sheils,there's a link at Avsim,he is a trucking company owner in Aussie and has a full motion 747 he's building over 10 years,he's half way there in terms of years.It is mighty impressive.To date he has spent $300,000 on it and it doesn't say how much more he plans to spend! It really does look like it would give the proper commercial multi-million dollar sims a run for their money!(no pun intended,I mean literally)Point is where do you stop.I dont think you do unless you can,it seems like an out of control habit at times,some people have gambling or drugs or alcohol,and some us have an FS addiction,I think I might. I forsee attending some meeting one day where I say "Hello my name is Stephen and I'm an FS-aholic,I haven't taken a flight for a whole week now bla bla.
Last edited by Codge on Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 wrongs don't make a right but 2 Wrights made an aeroplane!
Codge
Forum Addict

Postby ardypilot » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:49 pm

After just purchasing a new video card, I don't think I will require this service now as my sim has increased by about 200% in smoothness :D

some us have an FS addiction

That would be me too... :lol:
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Jimmy » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:32 pm

If you look up Matthew Sheils,there's a link at Avsim,he is a trucking company owner in Aussie and has a full motion 747 he's building over 10 years,he's half way there in terms of years.It is mighty impressive.To date he has spent $300,000 on it and it doesn't say how much more he plans to spend!

last may there was a article in the press called "Virtual time in the air" , it mainly focused on this guy and kind of a review of a fight in his sim.
I didn't realy focus much on people like us with our single pc and monitor wich was dissapointing. but it was an intresting article anyhow. a shame the picture that went with was picture of fs2002's box and a realy bad screenshot, o well lol
Jimmy

Return to Technical Issues