Calling X-Plane 11 users: circling left on taxi

The place to ask for help or solve each others technical issues and discuss hardware

Calling X-Plane 11 users: circling left on taxi

Postby Gonebush » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:00 pm

For quite some time it seems, frustrated XP10 and 11 users have appealed for help to fix a problem with their aircraft circling left persistently when taxiing on even the earliest throttle movement. This despite full-right rudder. So far, I have not found the solution by my own efforts or on the Interweb.

Before I venture into detail, can anyone in the gloriously talented NZFF.org community throw some light on this issue? Other than ditching XP11, that is.

Thanks
Gonebush

Topic author

Re: Calling X-Plane 11 users: circling left on taxi

Postby emfrat » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:11 pm

I don't know how X-P goes about declaring an engine's lateral location, but I have seen several situations in FSX where the developer had declared both engines on a twin to be at 3m from the centreline on the starboard side, instead of one at 3 and the other at -3. Very easy cut/paste error to make. A simple typo on a single engine plane could give a correct visual model a power input halfway along the wing, which would produce the same effect.
I know the original X-Plane was very strong on flight dynamics, so maybe something like this is happening?

Hope this helps
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Gonebush » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 am

Well, that's an explanation I hadn't heard before, Emfrat. Thanks for taking the time to offer it. The taxiing-in-circles-problem afflicts single-engine aircraft too. Once off the ground, all XP aircraft perform normally.

I suspect that an add-on somewhere may be in conflict with XP11. So I'll have to remove them all then reinstall them one-by-one to check. My goodness, this was the sort of nonsense I had hoped to avoid by quitting FSX!
Gonebush

Topic author

Postby chopper_nut » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:37 pm

What aircraft are you trying to use and what version of XP? Earlier versions of XP11 had some ground handling issues, most of which seem to have been cured with 11.30 and up.
chopper_nut
NZFF Pro

Postby scaber » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Strange, mine always want to go to the right :huh:

A mate in England found that on his system the rudder trim was always resetting for each new flight and when he reset that everything was ok again so maybe that's worth a look.
|---------- Virtual Tour and Panoramic Photography ---------|
|-------------------- greg mckenzie, Christchurch -------------------|
scaber

Postby Gonebush » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:48 pm

Sorry, been away on work missions for quite a while.

Well, I lit up my X-Plane a few days ago. Without having adjusted anything, I found that my aircraft are performing normally. No screwing left on taxiing. I simply can't explain this. Long may this last, though I don't expect it too. I'll be back when I'm circling on the throttle again.
Gonebush

Topic author

Return to Technical Issues