4K Monitor FSX

The place to ask for help or solve each others technical issues and discuss hardware

4K Monitor FSX

Postby Goff_nznr » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:26 pm

My son has a new computer. GeForce GTX1060 Graphics Card 6GB - 32GB memory. He's thinking of buying a 4K 32-inch monitor.

Will 4K look too harsh for FSX? Will the high-def accentuate any slight defect of the scenery/aircraft asthetics ?
Goff_nznr
Forum Addict

Topic author

Re: 4K Monitor FSX

Postby Aviator 1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Goff_nznr wrote:My son has a new computer. GeForce GTX1060 Graphics Card 6GB - 32GB memory. He's thinking of buying a 4K 32-inch monitor.

Will 4K look too harsh for FSX? Will the high-def accentuate any slight defect of the scenery/aircraft asthetics ?

When your son purchased the computer do you know if the computer has built in 4K ? Most computers don't have 4K built in just for the reason the hardware is expense to buy.

4K is brilliant for video's, but I cant say the same for games. Do you know if FSX supports 4K ? I use to run FSX with on all ultra high and found that not everything was sharp as I hoped.

Other wise you can try it see if the sim supports it and your happy with the Graphics. If not just tone it down till its perfect. Failing that 4K though a big monitor its brilliant with videos.

Good luck
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Postby Goff_nznr » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:17 am

Thanks, Aviator. I naturally assumed FSX would work regardless of output, (e.g. UHD or 4k). My fear is that it may show up any 'glitches' or imperfect edges of scenery/aircraft.

Would be good to hear from anyone using it with 4k....in the meantime, more 'googling.'
Goff_nznr
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby Aviator 1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:26 pm

Goff_nznr wrote:Thanks, Aviator. I naturally assumed FSX would work regardless of output, (e.g. UHD or 4k). My fear is that it may show up any 'glitches' or imperfect edges of scenery/aircraft.

Would be good to hear from anyone using it with 4k....in the meantime, more 'googling.'

No problem, I now use P3D and with the Payware scenery and Aircraft. I find everything nice and sharp compared to the default FSX aircraft where you could see pixels and defects at Ultra high.
Not to say I still enjoy fsx and flying the missions which happens to lack in P3D.
Aviator 1
Sim-holic

Return to Technical Issues