VectorLandClass now Freeware

Information and support relating to this forthcoming New Zealand Vector Land Class addon.

VectorLandClass now Freeware

Postby Timmo » Tue May 02, 2017 5:47 pm

As posted on Facebook last night:
"Hi everyone, It's been a while since the last update but after much thought and because I'm simply not able to put aside the time to further develop or support VectorLandClass, the decision has been made to release the package as freeware. Hopefully this will ensure the work that was put into it and the great support it received from the NZ and international Flightsim community will allow more 'simmers' to view our beautiful country in all it's glory.
The original development was a time of great learning and really pushed the capabilities of the simulator software and hardware at the time. The fact that FSX can hold it's own so many years after release is testament to the foresight of the team at Aces and the flightsim community. There are some details to be worked out but soon I'll be moving the VLC download to the free area of the website where it will be hosted for the next year or so after which it will be uploaded to a flightsim file site. All user logins will be deleted when this is complete. I'm also considering the best way to share the source files in case anyone would like to continue VLC as a community project.
Thank you all for your support, there is some amazing talent around the place!.
Tim"

I really want to add that, in particular, the support from members of NZFF has been awesome to see- The screen-shot artists, developers and regulars have helped make NZ simming what it is and I thank you all for that. I'd also say that if there is demand, I'm happy to look into ways of making the source data for VLC available too...obviously that will require knowledge of the terrain SDK for the core VLC stuff but I've also got a heap of photos and files for various unfinished airfields around the place.

Cheers
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: VectorLandClass now Freeware

Postby NZ255 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:45 pm

Congrats Timmo! I still remember when you first released those amazing screenshots all those years ago!

I like I idea of making it open source...

Cheers,
Nick
Nick
NZ255
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Tue May 02, 2017 8:53 pm

Brilliant Tim, that will put a smile on the dial of many a Newbie to the New Zealand scenery scene B-)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby deeknow » Fri May 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Great stuff Timmo. Fabulous news for those who arent in a position to splash out on payware. :clap:
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby Sonnyj » Sat May 06, 2017 7:21 am

Thanks Timmo, Just to add I for one have been enjoying VLC for many years. :thumbup:
Sonnyj
Sim-holic

Return to Vector Land Class