VLC SI & NI Airfields Installation

Information and support relating to this forthcoming New Zealand Vector Land Class addon.

Re: VLC SI & NI Airfields Installation

Postby Ian Warren » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:32 am

Pato wrote:I get as much enjoyment trying to sort out my problems as I do flying,

Now that is the fun part, some people really just throw the toys outta the cot , the amount of times I have reinstalled FS what ever version is a new walk into really looking a exactly what you have .....

Now with so much photo real is incoming and being a part of some builds .... it adds to the appreciation to what we have got ... Hell's! , I still recall going back 15 years and one who stopped here said , what your going to do the entire country ... course I could not do it on my own , its on a roller coaster wide !
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Pato » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:17 pm

toprob wrote:
Pato wrote:I get as much enjoyment trying to sort out my problems as I do flying, and believe me I get plenty of problems. Can you suggest how I might fix the config program.?

Assume you are talking about the VLC configuration tool? Maybe post your VLCconfig log file here, plus your VLCconfig.config.xml file so I can make sure it is pointing to the right place.
I can find the VLCconfig log ok but can't seem to open and post the VLCconfig.xml file.? I know that you are busy so don't worry too much about it. It is only minor.
Pato
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby toprob » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Yeah, you probably won't have a viewer for an XML file, so you'd have to open it in notepad, maybe right-click, 'open with', notepad, or just start notepad, 'open' and navigate to it.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Pato » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Here goes;

VLCconfig Log
2016-11-23 09:59:52,869 INFO Cleanlines.VLC.VLCConfig.fmMain.LoadConfig - Started VlcConfig
2016-11-23 09:59:52,900 DEBUG Cleanlines.VLC.VLCConfig.fmMain.LoadConfig - VLCConfig
Version: 1.0.2.0
CLR Version: 2.0.50727
2016-11-23 09:59:52,932 INFO Cleanlines.VLC.VLCConfig.fmMain.LoadConfig - Attempting to read simPath from registry
2016-11-23 09:59:52,932 INFO Cleanlines.VLC.VLCConfig.fmMain.LoadConfig - RegKey: Software\\Microsoft\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator\\10.0
2016-11-23 09:59:52,932 INFO Cleanlines.VLC.VLCConfig.fmMain.LoadConfig - RegValue: AppPath
2016-11-23 09:59:52,932 INFO Cleanlines.VLC.VLCConfig.fmMain.LoadConfig - Set simPath: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<VLCConfig>
<!-- Version updated for the config tool update of April 2016 -->
<!-- defaultPath will only be used if:
lookupPathFromReg is false, or
The reg lookup fails for some reason- Note, as Lockheed Martin keeps changing their registry key and install location of Prepar3D, you can now change it in the config.xml.
If defaultPath is used is a bad value, the app will revert back to the registry lookup
-->
<!-- This should be the default values for FsxInstall -->
<!--<SimPath lookupFromReg="true" defaultPath="D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" version = "FSX-SE" regKey = "Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0\" regValue = "AppPath"/>-->
<SimPath lookupFromReg="true" defaultPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\" version = "FSX" regKey = "Software\\Microsoft\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator\\10.0" regValue = "AppPath"/>
<!--<SimPath lookupFromReg="true" defaultPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3" version = "P3D V3" regKey = "SOFTWARE\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v3" regValue = "AppPath"/>-->

<!-- Path to the config tool help file-->
<help helpFile="Help_VLC_ConfigurationTool.pdf"/>

<!-- activePath and inactivatePath directories are relative to the VLC app,
activePath is where scenery files are deployed when active, (eg. fsx\VectorLandClass\Scenery)
inactivePath is where they're moved to when not active (eg. fsx\VectorLandClass\Scenery\Inactive). -->
<ScenerySets activePath ="VectorLandClass\Scenery\" inactivePath="VectorLandClass\Scenery\Inactive">

<CustomLibraryObjects fileSpec="customLibrary_*.bgl"/>
<DefaultLibraryObjects fileSpec="StandardLibrary_*.bgl"/>
<AIShips fileSpec="TrafficBoats_NZ_VLC.bgl"/>
<AirstripsGPS fileSpec="VLC_GPSStrips_*.bgl"/>

<!-- can only be 3 sets, use to pos to specify which icon/pick list a set is associated with
1 = left most, 2 = centre, 3 = rightmost -->
<!-- roads -->
<ScenerySet name="Roads" pos="1">
<!-- Define the picklist options and associated parameters. The first option is the default -->
<Options>
<!-- fileSpec is relative to the VlcConfig path -->

<!-- Main roads only. This is the default.
The files we're using here are roads_main_*.bgl, but since we don't want these file to have the option of
being deactived leave this filespec blank!
-->
<Option label="MAJOR ROADS ONLY" fileSpec="" image=".\Images\Roads_main_sml.png">
This option will only show major roads in New Zealand making urban areas appear more dense. Load times will be better but framerates may be reduced as more autogen features will show in urban areas.
</Option>
<!-- Apply all roads files -->
<Option label="ALL ROADS ON" fileSpec="roads_all_*.bgl" image=".\Images\Roads_all_sml.png">
This option will show all roads and tracks in New Zealand, perfect for low level VFR. Load times may be slower with this option on but frame rates maybe better as less autogen is shown.
</Option>
</Options>
</ScenerySet>

<!-- lights -->
<ScenerySet name="Lights" pos="2">
<Options>
<!-- Apply all lights files -->
<Option label="ALL LIGHTS" fileSpec="lights_urban_*.bgl;lights_mway_*.bgl" image=".\Images\Lights_all_sml.png">
This option will show all lights (motorway and major urban). Load times will be slower and frame rates may be heavily reduced with this option turned on.
</Option>
<!-- Urban lights only -->
<Option label="MAIN LIGHTS ONLY" fileSpec="lights_urban_*.bgl" image=".\Images\Lights_main_Sml.png">
This option will only show the motorway lights. This option gives the best of both worlds for those with mid range systems.
</Option>
<!-- No lights files -->
<Option label="NO LIGHTS" fileSpec="" image=".\Images\Lights_none_sml.png">
This option will turn off all night lights. People with slower machines or those who want maximum performance should choose this option.
</Option>
</Options>
</ScenerySet>

<!-- streams -->
<ScenerySet name="Streams" pos="3">
<Options>
<!-- All stream files -->
<Option label="MINOR STREAMS ON" fileSpec="streams_*.bgl" image=".\Images\Streams_on_sml.png">
This option adds minor streams to compliment the larger water features, perfect for low level VFR and helicopter operations. Load times may be slower with this option on.
</Option>
<!-- No streams files -->
<Option label="MINOR STREAMS OFF" fileSpec="" image=".\Images\Streams_off_sml.png">
This option removes minor streams leaving only larger water features.
</Option>
</Options>
</ScenerySet>

<!-- Shelterbelts -->
<ScenerySet name="ShelterBelts" pos="4">
<Options>
<!-- All shelterbelt files -->
<Option label="SHELTERBELTS ON" fileSpec="cvx_ShelterBelts_*.bgl" image=".\Images\Shelterbelts_on_sml.png">
When set to 'On' this option shows minor strips of trees (shelterbelts) which can be useful for visual navigation.
</Option>
<!-- No shelterbelt files -->
<Option label="SHELTERBELTS OFF" fileSpec="" image=".\Images\Shelterbelts_off_sml.png">
When set to 'Off' this option hides minor strips of trees (shelterbelts) which can improve appearence.
</Option>
</Options>
</ScenerySet>
</ScenerySets>

<!--
Define the Textures, these are all sourced from a single directory, and one or more filespecs are used to define them.

inactivepath is relative to VlcConfig app (eg. fsx\VectorLandClass\Texture\Inactive)
activePath is relative to Fsx (eg. fsx\Scenery\Global\texture).

When apply is clicked:
If the texture checkbox is ticked all texture files in the path (*.dds) will be moved to active path.
If unticked, any files in the active path with same as as a file in the vlc texture path will be moved to the inactive path.
-->
<Textures
fileSpec="texture1.dds;veg_tropical1.dds"
activePath ="Scenery\Global\Texture\"
simRestorePath= "Scenery\Global\Texture\VLC_BAK\"
vlcRestorePath="Texture\Inactive\"/>

<!-- Not really for users to play with. Allows complete control over logging if you know what you're
doing. If it is deleted, logging will revert to a config hardcoded into the application. -->
<log4net>
<appender name="FileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender">
<file value="vlcconfig.log" />
<appendToFile value="false" />
<lockingModel type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender+MinimalLock" />
<layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
<conversionPattern value="%d %-5p %c.%M - %m%n" />
</layout>
</appender>

<root>
<level value="DEBUG" />
<appender-ref ref="FileAppender" />
</root>
</log4net>

</VLCConfig>
Pato
Forum Addict

Topic author

Postby Pato » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:45 pm

The problem with the Configuration Tool has been resolved.

EDIT. Spoke too soon. I still cannot APPLY changes.
Pato
Forum Addict

Topic author

Previous

Return to Vector Land Class