VLC AI Shipping problem [Solved]

Information and support relating to this forthcoming New Zealand Vector Land Class addon.

Postby zk2704 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:52 pm

I seem to have a problem whenever I fly around the Cook Strait, I had installed the VLC AI Shipping package and added it to the Scenery Library and I don't see any Interislander Ferries, but just FSX default boats, I tried renaming the trafficBoats.bgl to trafficBoats.bak, but that didn't work either, I also put the traffic bgl of the VLC AI Shipping into the Scenery/World/Scenery folder as well, but that didn't work either. Any help is appreciated.

Zain.
Last edited by zk2704 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Zain
Formerly FSX now gone P3D and gone VATSIM. VATSIM TMA Controller (S3) with VATSIM New Zealand and a Twitch Streamer.

Instagram: www.instagram.com/zkaviator
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/zkaviator

zk2704
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby omitchell » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:22 pm

I'm going to assume (Since you didn't mention any) That you are NOT getting an error message such as unable to locate scenery.xxx so not to sure what to suggest. I have the AI ships working fine with ORBX (Not VLC) with the exception of the Interislander doing some funky s**t by parking on top of the terminal at Picton (Like two whales ungracefully mating), apart from that they show up just fine.
Founder and Former CEO of VANZ

"You land a million planes safely, then you have one little mid-air
and you never hear the end of it."
Air Traffic Controller, New York TRACON
Westbury, L.I
omitchell

Postby emfrat » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:41 am

zk2704 wrote:
QUOTE (zk2704 @ Oct 2 2014,3:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I seem to have a problem whenever I fly around the Cook Strait, I had installed the VLC AI Shipping package and added it to the Scenery Library and I don't see any Interislander Ferries, but just FSX default boats, I tried renaming the trafficBoats.bgl to trafficBoats.bak, but that didn't work either, I also put the traffic bgl of the VLC AI Shipping into the Scenery/World/Scenery folder as well, but that didn't work either. Any help is appreciated.

Zain.

My memory is telling me the 'ships and ferries' traffic slider has to be at 55% or more, but I can't track down the reference. I have mine at 55%, and I see the ferries OK. I would not have it set so high unless I had to.

Hope this helps.
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby zk2704 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:43 am

emfrat wrote:
QUOTE (emfrat @ Oct 3 2014,11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My memory is telling me the 'ships and ferries' traffic slider has to be at 55% or more, but I can't track down the reference. I have mine at 55%, and I see the ferries OK. I would not have it set so high unless I had to.

Hope this helps.

BTW in my FSX settings, I have all my traffic sliders even ships & ferries set to max (100%), so Ill give the 55% a try.
- Zain
Formerly FSX now gone P3D and gone VATSIM. VATSIM TMA Controller (S3) with VATSIM New Zealand and a Twitch Streamer.

zk2704
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:51 am

zk2704 wrote:
QUOTE (zk2704 @ Oct 3 2014,8:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW in my FSX settings, I have all my traffic sliders even ships & ferries set to max (100%), so Ill give the 55% a try.

Found it, in this thread:
http://nzff.org/forum/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=8315503
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby zk2704 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:54 am

emfrat wrote:
QUOTE (emfrat @ Oct 3 2014,11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I looked at that fella before, it says the minimums for the ships to appear. So ok I am lowering the ships and ferries slider to 55%.
- Zain

zk2704
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby zk2704 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:42 pm

But that did not work, BTW one thing, I don't have RealNZ Supercity and Nelson, is this causing the issue? Because setting the ships and ferries to 55% did not work for me. It's a rare problem that I have.
Last edited by zk2704 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Zain

zk2704
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:24 pm

If you have VLC installed, you should have a VLC config tool shortcut on your Desktop. The latest version has switches to activate the farmstrips, and the AI boats. The upgrade is a free patch from here:
http://www.vectorlandclass.co.nz/index.php...temporary-fixes.

It might be best to undo the changes you have made, then delete the VLC_AI shipping scenery from the Scenery Library, before removing the scenery from your FSX\Addon Scenery fplder, then make a fresh install letting the installer do its thing, which is to install the program and update the Scenery Library. Manual Installation is a wise precaution with stuff from an unknown developer, until you know they can be trusted, but Timmo and Rob know what they are doing.
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby zk2704 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:12 pm

emfrat wrote:
QUOTE (emfrat @ Oct 3 2014,6:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have VLC installed, you should have a VLC config tool shortcut on your Desktop. The latest version has switches to activate the farmstrips, and the AI boats. The upgrade is a free patch from here:
http://www.vectorlandclass.co.nz/index.php...temporary-fixes.

It might be best to undo the changes you have made, then delete the VLC_AI shipping scenery from the Scenery Library, before removing the scenery from your FSX\Addon Scenery fplder, then make a fresh install letting the installer do its thing, which is to install the program and update the Scenery Library. Manual Installation is a wise precaution with stuff from an unknown developer, until you know they can be trusted, but Timmo and Rob know what they are doing.

Mike, I have VLC installed and have the AI shipping activated in my config, I tried reinstalling the package a few times before like how you mentioned it in your post, but that didn't work. I am so friggen bloody annoyed and frustrated at this blimmin problem angry.gif
- Zain

zk2704
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby omitchell » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:56 am

zk2704 wrote:
QUOTE (zk2704 @ Oct 4 2014,12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mike, I have VLC installed and have the AI shipping activated in my config, I tried reinstalling the package a few times before like how you mentioned it in your post, but that didn't work. I am so friggen bloody annoyed and frustrated at this blimmin problem angry.gif

I'm gonna go out on a tangent here, but try and fly at a time that the ferries are supposed to be sailing (Then add 30 mins). Go to the Interislander/Bluebridge site and find a time then fly accordingly. It could be a wild possibility you are just missing the times? I'm only suggesting this since everything else seems to be failing. If they are still not showing at all then, I would suggest something else you have installed is corrupting the AI file or interrupting it in some way causing it not to show...
Last edited by omitchell on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder and Former CEO of VANZ

"You land a million planes safely, then you have one little mid-air
and you never hear the end of it."
Air Traffic Controller, New York TRACON
Westbury, L.I
omitchell

Postby toprob » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:10 am

I seem to remember that if you had any FS2004-style traffic plans of any sort in FSX, it would disable FSX flightsplans, I wonder if that's is going on here. Check your Traffic files and make sure that there's nothing pre-FSX active.
Last edited by toprob on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby zk2704 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:41 am

omitchell wrote:
QUOTE (omitchell @ Oct 4 2014,1:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm gonna go out on a tangent here, but try and fly at a time that the ferries are supposed to be sailing (Then add 30 mins). Go to the Interislander/Bluebridge site and find a time then fly accordingly. It could be a wild possibility you are just missing the times? I'm only suggesting this since everything else seems to be failing. If they are still not showing at all then, I would suggest something else you have installed is corrupting the AI file or interrupting it in some way causing it not to show...

All the times which IRL the ferries depart, however they do not show up all the time, even every 30 mins and they don't also show up at both ends at Wellington and Picton.

toprob wrote:
QUOTE (toprob @ Oct 4 2014,10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I seem to remember that if you had any FS2004-style traffic plans of any sort in FSX, it would disable FSX flightsplans, I wonder if that's is going on here. Check your Traffic files and make sure that there's nothing pre-FSX active.

I have WOAI traffic and somehow, they were compiled in FS9 format, back then Christmas 2011, I had installed my first ever WOAI package and somehow all my FSX default planes had been disabled. THEN around at some remote airports like NZNV (Invercargill), I somehow see about 1-2 default planes like the default CRJ700 and props like the Beech King Air, Cessna Caravans and Skyhawks etc. Then around Winter 2012, I have compiled my first AIG flightplan using AIFP in FS9 format. I see now, My Flightplans by WOAI, GNZLAP and AIG were all made in FS9 format!
- Zain

zk2704
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 am

Well done Rob!

Zain-
To convert your AI Aircraft plans you need AIFP from here:
http://www.owlsnest.eu/aifp.php

This morning I installed AIBTC to get a look at the VLC_AI Shipping plans - AIFP doesn't do Boats.
http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/boat/

I had to install 32-bit Java because the AIBTC tool doesn't recognise 64-bit Java, so now I have both. Looking at the times in the actual VLC plans (which are GMT/UTC), and adding 12hrs to get local NZ times there seems to be a window between 1400 and 1745 when all three ferries are at sea.
Last edited by emfrat on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby zk2704 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:15 am

I already have AIFP installed on my laptop, but will give AIBTC a try.

EDIT: at leat I have a 32bit laptop! biggrin.gif
Last edited by zk2704 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Zain

zk2704
Sim-holic

Topic author

Return to Vector Land Class