VectorLandClass patch from v1.01 to v1.02

Information and support relating to this forthcoming New Zealand Vector Land Class addon.

VectorLandClass patch from v1.01 to v1.02

Postby Timmo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:52 pm

The patch to upload your copy of VectorLandClass from v1.01 to v1.02 is now live on the website. Go here to get it Patch download page
The patch includes:

Vector Land Class patch updater -- updates Vector Land Class from 1.01 to 1.02

The patch includes changes or additions to:
All VectorLandClass tiles- Misc tweaks to data; inclusion of more smaller settlements on the west coast; change to landclass definition for native bush to allow better blending in alpine areas; separation of shelterbelts and airstrips from main landclass data to allow switching via the config tool, addition of new landclass definitions for sparse towns.
Addition of small area of photoreal at Cape Reinga to match the lighthouse model.
All 'Base' data tiles- Main features include: miscellaneous edits to roads, addition of new waterways around Whitianga to match aerial photography
Default object libraries- Changed default huts to a custom model based on the Tasman saddle hut in some alpine regions
Custom object libraries- Addition of Cape Reinga light house
Light effects- changed to FX controllers for more consistent display of street and motorway lights, swapped effects between street and motorway to correct colour differences.
Line textures- addition of custom dirt road and asphalt road textures

Population density file- tweaked to show more boat traffic on lakes
VLC Configuration tool- Updated config tool to allow additional control of shelterbelts, airstrips and AI Shipping.
Digital Terrain Model (DTM)- No changes from 1.01

Requirements:
As this is a patch, it requires a working installation of Vector Land Class v1.01. If it is unable to find a valid installation, it will quit with a warning. If you have changed your installation of Vector Land Class without using the VLC Configuration Tool since it was last installed, you may find that your installation will not proceed. This may happen if you have restored Vector Land Class from an archive after reinstalling FSX, or if you have shifted the scenery folders after they were installed.

In either case, you may have to reinstall Vector Land Class from the original download or CD installer, then apply the patch.
As it is designed to update existing files only, it will skip any missing files, so if you have deleted or renamed any scenery files within VectorLandClass or the VectorLandClass_DTM folders, you may need to reinstall from the original download or CD installer.
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby AdrianPetford » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:38 am

Timmo wrote:
QUOTE (Timmo @ Dec 22 2013,7:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The patch to upload your copy of VectorLandClass from v1.01 to v1.02 is now live on the website. Go here to get it Patch download page

Thanks Tim, good work. It's looking great with FTX Global textures and thanks for including the Cape Reinga lighthouse and instructions for P3D.

Two questions - as AI shipping is included, do I still need to install the standalone VLC AI Shipping package? Also what default textures and models are altered in this version?

Cheers,

Ade
Adrian Petford
West Midlands, UK

I spend eleven months of the year in the UK and one in NZ. I'm hoping to improve that... ;-)
AdrianPetford
Sim-holic

Postby Timmo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:17 am

Hi Adrian
- Robin also has the installer code for a dual install for P3D so there will be another release of the config tool for that- In the mean time, changing the path in the config.xml to point to Prepar3D works, as you've discovered smile.gif

AI shipping isn't included in the VLC install or patch, it's still a separate download but the config tool can now control it. If you haven't installed that AI ships, the box in the config tool will appear grayed out.

There are two new models, the Cape Reinga lighthouse and the Alpine huts which have replaced the standard items around Mount Cook. The textures include a shift from the landclass definition for native bush (the actual texture is the same) and addition of a sparse town texture (which is the default texture with some seasonal variations changed)

Cheers smile.gif
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby AdrianPetford » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:46 am

Thanks Tim.

I've spent the afternoon flying with the new version and everything's working well in P3D2. I really like the enhancements, especially the Cape Reinga lighthouse which I've wanted to see in an NZ package ever since I started with FS2000 over a decade ago.

Cheers! thumbup1.gif clapping.gif
Last edited by AdrianPetford on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian Petford
West Midlands, UK

I spend eleven months of the year in the UK and one in NZ. I'm hoping to improve that... ;-)
AdrianPetford
Sim-holic

Postby ZK-LGD » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:14 am

Many, many thanks, Timmo.
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Postby Chairman » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi Tim

I've just fired up fsx again after a few months off so I'm not quite sure exactly what I have installed - is there an easy way to check what version of VLC I have loaded ?

In my downloads folder I have VLCSetup.exe and VLC101Install.zip which are both timestamped 18 Dec 2010 so I guess I downloaded VLC then 10 minutes later the 101 patch, which I may or may not have installed ... I just got down the 102 patch which said the reported version was 1.0 while it wanted 1.01, so I tried running the 1.01 patcher which said it didn't much fancy reinstalling over the top of an existing install.

Or would it be simplest if I just removed it then reinstalled 1.0 then 1.01 then 1.02 ?

Cheers
Gary
The above post is in the public domain and is guaranteed by the manufacturer to contain no references to anything illegal or discussion of piracy, although this signature may contain traces of nuts.
Chairman
Sim-holic

Postby toprob » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:46 pm

VLC101Install.zip is the full install of 1.01. (The patch was called VLC101Patch.zip).

VLCSetup.exe would have been extracted from either the original installer, or the 1.01 installer. I'd delete it and run the VLCSetup.exe from the ZIP file.

If you have the full 1.01 install, then either this was the current version when you bought it, or you have redownloaded it since -- at some point the original install + patch were removed from the Store and replaced by the fully patched installer, so anyone who requests a download (via my Store, I'm talking about) are served the VLC101Install.zip now, rather than the two files which made up the original plus the patch.

You could uninstall VLC and then run the 1.01 installer from the ZIP. Or you could just run the installer and ignore the warning -- unless you have manually changed any files within VLC. The installer is designed so that it won't do anything to mess up a previous install, but it won't check for manual changes.

If the 1.02 patch then reports version 1.0, then get back to me, you might need to redownload.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Chairman » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:49 pm

I certainly haven't changed anything so whatever it is it's completely vanilla - I'll try throwing caution to the winds and recklessly run VLCSetup from the 101 zip again, then patch it, with live commentary laugh.gif if nothing else it'll give you a look at how a scenery noob thinks while they're installing it smile.gif

101 zip opened, and installer double clicked from inside the zip
Warning disregarded, and it's telling me now that it's about to install 1.0.
Nothing in the EULA about versions (what, I can't install it on the notebook as well ?) so I'll tick the activate box and full speed ahead
Progress bar is telling me how far through installing 1.0 it is
1.0 has been installed !
configuration tool told to do evething and APPLY whjle I read the pdf
pdf read from The to better. and no version number spotted.
config tool is still sitting there looking exactly the same with the apply button pressed and green, has it done anything ? Hmm, it's had ages, I'll just exit and close the pdf
guess I should fire up fsx to bed that in properly before I patch it
oooh there's a scenery thing in here isn't there, nothing that says scenery, wonder if it's in settings ?
I should check the pdf again
Strewth, this is nothing like the one I just got shown !
aha, settings then scenery library, umm, there's the bugger, in slots 3,4,5,6. Looks reasonable.
Load a cold and dark Air Canada 767 at friday harbour (it never gets old) then exit.
Open the 102 zip and run the installer
Still got the message about it finding 1.0 not 1.01
run it anyway
Progress ! This installer said it was installing 1.02, but I did see a couple of "copy failed" in the window
running the config toll - this says it's version 1.2 !
hit apply and then straight away exit
run fsx again
looks like it worked, will load up something somewhere rural and go look for some shelterbelts

smile.gif
The above post is in the public domain and is guaranteed by the manufacturer to contain no references to anything illegal or discussion of piracy, although this signature may contain traces of nuts.
Chairman
Sim-holic

Postby rayclyde » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:46 am

Timmo

Ref VLC1.02 patch: Each time I try to connect to the patch link I get Unable connect MySQL. Can you help please

Clyde Williams
LEVIN
rayclyde
Forum Addict

Postby rayclyde » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:33 am

Open now. Got it thanks

Clyde Williams
LEVIN
rayclyde
Forum Addict

Return to Vector Land Class