Bugs, Issues And Annoyances

Information and support relating to this forthcoming New Zealand Vector Land Class addon.

Postby Adamski » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:02 pm

toprob wrote:
QUOTE (toprob @ Feb 14 2011, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does a reboot fix this, or is it like that all the time?

Is it OK to talk about this in this thread or do we need to take it somewhere more appropriate?

I've actually had this problem for a *long* time (so it's certainly survived numerous reboots). It's only been a minor irritaion, as generally NZWN works well and is a joy to look at.

I do have a fair few problems with old(er) or even default FSX scenery as I'm running in DX10 preview mode and, quite often, textures just don't exist. This is certainly true for NZWN and NZAA for times of the day other than daytime.

This looks like some sort of an elevation mismatch though - but then I don't really know what I'm talking about winkyy.gif
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Adamski wrote:
QUOTE (Adamski @ Feb 14 2011, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it OK to talk about this in this thread or do we need to take it somewhere more appropriate?

I've actually had this problem for a *long* time (so it's certainly survived numerous reboots). It's only been a minor irritaion, as generally NZWN works well and is a joy to look at.

I do have a fair few problems with old(er) or even default FSX scenery as I'm running in DX10 preview mode and, quite often, textures just don't exist. This is certainly true for NZWN and NZAA for times of the day other than daytime.

This looks like some sort of an elevation mismatch though - but then I don't really know what I'm talking about ;)

I guess it can stay here until we find a home for it...
I'm not really aware of any way to affect the elevation of autogen using any of the normal elevation tools such as mesh/flatten etc. Generally this sort of thing crops up on overloaded systems, so I'd try reducing your settings a bit and see what happens.
A quick googlebrought up this on Avsim. No solution, but a bit of a discussion on what could help.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Adamski » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:18 pm

toprob wrote:
QUOTE (toprob @ Feb 14 2011, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess it can stay here until we find a home for it...
I'm not really aware of any way to affect the elevation of autogen using any of the normal elevation tools such as mesh/flatten etc. Generally this sort of thing crops up on overloaded systems, so I'd try reducing your settings a bit and see what happens.
A quick googlebrought up this on Avsim. No solution, but a bit of a discussion on what could help.

Rob, you're 100% on the nail (thanks). If I make NZWN my default start (with say the MS Trike), then all is hunky-dory. I often have NZWN as my *destination*, so probably have memory related issues by the time I get there ... particularly for workload-intensive aircraft (like the A2A Spitfire).

Funnily enough, I'd already done an intense Google search for this issue, but I certainly never saw that Avsim thread (thanks).

It's possible that NZWN is a bit heavy (CPU-wise) and with VLC on top of that, it's pushed my mediocre system past its limits.
Last edited by Adamski on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby Timmo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:50 am

Yeah it seems to be a general FSX bug- I remember getting when I was doing the Whakatane fly through videos in 2008
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby AdrianPetford » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:33 am

Hi Timmo,

Just flying through to say thanks for your very quick reply re: the config tool not changing an autogen texture and the XML fix for it. I haven't been able to try it yet as I'm just out of hospital convalescing after a hernia operation so can't reach my FS PC yet, but I'll let you know how I get on once I can!

Keep up the good work,

Ade
Adrian Petford
West Midlands, UK

I spend eleven months of the year in the UK and one in NZ. I'm hoping to improve that... ;-)
AdrianPetford
Sim-holic

Postby chopper_nut » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:55 am

Took the plunge and bought it. Just wondering if this is what its supposed to look like with the snow lines.
chopper_nut

Postby toprob » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 am

chopper_nut wrote:
QUOTE (chopper_nut @ Feb 16 2011, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Took the plunge and bought it. Just wondering if this is what its supposed to look like with the snow lines.

You should really deactivate your addon textures to get the best out of VLC.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby ZK-MAT » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Hiya

I have just installed FSX on a new laptop supplied by work, it runs better than my antiquated desktop! Anyhow I get the following error message when trying to run the VLC config tool:

The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application

Any thoughts? Running VLC plus the patch. Haven't tried a reinstall of VLC yet.

Edit: After typing out the message then Googling it I am trying a reinstall of the .Net framework which may have relevance....
Last edited by ZK-MAT on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZK-MAT

Postby Adamski » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:20 pm

ZK-MAT wrote:
QUOTE (ZK-MAT @ Apr 5 2011,8:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have just installed FSX on a new laptop supplied by work, it runs better than my antiquated desktop! Anyhow I get the following error message when trying to run the VLC config tool:

The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application

Any thoughts? Running VLC plus the patch. Haven't tried a reinstall of VLC yet.

Also, check you have the latest VLC. The config tool did have a few issues at first, I think.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby ZK-MAT » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Ok thanks - I think I do, it installed on my old PC ok. WIll see how this Net thing goes first smile.gif
ZK-MAT

Postby Timmo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:19 am

It should be that but let me know how you get on smile.gif
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby ZK-MAT » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi there

I had a bit of a rough time last night but got there in the end. It was the .Net Architecture - or lack of - on the laptop. Getting it installed was a mission. FWIW here is what happened. The laptop is an HP Probook i3, not the latest by any stretch but better than what I had before.

.Net vers 4 is the latest, but the installer just would not download the files. I tried 3 times over an hour with no result, the small install file runs but it doesn't download the files it needs to update dot Net. I had an older version 2 installer on a back up machine so I installed that and it worked, the config tool ran, but then when I tried adjusting graphics the graphics card complained that I needed at least dot net vers 3 (but it didn't have it before??).

So I then found vers 3 and installed that and the graphics played nice but the VLC config tool didn't run. Sigh. I then found the vers 3.5 dot net fix patch online (raw file not the installer) and installed that and all works fine now.

Now to sort out why it's jaggy, even after changing the config to allow widescreen and trying all AA options.... baby steps but I'll get there and I will be able to fly when sitting in motel rooms anywhere in the country smile.gif Have to remember to pack my joystick though!
ZK-MAT

Postby Adamski » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:22 pm

I feel your pain! I've had a devil of a time with .NET in the past. Each time I see an auto-installer "upgrading" .NET, I shudder and cross fingers.

I remember all the hoo-hah about integrated browser/explorer functions in Windows being such a bad thing. .NET is just the same ... but worse. None of these "upgrades" ever seem to remove the old versions, so goodness knows what a mess I really have on my PC.

Most applications that I have that seem to rely on .NET for some reason or other have been a bit flakey ... some actually requiring an *older* version. Grrrrr.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby Rotordude » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:45 pm

Anyone else have a sunken Waihi?? I have the VLC patchs up to date.

Regards always
Pete
Rotordude
Sim-holic

Postby Timmo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:14 am

I'll check this and get back to you Rotordude smile.gif Were you meaning Waihi Beach (I don't remember ever seeing an airfield at Waihi itself?) If so, I have aerial imagery and reference photos for the small strip at Waihi beach...just need to find time to model it (as always! Sigh)
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby bobby48w » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:42 am

Rotordude wrote:
QUOTE (Rotordude @ Jul 10 2011,10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else have a sunken Waihi?? I have the VLC patchs up to date.

Yep, I have the same problem at Waihi Beach.
bobby48w

Postby zkcav » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Hi Timmo

Just tried out NZRU with some interesting results

Thought it might have been something to do with winter textures so tried summer:

It looks like an afcad problem so I've done a search on both NZRU and waiouru and there is only NZRU ADEX VLC.BLG and NZRU_ADX_VLC_CVX.bgl in the FSX folder

I did have Mike's WaiouruX Package, but I've removed that.

I have no other meshes for NZ running.

Any ideas?

* EDIT* Sorry to waste your time I've got it sorted out now. I did a reinstallation and that soved the problem huh.gif
Last edited by zkcav on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Takeoff's are optional. Landings are mandatory.
zkcav
Forum Addict

Postby Rotordude » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:46 am

Timmo wrote:
QUOTE (Timmo @ Jul 11 2011,6:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll check this and get back to you Rotordude smile.gif Were you meaning Waihi Beach (I don't remember ever seeing an airfield at Waihi itself?) If so, I have aerial imagery and reference photos for the small strip at Waihi beach...just need to find time to model it (as always! Sigh)

Sorry yeah Waihi Beach.
Regards always
Pete
Rotordude
Sim-holic

Postby Timmo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:54 am

Ok- As mentioned, I've got the data etc for Waihi so it should be available either as a separate release or within the next release of the Nth Island airport pack.
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby AlisterC » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi everyone, not sure if this is an FSX, or VLC issue.. but i encountered this flying from Auckland to Sydney the other day. Just wondering if anyone else has it really. Forgive the Condor repaint, didn't have ANZ installed since I moved FSX to a different hard drive. In NZ I currently only have vlc installed other than default.

You can see my coordinates of where I was. It extends a long way in front and behind.
Last edited by AlisterC on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlisterC
NZFF Pro

PreviousNext

Return to Vector Land Class