AUCKLAND FSX P3D 2017

An effort to collaborate all freeware New Zealand scenery addons. Discuss the creation and management of the project here.

Re: AUCKLAND FSX P3D 2017

Postby cooldad » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:10 pm

Fantastic effort guys.

This is shaping up to be an absolutely beautiful scenery area. Can't wait to see the North Shore (Old stomping ground) and Great Barrier Island :rolleyes:

Paul
cooldad
Forum Addict

Postby Ian Warren » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:49 pm

Paul , this photo scenery is so big .. I'm north of Orewa at the mo .. doing a whole new tag on this area then into Red Beach B-) < Just for some sun , loved that spot :)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby cowpatz » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:11 am

Have the satellite airfields been given any "treatment" Ian/Mike?
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:21 am

I was looking at Ardmore, based my Devon there, looks like Mike is going to give that a little tickle, course Auckland , NO PREVIEWS ALLOWED is looking superb , North Shore I need to recon and Whenuapai is to be looked into.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby jpreou » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:50 am

This all sounds great. Maybe by the time I get down to ChCh (now confirmed) and get set back up again, this will all be ready. Of course, if that takes too long (we'll rent while building), then I may have to buy a new PC too (current one two yrs old). Shame!
--
Jeff, ChCh, NZ
jpreou
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:03 am

Way thing are cooking here, think you are going to find it worth the wait , I'm currently moved back into Canterbury simply to look at Doug's whooping huge 3GB scenery, PHEWY ... ! and Crikey.. Sure Doug will start a new Canterbury thread on that shortly..... I've never seen so much of the country in 24 hours B-)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby jpreou » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:16 am

Cool. As mentioned elsewhere I intend to fully rebuild the PC and concentrate only on NZ based on ORBX / Godzone and anything else worth having.
I won't install any of the other ORBX regions. I see PILOTs have a new more detailed mesh out / coming, but not sure what that might bring to NZ, if anything.
--
Jeff, ChCh, NZ
jpreou
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:34 am

In regard to ORBX , you will need to install the ORBX global textures, reason for that is due to there grabbing the default textures "We own the world" mentality, any photo real put onto the incoming Auckland or other photo real get's affected with horrid Gable roof textures so if you are using ORBX that will have to be installed, I'm currently working only on VLC and photo New Zealand and simply not touching ORBX at the mo.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby jpreou » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:41 am

Yeah, I'll install ORBX global, vector, hd trees, hd buildings (not sure if that is out yet), AU/NZ traffic, nzni, nzsi, queenstown and milford. Then Godzone. Then other on top.
I'll also have others like FTX Global 2010 mesh, REX weather and airport builds, ASN; that kind of environment type stuff.
I *won't* be installing other ORBX regions or airports outside of NZ.
I started dismantling my Obutto cockpit last night, which has been in the garage and unused for the last 3-4 months anyway.
Hopefully we arrive ChCh some time February, start a house build, and then when I have that and my new "office" I can get all set back up again.
Might see if the time is right by then to slide some budget into some VR.... still not convinced on that one yet; how do I use all my Saitek gear when I can't see it?!
--
Jeff, ChCh, NZ
jpreou
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:55 am

Seem you have the 'Big O' sorted , which area/region in Christchurch are you building in .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby jpreou » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Dunno yet. Not finalised. Been looking north at Kaiapoi, but when we come down in Jan for a four day trip we will also be looking to the south. Won't know what budget we have until we sell the house in Hamilton.
--
Jeff, ChCh, NZ
jpreou
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Up and coming areas in around CHCH is Kaiapoi, Rolleston and West Melton, depending on were you work place or life style , Rolleston and West Melton are more inland but maybe easier traffic into the city , Kaiapoi is close to the beach/river but heavier traffic into the city center due to Rangiora traffic and outbound/inbound traffic from the North , thing is tho the city is expanding everywhere the Southern and Westerly areas are a little lest congested , then saying that how long would that last ... first primary is to get a real Good look around first.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby cowpatz » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Ian Warren wrote:I was looking at Ardmore, based my Devon there, looks like Mike is going to give that a little tickle, course Auckland , NO PREVIEWS ALLOWED is looking superb , North Shore I need to recon and Whenuapai is to be looked into.

Dont forget Parakai!
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:41 pm

I'd better check whether Hellensville was in there .. really give these little township a tickle, do I right and its is an excuse to look and fly over! B-)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:47 pm

cowpatz wrote:
Ian Warren wrote:I was looking at Ardmore, based my Devon there, looks like Mike is going to give that a little tickle, course Auckland , NO PREVIEWS ALLOWED is looking superb , North Shore I need to recon and Whenuapai is to be looked into.

Dont forget Parakai!

I have just had a look at this Strip, and even Helensville needs the Magic , Look Great by the time I have finished with it B-) , The field tho the few small structures and what not , I can place in a new runway and fence , maybe Mike could place an appropriate building , I think I have my work cut with the AGN alone.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby cowpatz » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:45 am

Ian Warren wrote:
cowpatz wrote:

Dont forget Parakai!

I have just had a look at this Strip, and even Helensville needs the Magic , Look Great by the time I have finished with it B-) , The field tho the few small structures and what not , I can place in a new runway and fence , maybe Mike could place an appropriate building , I think I have my work cut with the AGN alone.

The airfield is about 10 min down the road from me so I could take a few snaps if you need them.
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:00 am

The airfield is about 10 min down the road from me so I could take a few snaps if you need them.

I would say THAT would be absolutely superb Steve , I'm sure Mike could whiz up a supreme few buildings or what is there and means I really have get this AGN looking really smart ! I'm mean Really Smart. :)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:24 am

I'm aware of one Ardmore in development, don't know if he's ready to go public yet though.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:43 am

That could be an interesting development, Ardmore , I wonder how many Mosquito's would fly in on the opening .. be great to see it match the field match the photo, a lot of that KA114 footage I'm using for reference to get the AGN smack on the nose.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:47 pm

ARRRR here we go , need to contact Mike, found the Helensville tile is unable to open , also noticed there is a specific Parakia BGL so that could be causing the glitch.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

PreviousNext

Return to NZ Scenery Project