FSPassengers X

Read and write review articles of flight simulator addons and expansions here

Postby jastheace » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:46 am

here is a bit of a review, not many pics but i think you will get the idea!!

FSPassengers first started out as an add on for FS2004, and was very successful, the basic idea was to add passengers and failures beyond what FS produced, these included bird strikes, depressurization, fuel leaks etc. it also added war zones, where if you flew in them, you had a higher chance of being shot down, or at the very least have your aircraft damaged, these areas did make promotion easier, but you would almost always have to try and land a crippled bird successfully.

an economic mode is included and this allows you to manage your fleet and income/expense, this includes things like your service costs and when you did maintenance. also you could choose what aircraft to buy, and each aircraft had three of four different prices, these where controlled on whether the aircraft was new or used, how many hours had been flown and whether the aircraft was well maintained by it's previous owner. it added so much immersion that i flew with it on almost every flight i did (and got annoyed when i got penalty points for an error). you get points and hours accumulated for your pilot, and as you accumulate hours and points you will get promoted. as you get promoted you can fly bigger aircraft. if you have career mode on then you can only fly what you are qualified for. if you make a mistake, you will get penalty points which make promotion harder and cost your company reputation.

FSPassengersX carries on this and adds to it, now you get effects to match, if you are flying in a war zone you will get anti aircraft fire with explosions form the aa shells, you will get smoke out of an engine that is on fire, you also get sound effects to match, the hostesses will come in to the cockpit and make some remarks about the flight, passengers or something else.

you also have some new flight mode, a scenic flight, where you take the passengers up fro a scenic flight aruond the area landing back at the same airport, you must fly for more than an hour on this flight, you can also do an aerobatic flight, where you take one person up for an aerobatic flight, you have a maximum g limit from the passenger that you can't exceed or you will get some nasty effects. ( i will let you find out about that one!!)

Economic mode of fspassengers allows you to control your fleet and what you charge for ticket prices and for food and drinks on board your flight, from these options you can decide if you want to fly a low cost airline or an expensive VIP charter company. as you control what you buy, you can have as much or as little in the way of aircraft on your fleet (as long as you have the money) the more money you have the more money you will earn in fleet income. depending on what sort of company you have will depend on how much money you make per flight.

(i will post more later, have to go out now)
In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.

jastheace

Topic author

Postby spongebob206 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:35 am

Thanks mate,

Sounds awesome
spongebob206

Postby shotgun » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:59 pm

whathesaid.gif
thumbup1.gif
Helicopters can't actually fly. Their just so ugly that the world repels them. :)
shotgun
Forum Addict

Postby s0cks » Tue May 11, 2010 2:49 pm

I freakin love FSP on FS9, so when I eventually get FSX up and running this will be a must buy!
s0cks

Postby Venge » Wed May 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Does it 'mark' you on your landings? If so, will altered airports (VLC or any addon that changes the placement of runways) affect the score of your landing?

Chris
Near Whangarei

Venge
Forum Addict

Postby gojozoom » Wed May 11, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi Chris,

Yes, it gives you points for landing, based on the descend rate at the moment of the touchdown. It doesn't matter if it's an addon airport or a default one. It also measures your performance throughout your flight (usage of flaps, gear, lights, flight service, handling of emergency). You can customize its sensitivity. I don't really fly without FSPassengers nowadays, gives me a whole new dimension of reality.
Last edited by gojozoom on Wed May 11, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gojozoom
Sim-holic

Postby Venge » Wed May 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Awesome, thanks for the info smile.gif
The cargo one seems to have issues with non stock runways.
Last edited by Venge on Wed May 11, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
Near Whangarei

Venge
Forum Addict

Return to Reviews