SpringHill for FSX

Support for Timmos FSX photoreal scenery projects from the VisualiseIT project

Postby Timmo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:06 pm

that's so weird....any AI packages installed that may be conflicting? I can't imagine they would be going into springhill though?

Unless Charls AI does??!
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Naki » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:10 pm

The plot thickens! .. I dont have any AI installed ... I have just installed RealNZ Paraparaumu and I have the same problem with ditches etc so it cant be your scenery it must be something in my set up? I dont have this probelm in any other scenery.
Naki
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:42 am

Tim , send me a link to your scenery , this pc is a very bare and limited no frills and FSX appears to work on it , without S/P packs - the shopped pc is coming back clean installed FSX with bells and whatever .. fingers crossed the sarvo but it another way to start to find the problem .
Last edited by Ian Warren on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Timmo » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:55 pm

Ian-ill just double check all the things that could contribute and then re-upload this weekend.

Im also 70% through Galatea aerodrome near Murupara...it doesn't even exist in FS and is only a couple of buildings in reality, but I did do my first solo cross country into there so it does hold a special place for me smile.gif Access to aerial photography helps too smile.gif
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Naki » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:23 pm

The flatten BGL in scenery/world/scenery?
Naki
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:03 am

Tim , found the problem , least i recall i had an option to change runway alt and the taxiway and ramp .
These screens are on a brand new Virgin HD with only the mesh , the other flatten bgl did not even make a bump .

as you can see were you have placed the fence line , it blends in perfect with the outside

as you can see in the distance

i recall at times i doubled up on flattens for the simple reason a Bump in the middle of a runway of all things , maybe the proximity of the river
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Naki » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:55 pm

Mine (the scenery that is smile.gif ) looks like yours Ian
Naki
NZFF Pro

Postby Timmo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:24 pm

That is actually good smile.gif Unless the runway is under the terrain, it means that the flatten is doing its job (the taxiways are always flattened regardless)

Lemme just post a replacement afcad and 'flattens' (i.e. 1 AFCAD + 1 flatten for the Springill scenery folder and 1 AFCAD for the world/scenery folder)

OK- There is a new set of files here: https://cid-377a7d4d9de402cd.skydrive.l ... cenery.zip

Download these, take out all the files just in Springhill/Scenery (i.e. keep the textures in the texture folder) and unzip the files above into it.
Keep the other AFCAD I posted in the previous post in Scenery/World/Scenery

Hopefully that should fix it?!
Last edited by Timmo on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Naki » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Works for me! ..was going to post some pics but I seem to have screen shot problem.

The airport elevation might be tad low compared to the adjoining river.

Can you also get rid of the default bridge at one end of the runway and the large covered one swapped for another at the south end of the runway?
Naki
NZFF Pro

Postby madkudu » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Hey Tim,
has this been finished and uploaded onto a site yet?
I guess if not you will be far to busy with Vector landclass project (which I am also looking forward to smile.gif )
Sorry im just making sure that Springhill hasnt been forgoten sad.gif, I have been really looking forward to it!
Cheers Jimmy
{madkudu}

madkudu

Postby Timmo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi Jimmy- Ive just uploaded it to Avsim then...so should be visible tomorrow.

I think i've figured out what the problem was- The default flatten/exclude was getting in the way but now I've excluded/replaced that one....

For the guys that downloaded the beta- Thanks heaps, I recommend you delete all previous files (including the file I asked you to put in the World/Scenery folder) and download this one.

Cheers
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby madkudu » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Thanks heaps! smile.gif
{madkudu}

madkudu

Postby Bazza » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:28 am

Just as a "heads-up" I downloaded the Avsim version this morning but Springhill seems to have heaps of problems, most obvious the high terrain through the middle of the landing strip.

I also noted that the views from the plane were effected as well.

At the same time I added Kaipara which works - spot on.
Bazza
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:24 pm

Tim , for some reason it just don,t 'wont' flatten out , added and removed the mesh , same problem , looking at it im very sure its a AFCAD issue .
Last edited by Ian Warren on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby madkudu » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:39 pm

hmmm, well I downloaded off Avsim and it works fine, the second time anyway.
I forgot I had another Afcad of NZSL that I did myself which I had to dig out and destroy! After that It worked fine,
No real big obvious problems, however I did notice that at the southern end of the runway the ground slopes down a bit and the runway is floating in the air a bit, however Im not too fussed about it, I gues itl just encourage me to stay on the runway an not mess around so much.....
{madkudu}

madkudu

Postby Bazza » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:42 am

Well my FSX is a brand new install so I'm not thinking of previously installed AFCADS.
Bazza
Sim-holic

Postby Timmo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:54 pm

hmmm damn I thought I had got it working!

I dunno why this is causing so many problems?

So just to clarify, the terrain around the airport (excluding the runway and taxiway) are above the rest of the terrain by too much? I did raise it a bit and had intended to release files for both the default and 20m mesh but on my system, there was little difference between the two so I just provided one.

Bazza and Ian- Did you guys download the beta? Make sure that ALL those files were deleted (including a bgl in world>Scenery)....
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Tim , i installed on a clean HD , your Spring Hill was the third scenery installed .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Bazza » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:10 am

No Timmo, never used the Beta. Will have a fiddle later in the day and post a screenie....bit busy at the mo.

Cheers..
Bazza
Sim-holic

Postby Bazza » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:42 am

Managed to find a few moments, this is what I'm getting. Tried to slew above but don't seem to be able to get that function working.

Will dump this later today and try a fresh reload in case..

EDIT:

Tried a fresh D/L from AVSIM, and a re-install but exactly the same as previous, wondered if I may have originally loaded up a Beta but appears not.

Last edited by Bazza on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bazza
Sim-holic

PreviousNext

Return to Timmo's FSX Scenery 'VisualiseIT'