SceneryFinder- Interactive map for FSX Scenery

Support for Timmos FSX photoreal scenery projects from the VisualiseIT project

Postby Timmo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:43 pm

This interactive map utilises the Google Maps API and is intended to be featured on Flightsim.co.nz and my website. It allows the user to search for a location, zoom to it and then see if there is photoreal coverage or upgraded airport files.

The map can be found here http://nzff.org/maps/

Each piece of scenery has a polygon or icon (to denote photoreal or airport scenery respectively) coloured depending on if the scenery is payware or Freeware. Clicking on the icon or polygon will bring up information about the scenery and provide the link for download from Avsim.

Future features:
As well as the map embedded in a webpage, the user will also have the option of downloading the file for use in Google Earth which gives better display of icons and text boxes
I'm currently working on digitising the airspace boundaries for New Zealand so users without charts can get information about airspace (frequencies, boundaries, altitudes etc)
Eventually, if possible, Id like to add the option for the user to click on the map, enter their altitude and have the map return information on frequency, airspace class and type, restrictions (TM, Military etc). This could be used by student pilots to self test themselves on ATC requirements for their local area.

Last edited by Timmo on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated after release
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Njbb1995 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:40 am

Hows that going anyway any new news?
Njbb1995
Sim-holic

Postby Timmo » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:10 pm

I have been meaning to spend a bit more time on this and finish it so it at least has all the FSX scenery on there- With the move to the new MB hosting, the old map was left behind- I still have a copy of it on my PC but I fried the power supply just before I went to Japan

Im about to go shopping for a new one
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Njbb1995 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Ok cool good luck!!!!
Njbb1995
Sim-holic

Postby Timmo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:54 pm

I did an update last night- Added new FSX areas, added better links (i.e. a proper link you can click on rather than just a pointer to Avsim) as well as some cosmetic changes.

Ive also updated the first post in this thread to mention some other things that I would like to add in the future.
Timmo
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:58 pm

Superb stuff Timmo, all that effort makes the difference. thumbup1.gif

Alex
Alex
NZFF Pro

Postby shotgun » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Good idea
Helicopters can't actually fly. Their just so ugly that the world repels them. :)
shotgun
Forum Addict

Return to Timmo's FSX Scenery 'VisualiseIT'