NZ North to South Tour

Share your simulated flights around NZ here. The place to post your flight reports, flight plan instructions and progress on tours

NZ North to South Tour

Postby ardypilot » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:24 am

My current work schedule is keeping me posted up in various hotels around the country for on long layovers which has given me the opportunity to explore and learn about some new FS software. I'm a big fan of Alex Barthels Little Nav Map programs, and have been using my laptop to build a series of flight plans for a low and slow around NZ trip for when I get a bit of time free in the future.

Thought I'd share the files here for anyone who might be keen to explore the country before I get a chance to do it myself- the zip file below includes both the Little Nav Map readable flight plan files which you can have running on a second screen via Little Nav Connect, as well as the FS2020 format plans. Little Nav Map can also read and export these files into FSX/P3D/XPlane formats if desired!

Leg 1: Kaitaia to Ardmore, via Cape Reinga, Kerikeri, Bay of Islands, Whangarei, Kawau Island, Auckland
Leg 2: Ardmore to Whanganui, via Waikato River, Taupo, Desert Road, Central Plateau, Whanganui River
Leg 3: Whanganui to Wellington, via Ohakea, Palmerston North, Manawatu Gorge, Wairarapa, Rimutaka Ranges
Leg 4: Wellington to Nelson (IFR), Sounds Air C208/PC12 route via Marlborough Sounds
Leg 5: Nelson to Haast via Abel Tasman National Park, Routeburn Track, Westport, Greymouth, Hokitika, Franz Joseph Glacier, Fox Glacier
Leg 6: Haast to Manapouri via Haast Pass, Lake Wanaka, Wanaka, Cromwell, Kawarau Gorge, Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu, Von Valley, Lake Te Anau
Leg 7: Manapouri to Invercargill via Lake Manapouri, Wilmot Pass, Doubtful Sound, Resolution Island, Stewart Island and Bluff

> Download Link <
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: NZ North to South Tour

Postby iwik » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:37 am

Thanks very much for your efforts.
Les
iwik

Return to Flights