The Silver Pfalz ZK-FLZ

Request repaints, ask questions and find downloads from the Virtual Vintage Flyers NZ project

Postby K5054NZ » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:24 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say my repaint for Stuart Green's lovely Pfalz D.IIIA, making one of the stock colour schemes a lot closer to Peter Jackson's Tiger Moth-based ZK-FLZ (debuted at Classic Fighters 2007), is now online at FlightSim.Com, along with a more accurate Manfred von Richtofen Fokker Dr.I. Not too sure what's next for VVFNZ repaint-wise, I've been working on something a tad more modern...more, as always, as and when. biggrin.gif
K5054NZ
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby Charl » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:12 am

Your new Pfalz is already hangered here, didn't realise the RB was new, thanks for posting.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby Charl » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:25 pm

...it has great machine gun effects, but the Camel is just soo slippery

Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby ZK-LGD » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:06 am

Howdy Zac,

Is this DIII the "Blue Max" replica? The last photo I saw it was sporting a rather inauthentic lozenge livery. Be nice to see this particular repaint, too.
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Postby K5054NZ » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:24 am

ZK-LGD wrote:
QUOTE (ZK-LGD @ Oct 19 2007, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Howdy Zac,

Is this DIII the "Blue Max" replica? The last photo I saw it was sporting a rather inauthentic lozenge livery. Be nice to see this particular repaint, too.

thumbup1.gif Would you believe TWO Pfalzes were made for "The Blue Max"? AND, would you believe we have BOTH here in NZ? New_Zealand_etc.gif Thanks Peter!

This is the Doug Bianchi-built, Tiger Moth-based replica as it currently appears, currently rego'd (most appropriately) ZK-FLZ. She debuted in NZ at Classic Fighters this past Easter.

The seven colour lozenge aircraft, built by Viv Bellamy and more true to line, is now in the AHC - but flyable - and I am slowly, sloooooooowly working on a repaint for it! She is registered ZK-JPI.

When you next watch the film, you can easily see the differences between the two. Due to the Tiger fuselage and vertical tail, the Bianchi Pfalz looks "stretched" compared to the Bellamy machine. Based on what I've seen, most Pfalz scenes in the final cut of TBM were of the Bianchi machine. Apparently it's much nicer to fly.
K5054NZ
Sim-holic

Topic author

Return to Virtual Vintage Flyers NZ