WW1 Repaints

Request repaints, ask questions and find downloads from the Virtual Vintage Flyers NZ project

Postby K5054NZ » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:12 am

Hi all

As you know, I'm a fervent supporter of WW1 aviation in NZ, and I'd love to see a larger Great War presence in Flight Simulator. To this end, I've been scouring the web for WW1 aircraft relevant to NZ - specifically, Omaka and Hood-based aircraft - and attempting repaints.

My first effort is the Nieuport 11 ZK-NIE, painted as Alvaro Leonardi's machine. If anyone's interested, please PM me. It's basic, but achieves my goal of having a representative of NIE.

I've been able to find a great repaint of Peter Jackson's Camel ZK-JMU/B3889 at FlightSim.com, I'll post some screenies once I get the hang of flying the darned thing!

Stay tuned!
K5054NZ
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby kiwiarcher » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:31 am

Do you have link for the Camel download, I can't find it on Lfightsim.com

Thanks

Rob

K5054NZ wrote:
QUOTE(K5054NZ @ Aug 2 2007, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all

As you know, I'm a fervent supporter of WW1 aviation in NZ, and I'd love to see a larger Great War presence in Flight Simulator. To this end, I've been scouring the web for WW1 aircraft relevant to NZ - specifically, Omaka and Hood-based aircraft - and attempting repaints.

My first effort is the Nieuport 11 ZK-NIE, painted as Alvaro Leonardi's machine. If anyone's interested, please PM me. It's basic, but achieves my goal of having a representative of NIE.

I've been able to find a great repaint of Peter Jackson's Camel ZK-JMU/B3889 at FlightSim.com, I'll post some screenies once I get the hang of flying the darned thing!

Stay tuned!
kiwiarcher

Postby ZK-LGD » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:12 pm

Do a search for "Camel" and select the B3889 repaint of Dave Eckhart's model.
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Postby K5054NZ » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:23 pm

ZK-LGD wrote:
QUOTE(ZK-LGD @ Jul 29 2007, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do a search for "Camel" and select the B3889 repaint of Dave Eckhart's model.

Nail on the head! And a fantastic model it is too! Pity I dislike the Camel so...
K5054NZ
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby ZK-LGD » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:46 pm

Much rather prefer the SPAD S VII meself. Hmmm, think I might have to dig out Combat Aces for CS2 again. laugh.gif
Regards,
Dorian
ZK-LGD
Sim-holic

Postby Naki » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:18 pm

Thanks for the info K5054 - Ill have to download the Camel & repaint
Naki
NZFF Pro

Postby hinch » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:59 am

Robert Bruce's Bristol Fighter, Dave Eckert's Camel and Stuart Green's recent efforts have WW1 very very nicely covered! That's in my order of preference =)
hinch

Postby CathyH » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:38 pm

The RNZAF---of which I am a former memeber, apparently operated the Bristol Fighter until 1938, how about a repaint for that excellent freeware Bristol fighter that's out there, also an RNZAF repaint for the Alphasim payware Lockheed Hudson, and the Alphasim Vampire
CathyH

Return to Virtual Vintage Flyers NZ