Fozzer - featured August 2020

Biographies of participating NZFF members - as featured in monthly banners.

Fozzer - featured August 2020

Postby Fozzer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:40 pm

I am now famous/infamous!.... :rockon: ... :rockon: ... :rockon: ...! Many thanks, everyone!

The fun things in my life...

Being born.
Being bombed out of London in 1940.
Evacuating to the wonderful County of Herefordshire.
Getting my motorcycle licence in 1950 at the age of 16.
Exploring computers and computer games in 1975.
Finding the joys of cooking stuff on a gas stove.

Born in 1934 (a very good year for my mum, dad, and me).
My dad bought me my first motorcycle in 1950 (Royal Enfield 350 Model G) and I've been riding various bikes, solo and sidecar, ever since.
The Personal Computer world burst upon me in 1980, and filled every room in my house with computers of all sorts, and computer games of all sorts, and I still have every one of them!
Games Consoles, ZX80, ZX81, ZX82 Spectrum, Commodore C64, Amstrad CPC 464, Amiga 500 and 1200, and then all my home-built Windows Desktop Computers in the 1990s. My introduction to flight simulation was in the 1980s with my Sinclair Spectrum ZX82 computer and various "flying games".

The "real stuff" came in 1995 with the release of "Flight Unlimited II" by Looking Glass Studios, which took me across the Atlantic Ocean to North America, and especially the delights of San Francisco and the surrounding area where I have remained ever since!

1995 also took me into the world of flight simulator forums starting with "Simviation dot com" where I remain a long-standing member ever since.
Some of my Sim V chums introduced me to New Zealand, and the lovely folks at "NZFF dot com" where we all flew together, and where I still remain as a member!

The magic thing about "Flight Simulation" is that it made me explore the whole world from my armchair, and my house and garden suddenly became a much larger place!
I have a veritable mountain of flight simulator software and hardware surrounding me as I sit here!

With the introduction of "YouTube" I took advantage of all my flight simulator travels around the world (mostly North America), to explore my part of the world (England and Wales) with my video cameras and my motorcycles, and at the same time, be familiar with the parts of the world, North America, NZ, and OzLand), that my YouTube motorcycle chums enjoy.

I still run my trusty Microsoft FSX, following my FS 2002/2004. Whether I "upgrade?" to Microsoft 2020 remains to be seen... most time nowadays I am busy videoing all my motorcycle travels, and editing and publishing them on YouTube for the world to watch, and see what England looks like!

There is no doubt that my various flight simulators since the 1980s opened up a whole new world for me to explore from the air and the ground. I now know every inch of "Route 66", from Chicago to Santa Monica... and Highway 1 from Los Angeles to Seattle... and everywhere in between... LOL...! It's a magic that everyone should experience!

Many thanks again all my "Southern Hemispherical" Chums... :D ...!
...and many thanks for the fantastic Banner which now adorns my chums' NZ Forum!

(Note that even though I spend a lot of time with my American motorcycle chums on YouTube, I never once used the dreaded Words; "Guys", "Cool", "Epic", "Awesome", "Altercation", or the phrase; "No wot I'm sayin", "No wot I mean", etc, during this Post.).

Many thanks again chums, it's a simply "spiffing" experience being with you all.... :D ...!
Paul ... off to cook some really tasty stuff on my trusty gas cooker now!.... and a Motorcycle ride this afternoon... if it doesn't rain... :cheers: ...!.... :groupwave: ... :groupwave: ... :groupwave: ...!

Don't forget chums, if you need a rest from aeroplanes for a while...
Have a pop over here and watch some 2-wheeled antics... >>>

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos

I do both!

Paul... bike it... you'll like it!... and keep the rubber-side down!.... :D ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Fozzer - featured August 2020

Postby Aharon » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:51 am

Great biography, Fozzer!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave:

Never knew that Fozzer is in motorcyle gang :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Postby Fozzer » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:37 am

..... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

I terrify all the local villagers as I roar through the network of English country lanes, with my bad-boy appearance, dressed in my full leathers, half-helmet, sun-shades, and stars and stripes bandana.

...be very afraid...!

Paul.... :D ... :D ...!
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby ShaneG » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:36 pm

I remember a lot of good times flying around the bay area on Sam's server with you, and SeanTK; learning how to navigate correctly!
Also the Alaska, and New Zealand tours we did were a blast!
Never fear Fozzer, you'll always be 'awesome' to me! :rockon: :rockon:
ShaneG

Postby Fozzer » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:16 am

Hello Shane!
Good to see you again!
A blast from the distant past!
Having loads of fun with all my Biker Chums touring around the USA on two wheels, (and rest of the World), on YouTube.
...an "Awesome" crowd...of "Guys"; "Chilling out", in a "Cool" sort of way, and having an; "Epic" time!....LOL... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Take care, Shane, and be SAFE!

Paul...>>> Fun on Two Wheels...>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos
Fozzer
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to NZFF Member Biographies