September Banner

Read and write about updates, changes, or any issues regarding the NZFF website and community

September Banner

Postby Splitpin » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:05 am

Great choice >nzflag< My old mum has just finished reading his book .
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: September Banner

Postby Charl » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:49 pm

Yes - great looking banner, didn't know the subject was a NZFF member!
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:32 pm

Charl wrote:Yes - great looking banner, didn't know the subject was a NZFF member!

Yes all the banners from the new series have been of NZFF members who are actually pilots in real life apart from June banner AlisterC who is a member but his hobby is building model aircraft.
I am going to have to change from pilots to members with other activities although I do know of three more pilots that could feature on the banner if they would only play ball instead of being very elusive.
One is flying for Air Nelson the other two are with Air NZ but none are answering my PMs :(
Any suggestions on which members may have something of interest like AlisterC that could make a good banner would be much appreciated.
OnlineUser avatar
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:48 am

Charl wrote:Yes - great looking banner, didn't know the subject was a NZFF member!

I agree and I am AMAZED.
Aharon
Sim-holic

Postby cowpatz » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:28 am

Yes a very cool subject. He is a NZ aviation legend.
Some of his long distance delivery/record flights must have relied on the curvature of the earth to get airborne.
I started my initial flight training in Victa Airtourers. That was with Airline flying club based at both Ardmore and Auckland.
A fun machine. Auckland aero club used to have 13 of them on their flight line at one stage. They were painted every colour of the rainbow. An impressive sight. It was said that the canopy contributed up to a 1/3 of the overall lift and that this should be considered before flying with it open. Tried it once and instantly regretted it. It created a dust storm in the cockpit which momentarily blinded me. The 130 HP T3 model was brilliant.
All said a great rugged training aircraft.
Thanks for being part of it Cliff.
:clap: :cheers:
cowpatz
NZFF Pro

Return to Forum Community Discussion