Repaint Requests

Discuss aircraft addons and repaints for Flight Simulator here

Postby ardypilot » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:44 pm

With so many great virtual aircraft repainters among us, I thought it would be a good idea to start up a Repaint Request topic, so you can all ask each other for specific paintjobs of certain liveries, and those up for a challenge can browse through here searching for something that interests them.

When posting a request, please make you livery details as specific as possible, and if it is based on a real life aircraft, try including a photograph of it.

If you know the exact model you want done, then include a link to it, and even better, a link to a paintkit to match it.

Happy painting everyone!
Intel Core i5-2400|8GB RAM|ATI Radeon HD 5750 (1GB)|1TB Seagate Barracuda|Windows 7 64 Bit|FSX Gold Edition|24" AOC Widescreen
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Captain_Hamish » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:07 pm

Hi everyone

i would love it if someone did some canterbury aero club aircraft either a piper cherokee or a piper tomahawk or a partenavia in the CAC (canterbury Aero Club) colours you can find all of the canterbury aero club's aircraft on www.cac.co.nz

thanks
Captain_Hamish

Postby Jimmy » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:26 pm

Hi hamish..
After iv finished andrews ardmore 172 for him (in a few days) i was thinking id do some CAC aircraft. I would love to do a tomahawk (what I had my introductry flight in) but can't find a fs model anywere for the PA-38, except for the one included in the "flying club" payware product. Does anyone know where theres a freeware one?

Thanks
James B)
Jimmy

Postby Captain_Hamish » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:37 pm

hi james

sorry i don't know where to find a freeware one from i have only seen the payware one and by the way how well does the tomahawk fly i have not had the chance yet to fly a tomahawk i have only flown a pa28-140 cherokee i would love to fly the cac new piper archer with the glass cockpit and do you have msn my msn address is captain_hamishharvey@hotmail.com

thanks
Captain_Hamish

Postby ardypilot » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:50 pm

Carenado do a free Piper Tomahawk here: www.carenado.com/html/freeairplanes.php3
Last edited by ardypilot on Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core i5-2400|8GB RAM|ATI Radeon HD 5750 (1GB)|1TB Seagate Barracuda|Windows 7 64 Bit|FSX Gold Edition|24" AOC Widescreen
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Captain_Hamish » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:43 pm

hi trolly i have allready seen that but it won't on fs2004

thanks
Captain_Hamish

Postby ZK-Brock » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:11 pm

It won't what on fs2004? It flies fine on fs2004, I'm not sure about repainting.
ZK-Brock
NZFF Pro

Postby Captain_Hamish » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:50 pm

it won't work on flightsim 2004 the propeller does not show up on the website it says it is only for 2000 and 2002 it will fly but it looks stupid with no propeller
Captain_Hamish

Postby Muppet » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:17 pm

That's because it's an old FSDS model. It needs to be a FSDS2, FSDS3 or Gmax model to work properly in FS9.
Muppet

Postby K5054NZ » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:31 pm

Hi all.

I know a lot of you are into GA, but I'd dearly love to see some more of NZ's sizeable warbird contingent in FS9. Hamish has been great to start us off with repainting Roger Dial's Reno Mustang as Graham Bethell's P-51D, and I am also proud owner of the ZK-DAK repaint (apologies, I've forgotten which of you fine folk did that one). I've previously had Catalina ZK-PBY too.

Now, for future repaints, the DaSilva Harvard is ripe for Kiwi repaints for one, there's more than one great Spitfire out there to be turned into TB863 (even if she's now back in Aussie <_< :( ), I wouldn't mind seeing both Miss Torque and Dove of Peace (P-51Ds past and present) in virtual form. How about one/both of the L-39 Albatross jets? Vampires? We have the P-40N "Currawong", but how about the Old Stick and Rudder Co's P-40E, the old AFC K perhaps?

Sorry, I'm asking waaaaay too much at once here. All that is long-term, of course ;) .

user posted image
Ok, for starters: Harvard ZK-ENB/NZ1076? This one's owned by Rex Brereton at Feilding. Also, how about NZ1078, the well-known yellow bird (as pictured)?

user posted image
Image © Zac Yates 2006
And as Hamish said, the former Alpine Fighter Collection Spitfire XVIe TB863? I have a clipped-wing version by Paul Rebuffat which would take to a repaint nicely.

user posted image
Finally, I have an obscure one for you: the Fleet 16B biplane owned by Graham Orphan at Omaka. I have a freeware Fleet 2 which I tried to repaint by myself, but this simply didn't work. It may be the wrong type, but it's close enough!

If someone keen to do any of these jobs could email me (spitfire_bm144@hotmail.com) I can send you the texture files and try and suss out some scanned/internet pics.

Fleet and Harvard pictures courtesy Google.com image search
K5054NZ
Sim-holic

Postby Captain_Hamish » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:55 pm

hi k5054NZ

i have also done miss torque mustang as well as the TAF ones but i have not yet uploaded it but if you want it i cans end it through to you and i had a good try at the dove of peace and had everything looking nice on it except the checkers at the front of the aircraft i could'nt get them to line up so i let go off that project so if you want the miss torque repaint just send me an email to captain_hamishharvey@hotmail.com and i really wanted to do one of ZK-PBY on mike stones catalina but for some reason it would'nt let me use some colours of the blues it just show it up as grey

thanks
Captain_Hamish

Postby K5054NZ » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:16 am

Email on its way Hamish. Thanks for the offer dude - can't wait to see her online!
K5054NZ
Sim-holic

Postby Captain_Hamish » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:29 pm

hi

by the way if you want i have updated all my TAF textures for the mustang so it fixes that texture on the tail and i have got the miss torque texture there ready for you
Captain_Hamish

Postby Naki » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:44 pm

I have tried my hand at repainting some of my aircraft with not much success. Is there anybody out there willing to do a NZ repaint of the Dreamfleet Baron (RXP). A ficticious one (ZK-..) based on the Dreamfleet default scheme would be great?

Whilst I am making requests an NZ scheme of Long Islands Christen Eagle (now this would have to ficticious as there isn't any here in NZ) and a Volcanic Floatplanes repaint of Carenados 206 would also be the bees knees (this would go well with Robin's Rotorua scenery). :D

Cheers

Naki
Naki
NZFF Pro

Postby Snowman » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:12 pm

I have a repaint wish list very long like most people, but i would really be happy if someone could do a repaint of the FS9 Default DC-3 in New Zealand National Airways "Skyliner" livery, both flyable and AI. Its the only aircraft i need to complete my historical fleet of Air NZ and N.A.C. commercial aircraft for New Zealand.

Lawrie.

Snowman
NZFF Pro

Postby K5054NZ » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:54 pm

Good point Lawrie - I'd be up for that one too.
K5054NZ
Sim-holic

Postby Snowman » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:38 am

Another historical NZ repaint for the Default FS9 DC-3 i wouldnt mind having, is the old Feildair DC-3 dusters from Marlborough.............................

Snowman
NZFF Pro

Postby ardypilot » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:13 pm

Another historical NZ repaint for the Default FS9 DC-3 i wouldnt mind having

Well the Warbirds Dak is due for a full repaint next May in the old RNZAF white and blue colours, so if anyone is still using FS2004 at that time, perhaps that paintjob could be on the cards..
Last edited by ardypilot on Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Charl » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:19 pm

I'd say jump the gun here and get the repaint in now.
Heck, I've been flying ANZ 7E7's for about a year!
Ian Warren, how's your archival paintbrush?
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby K5054NZ » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:43 pm

Is anyone up for doing a repaint of Bob Chicilo's Nakajima Ki.43 Hayabusa/Oscar as the Alpine Fighter Collection's old one?

user posted image

user posted image
Picture from www.nzfpm.co.nz

Have a search for "Hayabusa" or "Nakajima Oscar" on FlightSim and you should find it easy enough.

PM me if anyone's interested.
Last edited by K5054NZ on Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K5054NZ
Sim-holic

Next

Return to Aircraft