ZK-NQC

Discuss aircraft addons and repaints for Flight Simulator here

ZK-NQC

Postby Aharon » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:05 am

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Do all of you know where I can find Air New Zealand repaint with registration number ZK-NQC for the combi version of TinMouse 737-200 version 2, please?? I cannot find it on Avsim or Flightsim

Thanks,

Aharon
Aharon

Topic author

Re: ZK-NQC

Postby deeknow » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:38 pm

Hey Aharon,

Sorry missed your post. I did a repaint for it back in the dark ages of 2011 :D in the CourierPost livery it wore for awhile, I know this isn't the one you are looking for, but it may be of interest. She also wore a plain white livery for awhile, and of course in AirNZ/NAC liveries too. Search for filename "b732-nqc-courierpost.zip" at flightsim.com

deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:28 am

Deeknow,

Ha ha ha I already downloaded it few months ago while looking for ZK-NQC. Did NOT realize it was you who painted the yellow livery as flightsim showed different name of repainter while I did not realizen it was you.

If it is not too much trouble and if you or anyone can recall from memory, what cargo/courier routes did this yellow livery plane flew, please?

Smiling

Thanks for reply

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Topic author

Postby deeknow » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:32 am

I think it was more or less the same routes Airwork / ParcelAir operate these days from Auckland -> Palmerston North -> Christchurch and various combos thereof, along with the odd passenger charter

some useful info here if u haven't seen it already
http://www.aussieairliners.org/b-737/zk-nqc/zknqc.html

and a bunch of photos around showing it positioned at mainly Auckland and ChCh
https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/ZK-NQC
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:24 am

Deeknow,

Thanks for answers on routes flown by your yellow repaint.

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Topic author

Postby SA227 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:20 pm

QC only operated Freight between Auckland and Christchurch. Passenger charters took it all over the place.

cheers
SA227
Forum Addict

Postby Naki » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:24 pm

I've flown on NQC in the early 90s when it was with Air New Zealand.... was from Palmerston North to Auckland
Naki
NZFF Pro

Postby Dash8captain » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:11 pm

I Flew on it on a charter once to Palmy from Woodbourne and then back - will never forget it those old JT8D's sounded amazing

Few pics fore those interested

Dash8captain

Postby deeknow » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:31 pm

wicked pics Terry cheers, wish I had them when I did the textures as missed a few details, might revisit it actually, the yellow was never right even
deeknow
NZFF Pro

Postby Dash8captain » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:18 pm

deeknow wrote:wicked pics Terry cheers, wish I had them when I did the textures as missed a few details, might revisit it actually, the yellow was never right even

Cheers yeah it certainly was yellow!
Dash8captain

Postby emfrat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:05 pm

Great pics Dash - there are even more vineyards around Woodbourne now than there were then. :clap:
I see you are using jpgs now but they are still taking ages to load. I chop my pics down to 1290 wide before uploading to Post Image, and tell them not to resize. Works a treat, it does.
ATB
MikeW
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

OnlineUser avatar
emfrat
NZFF Pro

Postby Aharon » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:19 am

SA227 wrote:QC only operated Freight between Auckland and Christchurch. Passenger charters took it all over the place.

When you say QC, are you referring to yellow Courier Post plane, please? Forgive me for this stupid question :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Topic author

Postby Aharon » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:23 am

Dash8captain wrote:I Flew on it on a charter once to Palmy from Woodbourne and then back - will never forget it those old JT8D's sounded amazing

Thank you very much for route information and for SUPER AMAZING photos. Surprised me the plane was very clean and shiny without without dirt details!!! Am I correct that the photos show Woodbourne as departing airport and Palmy as arrival airport??

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Topic author

Postby Aharon » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:26 am

deeknow wrote:wicked pics Terry cheers, wish I had them when I did the textures as missed a few details, might revisit it actually, the yellow was never right even

Well I cannot find any mistake or any missing detail in your yellow repaint. It looks great and it would be difficult and impossible to paint the engines super shiny.

Regards,

Aharon
Aharon

Topic author

Postby Aharon » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:27 am

Deeknow,

Sorry to bother you but I am wondering if you have chance to do what you said in your own words: revisit the yellow livery?

If you have no plans to do so, that is okay as I am satisfied with your original version of the yellow repaint. If you are still in WIP stage of your revisit to that repaint, please let me know so that I can wait patiently for your revision

Thanks,

Aharon
Aharon

Topic author

Return to Aircraft