What scenery areas do you want to see?

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

Postby ardypilot » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:00 pm

I thought it might be a good idea to start up a thread where members can voice what areas of the country they would like to see developed in detail for flightsim.

I am not suggesting anyone will take any action, but there is always the possibility a designer might be reading though the forums and like your idea!

Just to get the ball rolling, I will start:

All though heaps of the country had already been re-created, there are a few areas in particular I would like to see, such as:

-> Great Barrier Island
-> White Island
-> Bay of Islands

Now it's your turn!
Last edited by ardypilot on Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core i5-2400|8GB RAM|ATI Radeon HD 5750 (1GB)|1TB Seagate Barracuda|Windows 7 64 Bit|FSX Gold Edition|24" AOC Widescreen
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby cirrusnature » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:28 pm

Watched a video on the opening day at NZWN. There were plenty of old timers flying around including a Vulcan damaging it self during landing. I see someone has done Kai Tak in the 60's so along the same lines I was thinking a recreation of the opening with all the planes as AI doing touch & go's, terminal as it was back then and yourself showing off to the crowd as you attemp to loop a DC 8 :P . Might be fun.
cirrusnature
Forum Addict

Postby Christian » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:08 pm

Blackmagic,

I would also love some eruptions over the volcanoes. In fact, I've put some together already for FS2002. The reason I never finished them completely is that there is a limitation in both FS2002 and FS2004. You can only see effects up to 5km away. After that the effects magically disappear. For fully blown smoke columns this looks very silly. Maybe FSX will allow this...

Christian
Breathtakingly gorgeous FS landscapes for New Zealand.
Visit Sim Pilot Experience now:
http://www.simpilotexperience.com
Follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ChristianStock
Christian
Forum Addict

Postby ZK-GPM » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:11 pm

Auckland Airport

Taupo Airport

Milford Sound Airstrip

Not much really :D
ZK-GPM

Postby bigdogshark62 » Mon May 01, 2006 5:08 am

Ahem...

HAMILTON!

Thank you.
bigdogshark62

Postby NZ1 » Mon May 01, 2006 7:56 am

bigdogshark62 wrote: Ahem...

HAMILTON!

Thank you.

Affirm! :D
NZ1

Postby ardypilot » Mon May 01, 2006 7:58 am

Ahem...

HAMILTON!

Thank you.

Hamilton and the Waikato area was included in the Godzone VF magazine!

I belive Auckland Airport (NZAA) is under development, and will be released in the future by Robin Corn to match his REAL NZ photoreal Auckland.

Interesting thoughts so far people, keep them coming!
Intel Core i5-2400|8GB RAM|ATI Radeon HD 5750 (1GB)|1TB Seagate Barracuda|Windows 7 64 Bit|FSX Gold Edition|24" AOC Widescreen
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Mon May 01, 2006 12:57 pm

Trolly wrote:
Hamilton and the Waikato area was included in the Godzone VF magazine!

I belive Auckland Airport (NZAA) is under development, and will be released in .the future by Robin Corn to match his REAL NZ photoreal Auckland.

I'm certainly considering Hamilton Airport as the 5th or 6th 'Real New Zealand' CD, I just need to decide on a companion airport.
NZAA is still on track for an end-of-year release.
-Robin
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby ardypilot » Mon May 01, 2006 3:32 pm

I'm certainly considering Hamilton Airport as the 5th or 6th 'Real New Zealand' CD, I just need to decide on a companion airport.
NZAA is still on track for an end-of-year release.

:D That's great news!

As for a companion airport, how about Mercer? It's half way between Auckland and Hamilton and would make both of the two areas join up!
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby bigdogshark62 » Tue May 02, 2006 6:03 am

Rob, I realize you came out with Hamilton in the Godzone mag (hard to get on this side of the pond), but did it include the airport, or was it just the photoreal landscape? If it had the airport, then I might just ask how to buy me a copy. And we'll likely be getting in touch while there in August to get our mitts on Real Auckland (and if possible will likely work on a workaround to get Shayne's NZAA to work with it until your NZAA is ready).

Ahhhh, I miss NZ...
Last edited by bigdogshark62 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigdogshark62

Postby toprob » Tue May 02, 2006 10:40 am

bigdogshark62 wrote: Rob, I realize you came out with Hamilton in the Godzone mag (hard to get on this side of the pond), but did it include the airport, or was it just the photoreal landscape? If it had the airport, then I might just ask how to buy me a copy. And we'll likely be getting in touch while there in August to get our mitts on Real Auckland (and if possible will likely work on a workaround to get Shayne's NZAA to work with it until your NZAA is ready).

It was photoreal only, and from memory the photoreal didn't even extend to the airport.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby ardypilot » Tue May 02, 2006 9:26 pm

I just saw a Kaikoura (I think thats how you spell it?) whale-watching flight review on TV.

I think it would be neat to see some animated whales swimming around in the sea, surfacing and diving every so often- if that is possible...
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Tue May 02, 2006 11:15 pm

Trolly wrote: I just saw a Kaikoura (I think thats how you spell it?) whale-watching flight review on TV.

I think it would be neat to see some animated whales swimming around in the sea, surfacing and diving every so often- if that is possible...

I do have a whale in my Kaikoura scenery, but it wasn't released as part of the Kaikoura package. Like most animations on the sim, I find it a bit cartoony. The different between a real whale and an animated flightsim whale is just too great.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby ardypilot » Thu May 04, 2006 8:19 am

Like most animations on the sim, I find it a bit cartoony. The different between a real whale and an animated flightsim whale is just too great.

Any chance of a screenshot anyway toprob?
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby mavman » Thu May 04, 2006 8:38 pm

Would love to see a photoreal Dunedin International Airport and Hamilton Airport also..... :) BTW I notice the Godzone photoreal Taieri scenery from avsim doesn't include the photoreal Taieri aerodrome although it is pictured on some sites....can you download the Taieri aerodrome scenery from anywhere?
mavman
Forum Addict

Postby toprob » Fri May 05, 2006 11:00 am

mavman wrote: Would love to see a photoreal Dunedin International Airport and Hamilton Airport also..... :) BTW I notice the Godzone photoreal Taieri scenery from avsim doesn't include the photoreal Taieri aerodrome although it is pictured on some sites....can you download the Taieri aerodrome scenery from anywhere?

The Taieri aerodrome was released on the Godzone discs only, from memory.
Taieri didn't exist in FS2002, which made it ideal to model, but Microsoft did decide to add just this one NZ airfield to FS2004. This makes mine incompatible with FS2004 until I can remove the default airfield.
At the moment this isn't a priority until I get on to Dunedin International. Dunedin was going to be 'Real New Zealand' disc #5, but other commitments mean that it keeps going to the back of the queue.
The timetable now is something like this: (don't quote me, it is subject to change, and does so at least twice a day...)
Wanaka/Tekapo -- this month sometime;
Wellington International and City -- 8 weeks after Wanaka release:)
Hamiltion and one other (thinking Gisborne at the moment) -- late August
Auckland International -- December

Somewhere in there hopefully will be Ardmore, and maybe 2 more regionals.
Dunedin will be a priority next year.

As I said, though, this will probably change. Commissioned jobs get priority -- commissions normally mean paying a fee to jump the queue.
-Robin
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby ardypilot » Fri May 05, 2006 4:42 pm

Hamiltion and one other (thinking Gisborne at the moment) -- late August

It would be great to see Gizzy, especially with an animated train across the railway that crosses the runway there!
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby gruschow » Mon May 22, 2006 9:30 am

Milford Sound
Great Barrier
Pauanui Beach
Wairoa
Taupo

In photo-real.

Well I can dream can't I?

Jack.
gruschow

Postby ardypilot » Mon May 22, 2006 1:00 pm

Pauanui Beach ... In photo-real

It has already been done as part of the now discontinued payware Godzone magazine, which included the whole Coromandel area.

Here are some shots of Tairua and Pauanui for you:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby ZK-MAT » Mon May 22, 2006 1:04 pm

Heres a shot of Pauanui I took as part of a series of shots NZTG-NZAA a year or so ago. I figured that the Tairua Paku Vista looked better from the air, rather than the flat expanse it looks from alongside in FS <_<

user posted image
ZK-MAT

Next

Return to Scenery