NZGY Glenorchy WIP

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

NZGY Glenorchy WIP

Postby emfrat » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Well, after I installed Godzone Sub 8, I realised I was TPO with FSX defaults wrecking great scenery by doing things like this:

So I have started making NZGY look like this, which is what you get when you disable the VLC Airfields Glenorchy, and the default 92470.bgls.
Luckily APX92470 only affects Glenorchy and Milford Sound, and I have Mike's Milford installed (it's even in the Scenery Library now!), so there is no prob getting rid of the defaults altogether. :D

MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: NZGY Glenorchy WIP

Postby toprob » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Cheers, I've been playing around with a cool little tool called Terrain Sculptor, which would be ideal to fix Glenorchy. At the moment I'm using it on NZWN, but I hope to be able to spend some time tidying up airfields within the Subscription area once I've finished the photoscenery.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Re: NZGY Glenorchy WIP

Postby emfrat » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Thanks, Rob - I will have a look at that tool. I use ADEX ('cos it's free) and that means a lot of trial and error, so anything more 'live' would be great.
I was tempted to just stick an Airport Locator on the photoscenery, but it is not terribly flat. Looking around the 'net, I see the parachute people have a building and some picnic tables, as well as a Fletcher and the usual fences and signs, so it can be made into a pretty project.
MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to Scenery