Ohakea Scenery V2

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

Postby Adamski » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 pm

lowglow wrote:
QUOTE (lowglow @ Jan 24 2012,6:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... and REXII grass textures

Hmmm ... could be the problem. Are you using the complete REX package or did you just install the grass textures separately?
ImageImage Image
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby lowglow » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Adamski wrote:
QUOTE (Adamski @ Jan 24 2012,10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm ... could be the problem. Are you using the complete REX package or did you just install the grass textures separately?

No not using the whole of REX it is a stand alone texture not necessary to have the REX package, just one file detail1.bmp goes in the FSX Scenery\World\Texture folder replacing the original file.
I backed up a copy of the original file, I reinstaled this backup default file when I noticed this Ohakea problem to see if it maybe the cause made on difference and I have again reinstalled the REX file as it does improve the grass appearence.
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby lowglow » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:33 am

What I have done now is install FSX on one of my other PC's and have been looking at differences between the two and have copied some files from the clean install across to the problem install still no fix yet.
I am thinking of either a repair install or maybe a complette clean install.
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:46 am

You should only need to install the 8GB texture file , was going to ask if had another PC to grab required file , only thing left do . I cant see how the REX grass texture affected only Ohakea as it would have affected Palmerston as well .
Last edited by Ian Warren on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby lowglow » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:07 am

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Jan 26 2012,8:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should only need to install the 8GB texture file , was going to ask if had another PC to grab required file , only thing left do . I cant see how the REX grass texture affected only Ohakea as it would have affected Palmerston as well .

Ok I will do that, REX didn't affect anythig
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby Sinz » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Wicked Ar@$d scenery man,

Installed tonight and flew from NZWB to Ohakea. Looks awsome. One question though, the Aircraft that are parked (F-18 Hornets?) are they without any markings or have I messed up install?

Yes...Still a Noob. rolleyes.gif

Sinz
Sinz

Postby Ian Warren » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:14 pm

That guy who looks depressed , comes thru watching re runs of Shortland Street laugh.gif ..... True ! laugh.gif ..... Not Kidding laugh.gif , F18s without markings - taggers , bloody kids and spray cans ! Who also watch Shortland Street tongue.gif
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Adamski » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:14 pm

@Sinz - my aircraft look like that as well. They're just very low-res, low poly objects, I think. NZOH looks better without them, IMHO winkyy.gif
ImageImage Image
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby Sinz » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Jan 27 2012,10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That guy who looks depressed , comes thru watching re runs of Shortland Street laugh.gif ..... True ! laugh.gif ..... Not Kidding laugh.gif , F18s without markings - taggers , bloody kids and spray cans ! Who also watch Shortland Street tongue.gif

True dat!

Adamski wrote:
QUOTE (Adamski @ Jan 27 2012,11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Sinz - my aircraft look like that as well. They're just very low-res, low poly objects, I think. NZOH looks better without them, IMHO winkyy.gif

Cheers Adamski,

So was installed correctly..Awsome.

Again Very Cool...Kahu Thx Heaps.

Sinz

Are they?

F-18's (Hornets) Still learning of course. Had to search and look at a few to pick them as F-18's LOL.

Sinz
Sinz

Postby lowglow » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Man oh man you have noooo idea what it has taken to fix this problem, all is good now I think but I don't think I have seen the end of this problem
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Phewy .. i do believe the cause was the other MS sims and X was reading one and another .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Kahu » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Good to see you got it sorted. Sorry I couldn't reply this week I got caught up in the Fiji floods SEE HERE. Then had some major dramas at airport with 12hr delay, and to finish it all off caught some stomach bug which put me into a high fever and vomiting.I think I'll stick with flight simming for a while laugh.gif All good now so I'll get back into finishing Wigram New_Zealand_etc.gif

PS:Some of the static aircraft dont have a lot of detail so as to keep the frame rates high, this scenery was designed to be used with AI
Last edited by Kahu on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kahu
Sim-holic

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:07 pm

Jeepers Gav , saw the mess over there , hope you did'nt have pay the extra departure tax after all that .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby lowglow » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Jan 28 2012,1:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phewy .. i do believe the cause was the other MS sims and X was reading one and another .

And then not being able to activate FSX after a complette reinstall and I will have this problem again I believe if I ever have to do another install which I will as I plan on installing on anothe Hard drive soon
So right now I have a complette default FSX with acceleration and no addons at all.
mmm were to start
Last edited by lowglow on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby lowglow » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Well it took some time but I finally got there

I would like to thank those that took the time to help me out with this, still got some to do, reinstalling all the adgons and reconfiguring settings and tweeks to get it back to were I was or better smile.gif
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:21 pm

You'd be like a muppet .. a smile from ear to ear , and is that VLC i see in the background cool.gif
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Adamski » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Great to hear you're finally sorted!!! What was the cause in the end? Multiple FS installs? Old install info still held in the registry? I'm intrigued!
ImageImage Image
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Adam , discussing with Chris , he mentioned he had FS9 and another MS flight program on the same hard drive , i found years ago they do talk to each other and cause all sorts of problems .
Last edited by Ian Warren on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby lowglow » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:48 pm

Adamski wrote:
QUOTE (Adamski @ Jan 28 2012,11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great to hear you're finally sorted!!! What was the cause in the end? Multiple FS installs? Old install info still held in the registry? I'm intrigued!

Yep all sorted now not sure if we will ever know exactly what the cause was

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Jan 28 2012,11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You'd be like a muppet .. a smile from ear to ear , and is that VLC i see in the background cool.gif

Sure am and yes I am now a proud VLC supporter smile.gif
Last edited by lowglow on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby lowglow » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:06 am

Kahu wrote:
QUOTE (Kahu @ Jan 28 2012,1:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to see you got it sorted. Sorry I couldn't reply this week I got caught up in the Fiji floods SEE HERE. Then had some major dramas at airport with 12hr delay, and to finish it all off caught some stomach bug which put me into a high fever and vomiting.I think I'll stick with flight simming for a while laugh.gif All good now so I'll get back into finishing Wigram New_Zealand_etc.gif

PS:Some of the static aircraft dont have a lot of detail so as to keep the frame rates high, this scenery was designed to be used with AI

Yep all is good now, what a great addon had alot of fun flying around exploring the area yesturday. If your new Wigram addon is half as good as Ohakea I can't wait.
Again thanks for all your help guys, Im slowly but surely getting through reinstating all my addons and rexploring again as it all looks so diferent with VLC biggrin.gif
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery