Ohakea Scenery V2

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:32 pm

You wont have a DX10 switch if you have a low end card and it really would not have made that effect on the ground if it was a DX issue .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby lowglow » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Jan 21 2012,7:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You wont have a DX10 switch if you have a low end card and it really would not have made that effect on the ground if it was a DX issue .

My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6700 series.

Here is Palmy Default

Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Now that getting weird , fine there but mucks up only short distance , might be something using NZOH , have you done a search and the Ohakea name then delete everything .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby lowglow » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Jan 21 2012,7:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that getting weird , fine there but mucks up only short distance , might be something using NZOH , have you done a search and the Ohakea name then delete everything .

Running a search now only found a couple of bgl files so far in a Static Objects Library folder in the addon scenery folder I deactivated that folder yeasterday an checked back into Ohakea that made no difference
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Going to PM you to send a file through .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Adamski » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:45 pm

lowglow wrote:
QUOTE (lowglow @ Jan 21 2012,7:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6700 series.

... which is capable of DirectX 11 ... so you *should* be seeing that box! Latest drivers????

@Ian ... would the grass texture seen OK here in Palmy be the same as NZOH? Certainly looks like it ought to be .. in which case the problem must be layering or elevation <???>.
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:51 pm

It will take about an hour to upload , create a seperate - OHtest for example , create the two sub folders inside , scenery and texture , place both these files into the scenery folder . Install as if its a new scenery we will see if it clears that horrible ground texture . 50 mins remaining before you can d/load .

Adamski wrote:
QUOTE (Adamski @ Jan 21 2012,8:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Ian ... would the grass texture seen OK here in Palmy be the same as NZOH? Certainly looks like it ought to be .. in which case the problem must be layering or elevation <???>.

Thinking that but a area should have restore it to the scenery and not have it showing in the default . we will see if the the sending will help cover the problem . we can then install Ohakea on the file sent and all should work .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby lowglow » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Adamski wrote:
QUOTE (Adamski @ Jan 21 2012,8:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... which is capable of DirectX 11 ... so you *should* be seeing that box! Latest drivers????

They were the latest drivers when I installed the card about 6 months ago. I had trouble installing the drivers and had to get the PC tech at the wifes work to sort it, I asked him if I might have the same problem if I ever update the drivers and his answer was probably.

If we knew what folder had the default Ohakea files in it we could just replace it
Last edited by lowglow on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 pm

lowglow wrote:
QUOTE (lowglow @ Jan 21 2012,9:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we knew what folder had the default Ohakea files in it we could just replace it

We can find out but you would find it would takeout some off the nearest airfields as well , Palmy , Foxpine and others that could get affected .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby lowglow » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Jan 21 2012,9:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We can find out but you would find it would takeout some off the nearest airfields as well , Palmy , Foxpine and others that could get affected .

But if we replace the whole folder then would that not reinstall those airfields aswell
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:11 pm

I see what you mean , if i was to search for the file , its only small , then send it thru might be the fix , i'd have to reinstall my AFCAD program to find the file , less only way off finding the file name i no off .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby lowglow » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:19 pm

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Jan 21 2012,9:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see what you mean , if i was to search for the file , its only small , then send it thru might be the fix , i'd have to reinstall my AFCAD program to find the file , less only way off finding the file name i no off .

Yeah I have thought about this for a while but was not sure how to find it
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby lowglow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Ian
I thought I would let you know how things went with the files you sent me on here rather that reply to you email as I have a screenshot to add.
Thankyou for emailing me the files I unzipped them into the appropriate folder and all four files were replaced as you would expect. unfortunatlly it didn't fix the problem.
I had a thought and deactivated folder 1105 in FSX went back to Ohakea and the wierd textures are gone, there are now some other random things, trees in the middle of the runway etc. I would say that this is because Ohakea now doesn't exist so FSX has filled in the gap with some random textures but as I still has OhakeaV2 activated that is showing up. I guess this means you are on to something, maybe replace the whole of folder 1105 it might fix it?
here is the latest screenshot

Last edited by lowglow on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:34 am

Chris that,s looking much better , have you reinstalled the Ohakea scenery to see what happens , if no fix then , think all we need to do now is send a texture file through and you should be operational . smile.gif
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby lowglow » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:48 am

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Jan 24 2012,9:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chris that,s looking much better , have you reinstalled the Ohakea scenery to see what happens , if no fix then , think all we need to do now is send a texture file through and you should be operational . smile.gif

Yep have reinstalled Ohakea and it is fine apart from trees in the middle of the runnway buildings etc. I guess this has proved that the problem is in folder 1105 I think the best thing to do is replace the entire folder, when I get home from work I am going to have a good look in there and see if I can see something out of place
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 am

I now believe the final fix would be the replacement of just the texture folder , 8MB and that should fix it .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby Adamski » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:06 pm

lowglow wrote:
QUOTE (lowglow @ Jan 24 2012,12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep have reinstalled Ohakea and it is fine apart from trees in the middle of the runnway buildings etc. I guess this has proved that the problem is in folder 1105 I think the best thing to do is replace the entire folder, when I get home from work I am going to have a good look in there and see if I can see something out of place

Have you "fiddled" with your scenery in any way in the past? I'm wondering what could possibly have upset a core FS folder. These experiments (if any) could have affected other areas too ...
Adamski
NZFF Pro

Postby lowglow » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:35 pm

Adamski wrote:
QUOTE (Adamski @ Jan 24 2012,1:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you "fiddled" with your scenery in any way in the past? I'm wondering what could possibly have upset a core FS folder. These experiments (if any) could have affected other areas too ...

No not at all other that inslalling a few addons and REXII grass textures, the addons have been RealNZ Marlb and I think a couple of freeware CHchV1.3 a few south island ones from Snowmans site and just recently Ohakea and Whenuapi. thats when I found the problem with Ohakea default. I don't usually venture out of the Marlb Nelson region
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:44 pm

I package up texture tomorrow , following up on work ops this evening .
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby lowglow » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Ian Warren wrote:
QUOTE (Ian Warren @ Jan 24 2012,9:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I package up texture tomorrow , following up on work ops this evening .

Thanks Ian and good luck
Image Image

lowglow
Sim-holic

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery