Palmerston North

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

Palmerston North

Postby emfrat » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Does anyone know what has happened here? This should be the VLC Airfields NZPM, which is the only one I have installed - but there seems to something missing from underneath those aircon exhausts. It was certainly OK a couple of years back when it was installed. All decorous suggestions accepted. :givein:

MikeW
'Propliner' is actually short for 'Proper airliner, with big rumbly radials'

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Palmerston North

Postby hasegawa » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:44 am

A second scenery "above"?
hasegawa
Sim-holic

Postby emfrat » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:17 am

This is what ADEX shows me. I have disabled APX94460 and other related bgl files. The mini-tower should not be there, either. I have searched every scenery object library and xml file I can find on this machine, but that GUID does not appear anywhere :givein:

MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby toprob » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:32 pm

The terminal is default, and you won't find the GUID in any library as it is autogenerated. It is tagged to display at 'dense' -- maybe check your scenery complexity setting?
The tower I'm just not sure about, this is added in VLC_airfields, but it is inside the terminal on my version, so I don't know why it is was included.

EDIT: sorry, I read the terminal setting from the stock airport, where it was set to 'dense', but the VLC airport changes this to 'very sparse', so the terminal should in fact always display. And it looks like the tower might just be there to put some junk on the roof of the terminal. So really I'm not sure why you can't see the terminal.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Just a quick question, why did you disable the default files?

YA_EDIT: although disabling APX94460.bgl shouldn't have any affect here, disabling OBX94460.bgl would....
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby emfrat » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Thanks, Rob - I looked at pics pf the terminal, and there is tower-type observation room on top of it.. I think the small tower is meant to be embedded in the default terminal, to model the appearance of that observation room.. The aircon exhausts and the various antennas are default scenery objects, as is the mini-tower. My scenery density setting is very dense, so all the bits should show up. I will copy Tim's file in ADEX, which will rename it with MJW added, and make the changes you suggest.
I don't have any ORBX NZ scenery. I generally disable the default airport bgls to eliminate bad stuff like 5-mile-long earthen aircraft carriers. Thanks to yourself, Tim and Mike A-A I have plenty third party airports to cover the disabled ones. just need to be careful not to disable an APX bgl until I have checked how many airfields it will affect.

ATB
MikeW
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby emfrat » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:53 pm

Well, it seems I made a mistake - aren't you all proud to be present at such a historic event? :lol:

Rob set me on the right track - I had disabled the OBX94460 bgl, thinking anything with OBX in it must be related to ORBX. When, I don't recall.
Mind you, it looks pretty deadly. You can see where that shortarse tower is embedded, but needs another storey in height.
I will have a go at modelling the terminal, nothing fancy, just an exterior. There are plenty pics around, and buildings these days are very modular, so safe assumptions can be made about measurements etc - doors are standard heights, so you can work off them and get a reasonable representation. We shall see...

Thanks to everyone who helped
MikeW
MikeW

emfrat
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to Scenery