Does RealNZ airports work in Orbx FTX NZ SI and NI?

An area to discuss scenery addons for virtual NZ

Does RealNZ airports work in Orbx FTX NZ SI and NI?

Postby mac » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:25 am

Hi there, I've just purchased Orbx FTX NZ North and South Isand for FSX. I'd like to know if the RealNZ Nelson Airport/VLC would work in Orbx, and if all the other RealNZ airports for FSX would work too in Orbx as well. Were there issues and if so were there fixes for them as well?
Would other nz fsx sceneries work in orbx nz as well? Thanks in advance.

The orbx ftx nz scenery with the FTX AI for nz just blows me away and is a big step up from fs9 where I was before. Nearly all the sliders in my fsx setup on my new i5 6500 pc with 2gb vid card and 16gb ram are full to the right, makes no hit to the framerates at all. I came this far after testing the sliders, notching them up gradually and found no real hit at all so have left them set high.
mac

Topic author

Re: Does RealNZ airports work in Orbx FTX NZ SI and NI?

Postby toprob » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:53 am

The goal is to aim for FTX compatibility, and all the 'current' and future releases will be compatible. So Real NZ Nelson and Real NZ Dunedin are compatible, and most of the subscription/compilation, although some of the incomplete airports such as Wellington are not yet compatible.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Re: Does RealNZ airports work in Orbx FTX NZ SI and NI?

Postby mac » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks Rob, I think you mean that all the current releases including future releases will work in FTX with the exception of Wellington and some older releases.
mac

Topic author

Return to Scenery