"Logbook" feature

A forum specifically to discuss the latest and greatest of all flight simulators

"Logbook" feature

Postby rayclyde » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:20 am

Its probably "aging" but I cannot find anywhere how the Logbook feature within FSX "Pilots Records" is turned on/off. Anyone out there with the answer?
rayclyde

Topic author

Re: "Logbook" feature

Postby Ian Warren » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:32 am

Gawd Clyde I never used it , There we go FSX
HOME
FREE FLIGHT
MISSIONS
MULTIPLAYER
PILOT RECORDS .... I'm sure is the one you want - REWARDS - LOGBOOK - PHOTOS

You can select a flight (hi-light it) At the bottom of list - you can check details or delete entry.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby rayclyde » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:58 am

Thanks for the comment Ian but my exact problem is that for some reason or another the programme has stopped recording the flights. You know; park up, do all the switches and other things necessary to shut the rubber band up then when you go to the logbook there is no entry. Restart the Sim and there is still no entry. There must, therefore, be some way to turn the logbook on/off!! Got me b------d.
rayclyde

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:03 am

OK this something I never played around with ... and shamed to say even with maybe three months since a fresh install I have only done 37.8 hour :o , as for the way you looking for it , I simply don't know .... Its not in the drop down menu and is this for FSX ?
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby rayclyde » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:06 am

Yes FSX
rayclyde

Topic author

Postby toprob » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:07 am

This used to be a common issue, obviously still is. Take a look here for the 'logbook fix'.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby rayclyde » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:21 am

Thank you Robin. I am reading the instructions (Gulp) and will let the world know of the outcome :hesaid:
rayclyde

Topic author

Postby rayclyde » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:15 pm

The Logbook Recovery utility did identify there were errors and did restore the stored data; getting rid of a block of faulty records in the process. The "clean" file looked pretty complete
and accurate to me. I made three separate Wellington circuits post that action but these three new ones while appearing in the BIN file do not appear in the Pilot Record display; nor does it show any of the earlier ones.

However I am not too much taken with hours flown but more why the display failed; it simply intrigued me.

I regularly need to re-install my Sim as I tend to get into trouble playing with the program rather than playing the game as it were. Next re-install will probably come up with the desired display.

Thanks for your assistance and inputs :bow:
rayclyde

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:25 pm

rayclyde wrote:However I am not too much taken with hours flown but more why the display failed; it simply intrigued me.

Well ya doing better than me , exactly the same .. a log book crikey what is one off those ... 10 years plus of FSX didn't batter an eyelid :D
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Return to All Flight Simulators