REX in P3D 2.3?

A forum specifically to discuss the latest and greatest of all flight simulators

Postby ardypilot » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I've had an academic licence for P3D for a while but have not really been happy with the stock sim appearance or performance until v2.3 came out. I'm liking what I see now, and want to add REX cloud and water textures to the program- but am unsure on the procedure?

I went to my account page on the FlightSimStore and am redownloading the install file for REX Essential PLUS. Is it simply a case of opening the .exe file when it completes and choosing Prepar3D over FSX during the install process? Or will Windows spit the dummy that I have FSX installed with REX already active on the same harddrive?

Also- are there any other ATI card users on the forums who've gone into the CCC or RadeonPro toolkits to tweak performance and display settings for P3D? I'm a little overwhelmed with all the different settings, and am still getting subtle tears in my terrain, and other screenshots I've seen look much crisper than my own...?

Cheers!
Intel Core i5-2400|8GB RAM|ATI Radeon HD 5750 (1GB)|1TB Seagate Barracuda|Windows 7 64 Bit|FSX Gold Edition|24" AOC Widescreen
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:08 pm

ardypilot wrote:
QUOTE (ardypilot @ Aug 19 2014,1:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went to my account page on the FlightSimStore and am redownloading the install file for REX Essential PLUS. Is it simply a case of opening the .exe file when it completes and choosing Prepar3D over FSX during the install process? Or will Windows spit the dummy that I have FSX installed with REX already active on the same harddrive?

When FSX was first released I still had FS9 install on the very same HD , after a few months specific after airport design and builds part off what I was doing bleed into the newer program and cause all sorts of problems .

I stop this by putting FSX onto a separate HD and everything settle down , wonder if that is the same issue ? .. maybe partition the HD or easier put a new HD in .
Last edited by Ian Warren on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby omitchell » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:15 pm

Think you misread Ian

This page might help http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum...sx-to-prepar3d/
Founder and Former CEO of VANZ

"You land a million planes safely, then you have one little mid-air
and you never hear the end of it."
Air Traffic Controller, New York TRACON
Westbury, L.I
omitchell

Postby NZ255 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Not sure, you may have to check the REX forums. As far as I was aware only their (newly patched for P3D2.3) REX 4 Texture Direct was compatible? Probably not true technically, under the hood.
Last edited by NZ255 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NZ255
NZFF Pro

Postby toprob » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:39 pm

I think I just purchased the P3D access rights ($10?) , directly from the REX panel. It now reads 'P3D activated' where the purchase button was.
I now use it exclusively in P3D, but it is a simple process to switch it to FSX -- I just browse to the FSX folder, in the REX Config Manager.
You can't just set and forget for both, though, which is a nuisance.
toprob
NZFF Pro

Postby ardypilot » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Could you post a screen grab of where that purchase button/activated button is please Robin? Found it hidden away in the Configuration Manager.

I was under the impression I was going to have to spend my rainy day off uninstalling and reinstalling the whole thing. The REX forums are a mindfield- the naming of the updates of their products are so confusing that I've steered clear for a long time and am fingers crossed that the version I have will meet the requirements for both sims!
Last edited by ardypilot on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core i5-2400|8GB RAM|ATI Radeon HD 5750 (1GB)|1TB Seagate Barracuda|Windows 7 64 Bit|FSX Gold Edition|24" AOC Widescreen
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to All Flight Simulators