Flight Sim Store Australia

A forum specifically to discuss the latest and greatest of all flight simulators

Postby harold » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:58 pm

I have made two purchases from the Flight Sim Store on line (base out of Shellharbour NSW)
I got the Carenado B200 and the disc arrived for this in due time.
I have since ordered the OBX South Island scenery but nothing has arrived and it is marked pending on the web site. A month seems a long time but that can happen. My concern is that I cant email them (site wont let me), no answer to their phones.

Has anyone else had any experience with this company recently ?
harold

Topic author

Postby Dash8captain » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:32 pm

harold wrote:
QUOTE (harold @ Jun 16 2013,8:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have made two purchases from the Flight Sim Store on line (base out of Shellharbour NSW)
I got the Carenado B200 and the disc arrived for this in due time.
I have since ordered the OBX South Island scenery but nothing has arrived and it is marked pending on the web site. A month seems a long time but that can happen. My concern is that I cant email them (site wont let me), no answer to their phones.

Has anyone else had any experience with this company recently ?

Iv just placed a big order with them and before I placed the order I asked a few questions on their site there is a customer support link on the site and they got back to me within 2 hours, my order was placed on Friday 14th and it says processed

may be of help
'All things are possible to him that believes'
Dash8captain

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:46 pm

harold wrote:
QUOTE (harold @ Jun 16 2013,9:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have made two purchases from the Flight Sim Store on line

Gidday Harold , You can track your orders by simply go to 'my account' to find if your order has been processed .

Personally everything i have ever purchased from the FlightSim-Store was a d/load package , with all downloads and the backup the speed is Five Star , be my favourite shop due their service .

A month is well past any due by date .. I would expect 7/10 days Max . Best you re check your order in accounts and question this .

Ian
Last edited by Ian Warren on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Postby zkcav » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Last Year I ordered the following items from the store thinking that they are just across the ditch and I had blown out my monthly download limit so was dial up speed - so I should get them sooner than going to Germany and UK or waiting till next month:

1 x Horizon - VFR Generation X Vol. 1 Southern England & South Wales
1 x Horizon - VFR Generation X Vol. 2 Central England & Mid Wales
1 x Horizon - VFR Generation X Vol. 3 Northern England & North Wales
1 x Aerosoft - VFR Germany 3 - South

Two the items I received in good time i.e. about a week another arrived about three weeks later, and the last one arrived about three months afterward - wrong I just looked at the order it was four months!!!! The excuse I got was they where out of stock and had to order it from Germany.

In a nutshell it would have been quicker for me wait a month and get my new allocation of data and download it. I'll never order any disks from there again, but as Ian says downloads are fine.
Last edited by zkcav on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Takeoff's are optional. Landings are mandatory.
zkcav
Forum Addict

Postby PA18 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi Harold,
I have used this great supplier several times and have had excellent service with timely deliveries. Mostly downloads but I always get the backup disc. Same great service applies to email queries.
Hope you get sorted soon - a delay without explanation is most unexpected.
PA18

Re: Flight Sim Store Australia

Postby Gonebush » Sat May 30, 2015 2:07 pm

My experience with FSS has been mostly good, but bad when it was bad.

I had one download purchase screw up last year. The website bounce-backs confirmed my payment but My Account didn't show the download as bought at all. It took quite a while before anything warm-blooded responded to my inquiries, even after leaving voicemail messages on their telephone.

Then not long after, a DVD purchase went AWOL. It took several months to get a response this time. I received the DVD with an apology and a credit against my next purchase. The credit never eventuated. Then, out of the blue, months later, a second copy of the DVD turned up. They were grateful I'd told them, and said mail it back. Shipping cost me more than the product itself. I asked for the cost to be held as a credit against my next purchase. No response, no credit.

The warm-blooded is Adrian Lehmann. He seems nice enough in correspondence but otherwise utterly disorganised.

Try pcaviator.com.au.
Gonebush

Re: Flight Sim Store Australia

Postby scaber » Sat May 30, 2015 5:53 pm

Sorry to hear about these bad experiences from a some of you. I've never had any problems with them. I've only ordered 3 physical disks but they all arrived in good time. Downloads are instant and now my preferred method. This is my go to store for most purchases. When I had a difficulty with one of my downloads being corrupted my email and one phone call were dealt with efficiently and the issue was resolved very efficiently.
|---------- Virtual Tour and Panoramic Photography ---------|
|-------------------- greg mckenzie, Christchurch -------------------|
scaber

Return to All Flight Simulators