GNZLAP Question

A forum specifically to discuss the latest and greatest of all flight simulators

Postby NZCoffee » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi everyone.

I can be a bit of a dunce when it comes to FSX addons, expecially when it comes to AI. Currently, I'm using WOAI, but I want to add in GNZLAP AI too.

1) Is GNZLAP Redux the latest one, and the one I should be using?
2) How do I install it so that a) it doesn't mess up with WOAI, and b) it doesn't mess up with VLC which I'm also using
3) I understand there's something I can do to make the props on some of the AI appear in FSX. I would appreciate some explicit instructions on how to do that smile.gif

Thanks in advance... I will return the favour with lots and lots of screenshots when it's all up and going from my NZ tour biggrin.gif
NZCoffee

Topic author

Postby NZCoffee » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:01 pm

Oh I've added another question since I'm jumping in and installing anyway: how do I import the callsigns? I've downloaded EditVoicePack X but it doesn't recognise the files in the call sign folder of GNZLAP, I guess because they are FS2004 files.
NZCoffee

Topic author

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:06 pm

NZCoffee wrote:
QUOTE (NZCoffee @ Sep 18 2011,2:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I've added another question since I'm jumping in and installing anyway: how do I import the callsigns? I've downloaded EditVoicePack X but it doesn't recognise the files in the call sign folder of GNZLAP, I guess because they are FS2004 files.

Hi Coffee the free ORBX AI Traffic works fine and is recommended for FSX http://fullterrain.com/product_traffic.html
dbcunnz
NZFF Pro

Postby Charl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Hello NZC, I am FSX-impaired but will get the ball rolling:
1) Is GNZLAP Redux the latest one, and the one I should be using?[/quote]YES
2) How do I install it so that a) it doesn't mess up with WOAI, and b) it doesn't mess up with VLC which I'm also using[/quote]You need to convert the FS9 flight plans to FSX. Someone will post the details I'm sure.
You don't use any of the GNZLAP AFCADs which is sad, but will rely on whatever FSX airport info exists in your sim.
3) I understand there's something I can do to make the props on some of the AI appear in FSX. I would appreciate some explicit instructions on how to do that smile.gif[/quote]Hope someone posts the instructions for you...
Actually if everyone pitches in here, I may upload the FSX patch/instruction set because I get asked this a lot.
Thanks in advance... I will return the favour with lots and lots of screenshots when it's all up and going from my NZ tour biggrin.gif[/quote]Look forward to it...

EDIT: This has been chewed over before, see:
http://nzff.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...nzlap&st=10
or just use the Forum search function on GNZLAP
Last edited by Charl on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charl
NZFF Pro

Postby ardypilot » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:30 am

I've got it working in FSX just in time for my simular timed tour too NZC, it really adds a whole new level of life to the sim. These were the instructions I followed to get it working:

* copy all folders in [FS9]\Aircraft starting with "HTAI" into [FSX]\SimObjects\Airplanes

* copy Traffic_HTAI_CSEP.bgl from [FS9]\Scenery\World\scenery into [FSX]\Scenery\World\scenery

The flightplan bgl file is in FS9-format, which will deactivate all your FSX-format flightplans, including default. Thus, you need to convert Traffic_HTAI_CSEP.bgl into FSX format using AIFPC - http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4746 - or alternative tools.

Also, for me at least, the prop discs showed up as all black, so I made my own that I've attached below; you'll need to replace each instance of prop-hs.bmp in the aeroplane texture subfolders. The one I made is for a two-blade prop so you may want to add a different one for the three-blade variants.

Finally, you want to assign the appropriate sound files to each aircaft type. To do that create an empty "soundai" folder in each aircraft folder then copy the soundai.cfg file from the [FSX]\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172_LFH\soundai folder. For the bigger Cessnas replace the "C172" in the cfg file with "C208B" (use Wordpad or Notepad for that

there also are five "fx_ga_*" .fx files in [FS9]\Effects that you should copy into [FSX]\Effects."[/quote]

However, the 'Traffic_HTAI_CSEP.bgl' is called 'Traffic GNZLAP_REDUX.bgl' in this version. Theres also a file called 'Traffic_HTAI_NONZ.bgl' in the same directory which I copied too. They both need to be decompiled and recompiled (real simple and easy with the above linked tool) before being put into the FSX folder.

The soundai folder is the most time consumping part of the patch over, as theres all the different models of aircraft, but well worth the result.

As for the 'prop-hs.bmp', I couldn't find it anywhere on the net and Naki kindly emailed it to me. To save you time, I've uploaded it here: http://www.filedropper.com/prop-hs

Good luck!
Last edited by ardypilot on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ardypilot
NZFF Pro

Postby NZCoffee » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Thanks. I just dropped the bgl flight plans straight in and I don't think it affected my WOAI. GNZLAP doesn't include airNZ aircraft does it cos I definitely had AIRNZ in the air last night. Perhaps because the WOAI flightplans are also FS9? I'll double check when I get home
NZCoffee

Topic author

Postby NZCoffee » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Nope, it hasn't affected WoAI at all! yay.

So, all I had to get it going was to copy the sound, scenery, and contents of the Aircraft folder to their respective locations. Even the ATC call signs seem to work and I have no idea how that magically worked
Last edited by NZCoffee on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NZCoffee

Topic author

Return to All Flight Simulators